Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hear me out please.

I am a resident of Montreal and would like to bring it to your notice about the negligence of Quebec Immigration regarding my CSQ application as a Skilled worker.

I came to Quebec as an International student, completed my Masters of Applied Computer science from Concordia University in 2015 and since then I have been working full time in Montreal.

> I applied for CSQ through Mon Projet online portal and received my CSQ in July 2016 and got married soon after that in October 2016.
> I applied for Permanent residency in January 2017 and was asked get the CSQ for my spouse first and then apply again for Permanent Residency.
> Then I applied for my spouse CSQ since 2nd March, 2017 and it has been 15 months now.

I called Quebec immigration many times but they always said that although the fees of $167 for adding spouse was deducted from my credit card on 22nd March, 2017, the file is still in-process. I kept quite and waited without calling quebec immigration again and again because anyways I was going to get the same response.

Recently, on 28th March, 2018, I received a notification from Quebec Immigration that I should update my Mon Projet profile and add my spouse (This option was not available earlier on Mon projet and that is why I had to submit a paper application for adding my spouse). This notification message also said that I don't need to pay any fees if I have already paid it. So I added my wife to my Mon projet profile and submitted the request without paying the fees for the same as I already paid it when I applied through paper application.

Surprisingly, today I have received another notification which has the below message:
"We hereby inform you that we can not continue to process your application for a Québec Selection Certificate because the fees required to add your spouse or dependent child have not been paid in accordance with the rules in force. . Here is, more precisely, the reason (s) why your request can not be processed:

- You did not provide the payment of the required fees within the prescribed time.

As a result, your application is no longer receivable and has been closed.
"

After waiting for 15 months, following all the procedures and paying the due fees on time which was deducted on 22nd March, 2017 (I have my credit card statement as proof), this is what I got in return.

I have been living in Montreal for around 5 years now, as a law abiding resident and paying my taxes as a normal resident. What is wrong with this whole immigration process in quebec and why is no one being held accountable for this mess. This whole process has nothing but left me all frustrated and clueless of what to do next. Because of this reason my application for Permanent residency is also suffering.

Any suggestion on what should be done. I have already waited enough for this CSQ. Now, if I call them again to clear out this confusion, they are going to ask me to submit all the documents such as the notifications that I received and the credit card statement etc. to prove that whatever I am saying is correct. And as you know that Quebec immigration does not give a damn about us, it is going to take another year for them to notice these documents and then they are going to do something, which I am not very hopeful of.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hear me out please.

I am a resident of Montreal and would like to bring it to your notice about the negligence of Quebec Immigration regarding my CSQ application as a Skilled worker.

I came to Quebec as an International student, completed my Masters of Applied Computer science from Concordia University in 2015 and since then I have been working full time in Montreal.

> I applied for CSQ through Mon Projet online portal and received my CSQ in July 2016 and got married soon after that in October 2016.
> I applied for Permanent residency in January 2017 and was asked get the CSQ for my spouse first and then apply again for Permanent Residency.
> Then I applied for my spouse CSQ since 2nd March, 2017 and it has been 15 months now.

I called Quebec immigration many times but they always said that although the fees of $167 for adding spouse was deducted from my credit card on 22nd March, 2017, the file is still in-process. I kept quite and waited without calling quebec immigration again and again because anyways I was going to get the same response.

Recently, on 28th March, 2018, I received a notification from Quebec Immigration that I should update my Mon Projet profile and add my spouse (This option was not available earlier on Mon projet and that is why I had to submit a paper application for adding my spouse). This notification message also said that I don't need to pay any fees if I have already paid it. So I added my wife to my Mon projet profile and submitted the request without paying the fees for the same as I already paid it when I applied through paper application.

Surprisingly, today I have received another notification which has the below message:
"We hereby inform you that we can not continue to process your application for a Québec Selection Certificate because the fees required to add your spouse or dependent child have not been paid in accordance with the rules in force. . Here is, more precisely, the reason (s) why your request can not be processed:

- You did not provide the payment of the required fees within the prescribed time.

