+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can my wife apply for open work permit

yuriy

Aug 6, 2016
Hello Gays!
I need your help. I'm inland applicant, have unskilled work permit and applied for PR as provincial nominee May 30 and received File number Aug 30. I would like to apply for open work permit for my wife. I found this on official site:
Spouses or common-law partners of work permit holders who have been nominated for permanent residence by a province are entitled to open work permits for the duration of the work permit of the provincial nominee principal applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation.
But I don't know how we can do it?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuriy said:
Hello Gays!
I need your help. I'm inland applicant, have unskilled work permit and applied for PR as provincial nominee May 30 and received File number Aug 30. I would like to apply for open work permit for my wife. I found this on official site:
Spouses or common-law partners of work permit holders who have been nominated for permanent residence by a province are entitled to open work permits for the duration of the work permit of the provincial nominee principal applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation.
But I don't know how we can do it?
What do you mean you received a file number ?
Were you nominated by the province ? Or have you just got your AOR ?

I've never applied for a work permit, but I imagine you just go through the same online form as everyone else: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp