+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can my spouse create and link her account?

Java76

Jun 3, 2017
Hey everyone, I've applied to sponsor my wife who is a Filipino working in Hong Kong. We are stuck on what exactly we are supposed to do at this point and could use a little help / clarification from the community.

We sent our application package around May 3rd and it was received by CIC on May 5th. I as the sponsor have just received the AoR on May 30th via email. My wife has received an email also asking her to create an online account and link it with the paper application within 7 days time.

I've created an online account using the sign in partner option under my own name and linked the paper application to it using my UCI and Application #.

My questions are.

#1 Does my wife also need to create her own separate account or is my account enough?
#2 Am I supposed to use her UCI# and link it to my already existing account?
#3 How can my wife create an online account of her own if she does indeed require one with neither a cgkey or Canadian bank account to use as a sign in partner?
#4 Do I need to create a CGkey to make an account under her name and link it to our application using her UCI#?

We're both a little stuck on what exactly we're supposed to do at this point and how to comply with what they are requesting.We've both been searching for answers for days and can't really find any answers......could anyone please explain what we need to do?

Last edited:

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Create her own GCKey and you might want to try the below steps as many were successful linking their file after following the same as shown below:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.

2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2-a. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.

3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)

4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth

5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info

6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application.
** Two (2) which is the sponsor and PA unless PA have dependent/s, then just the add the number.
=====================

*** Creds to the original poster of the above steps.

Grace7700

Jan 15, 2023
Hey everyone, I've applied to sponsor my wife who is a Filipino working in Hong Kong. We are stuck on what exactly we are supposed to do at this point and could use a little help / clarification from the community.

We sent our application package around May 3rd and it was received by CIC on May 5th. I as the sponsor have just received the AoR on May 30th via email. My wife has received an email also asking her to create an online account and link it with the paper application within 7 days time.

I've created an online account using the sign in partner option under my own name and linked the paper application to it using my UCI and Application #.

My questions are.

#1 Does my wife also need to create her own separate account or is my account enough?
#2 Am I supposed to use her UCI# and link it to my already existing account?
#3 How can my wife create an online account of her own if she does indeed require one with neither a cgkey or Canadian bank account to use as a sign in partner?
#4 Do I need to create a CGkey to make an account under her name and link it to our application using her UCI#?

We're both a little stuck on what exactly we're supposed to do at this point and how to comply with what they are requesting.We've both been searching for answers for days and can't really find any answers......could anyone please explain what we need to do?
Hi was the issue regarding your wife resolved?