As a result, your application is no longer receivable and has been closed.
"

After waiting for 15 months, following all the procedures and paying the due fees on time which was deducted on 22nd March, 2017 (I have my credit card statement as proof), this is what I got in return.

I have been living in Montreal for around 5 years now, as a law abiding resident and paying my taxes as a normal resident. What is wrong with this whole immigration process in quebec and why is no one being held accountable for this mess. This whole process has nothing but left me all frustrated and clueless of what to do next. Because of this reason my application for Permanent residency is also suffering.

Any suggestion on what should be done. I have already waited enough for this CSQ. Now, if I call them again to clear out this confusion, they are going to ask me to submit all the documents such as the notifications that I received and the credit card statement etc. to prove that whatever I am saying is correct. And as you know that Quebec immigration does not give a damn about us, it is going to take another year for them to notice these documents and then they are going to do something, which I am not very hopeful of.
Manpreet for $167 do you really wanna sue the authorities ?
I hope you understand that there will be huge legal fee involved for you to hire a lawyer create a case which maybe dragged on for months if not years.

Please think about it weigh the pros and cons of the entire thing all over again. Just mho

Anmolg

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Manpreet for $167 do you really wanna sue the authorities ?
I hope you understand that there will be huge legal fee involved for you to hire a lawyer create a case which maybe dragged on for months if not years.

Please think about it weigh the pros and cons of the entire thing all over again. Just mho
Itsbnot about 167$ , its about his precious time

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Its not just you, there are others too who have been treated unfairly by MIDI. Either you can go to Ombudsman of Quebec or we can all file a mass petition. I had enough with MIDI, my application is delayed by an year now with no end in sight.

So I am moving out of Quebec and applied Express Entry.

You can file your complaint to Ombudsman ----> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/info-unfair-treatment-by-midi-you-can-complain-to-quebec-ombudsman.545351/

Note for future applicants:

Quebec is the most corrupt province in Canada and it has full autonomy for immigration. The immigration dept of Quebec called MIDI is highly dysfunctional, biased, backlogged and is in stone age. So future high skilled and educated PR applicants should try to stay away from Quebec and its idiosyncrasies.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
I RECOMMEND YOU TO BRING A COMPLAINT TO THE COMMISSIONER OF COMPLAINT OF MIDI.

ONE OF MY FRIENDS SUBMITTED HIS APPLICATION FOR CSQ AS INLAND QSW IN 2012 AND FOR MANY YEARS HE HAD TO CALL MIDI EVERY MONTH, UNTIL IN 2017 HE START CALLING EVERY WEEK THEN MAKES A COMPLAINT TO DE COMMISSIONER AND HAS A RESPONSE WITHIN 30 DAYS.

SO CALL ASAP AND ASK TO TALK TO THE COMMISSIONER MAKE SURE TO GOT ALL YOUR PROOF READY TO SEND BY FAX.

GOOD LUCK

Reactions: Ckchin

Ckchin

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Its not just you, there are others too who have been treated unfairly by MIDI. Either you can go to Ombudsman of Quebec or we can all file a mass petition. I had enough with MIDI, my application is delayed by an year now with no end in sight.

So I am moving out of Quebec and applied Express Entry.

You can file your complaint to Ombudsman ----> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/info-unfair-treatment-by-midi-you-can-complain-to-quebec-ombudsman.545351/

Note for future applicants:

Quebec is the most corrupt province in Canada and it has full autonomy for immigration. The immigration dept of Quebec called MIDI is highly dysfunctional, biased, backlogged and is in stone age. So future high skilled and educated PR applicants should try to stay away from Quebec and its idiosyncrasies.
Yes most corrupted and undisciplined body. Lot of discrimination, they don’t have a strategy, they simple change rules whenever and however they want.

Simply BS