+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I unlock MyCIC account as soon as possible?

kikyou

Jul 27, 2015
I have MyCIC account been locked without care. I can not unlock MyCIC account through changing a password nor changing recovery questions.
How can I unlock MyCIC account as soon as possible?
I am urgently expecting to get any useful advice from all of you. Thanks a lot.

chaios_13

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
IELTS Request
08-06-2016
Med's Request
04-07-2016
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
02-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thank-you-legalfalcon-t408185.45.html

one of them has a similar questions about yours...hope it will help..

chaios_13

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
IELTS Request
08-06-2016
Med's Request
04-07-2016
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
02-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
chaios_13 said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thank-you-legalfalcon-t408185.45.html

one of them has a similar questions about yours...hope it will help..

Re: Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2016, 02:03:07 pm »
Hi @Legalfalcon,

As per your advise i went ahead and created my EE profile and got my CRS score (481) and created the job bank account as well.
But when i wanted to verify if my profile is now reflecting as "entered the pool / awaiting ITA etc.... " ...............i then messed up and got locked out of my GCKey account. i then called the GCKey folks on their helpline number and was given two options, wait for 24 hours and try aagin or create a new GCKey account.

I have tried again but seem to have an issue with the security questions and i can no longer get in to myCIC account through GCKey.
I can create a new GCKey but on other threads, i have heard that is not recommended (heard the nightmare stories about trying to link a new GCKey to an already submitted EE profile)..... i can also wait for another 24 hours and keep trying the security questions... but maybe a typo is causing me to not be able to get them correct.

I got an email stating i have messages waiting for me - not sure if i still need to do anything before a potential end of june draw... but i believe it is better to fix this before i get an ITA rather than after (in case i get lucky in the very next draw).

What is your advise on this goof up ??....Any recommendation on what is a good way to proceed ??

For now, i am trying once every 24 hours to see if i can get back into my account... but no luck so far.
Report to moderator Logged

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Have you received an ITA already and accepted ?

kikyou

Jul 27, 2015
@sodapop123

I have received an ITA, and I have submitted application for permanent residence visa.

Did you unlock your MyCIC account? How did you solve this problem?

sodapop123 said:
Have you received an ITA already and accepted ?

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
kikyou said:
@sodapop123

I have received an ITA, and I have submitted application for permanent residence visa.

Did you unlock your MyCIC account? How did you solve this problem?
Here is my advice, based on what i researched from others..... hope it helps you out.

If you hadn't yet accepted an ITA and submitted your application - you had two options :
Option 1 - Just create a new GCKey and use that to create an entirely new EE profile and let the locked one stay locked (it would have expired automatically anyway due to non - use after a while).
Option 2 - Create a New GCKey and use the option to link your existing EE profile to the new GCKey. (Note: you must have your old profile number and know other details in the EE profile, and personal details, exactly as submitted to be able to answer questions to link it successfully)

Keep in mind, the above option 2 ('Linking existing EE profile to new GCKey') has worked successfully, only for a few people - This is what i did and i just got lucky as it linked on first attempt. If you search the forum threads on linking applications or GCKey, you will find a lot of nightmare stories about it.

Unfortunately in your case since you have already accepted ITA and submitted an application, your only option is "option 2" listed above (Assuming there is no way for you to remember your old account password or security questions - you can keep trying).
Also, you can try and link the application multiple times if it fails (not sure if there is a limit or not).... i remember reading somewhere that it worked after few attempts for one person.

In case , your application never links successfully, then i would suggest reading through other threads where some folks had mentioned that you then need to contact CIC for help via email, but that takes a long time..... and also reach out to seniors like @legalfalcon or @asivadanac for advice.

Note:
Three important things.....
1. Do NOT follow option 1 above in your case, as i'm not sure what the consequences will be if you try to submit again.
2. Keep trying to remember your old GCKey password and security questions, as that is the easiest way
3. If you do go ahead and try to create a new GCKey, make sure to take screenshots / write down every detail (passwords, username, security questions etc....) - so that you never forget them again.

I wish you good luck... let us know how it goes.

ihaleem9

Aug 11, 2016
Process has changed. They don't unlock via calls. I tried everything for days and days before I figured out what worked. You'll have to fill a web form with your complain.

Google for IRCC web form and fill it with Application Type: Technical difficulties. They unlocked mine in 2 days. You'll receive an email when they unlock.

Kevin07

Feb 21, 2017
ihaleem9 said:
Process has changed. They don't unlock via calls. I tried everything for days and days before I figured out what worked. You'll have to fill a web form with your complain.

Google for IRCC web form and fill it with Application Type: Technical difficulties. They unlocked mine in 2 days. You'll receive an email when they unlock.
I am facing the same issue, have filled and sent the form its been 4 days so far no response. I am worried