File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am living with my spouse and 2 children .can i sponsor my brother and sister .my brother and sister are both above 18 years old
No - see the discussions above - the question has already been answered there. You don't qualify since you have a spouse and children. Your siblings will have to qualify to immigrate on their own through an economic program like Express Entry.

SWASDEC02

Dec 4, 2017
Hi All,

is there any way that i can sponsor my brother if he is married and working in a foreign country and i am currently PR here.
what are the possible ways that i can get my brother here?

Please help me to find the options.

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017
Your sibling will have to qualify on his own to immigrate through economic programs (may be just like you got Pr by yourself)
Evn if u are a citizen it doesnt matter...it has to be done by himself..period.
Spare time for yourself and see the above posts ...

SWASDEC02

Dec 4, 2017
Your sibling will have to qualify on his own to immigrate through economic programs (may be just like you got Pr by yourself)
Evn if u are a citizen it doesnt matter...it has to be done by himself..period.
Spare time for yourself and see the above posts ...
Thanks much for the reply. yes.. i have gone through the options and i see that he has to qualify himself but since he is not having any Canadian experience and based on his qualifications and work experience he is not able to reach close enough to the express entry points that is being drawn recently and he is at around 380 'ish. not sure if there is a way that he can apply for some organization and get any job offer, by which he can may be qualify for the points...i am looking more and more and by myself and finally i am here for experts input.

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017
ACtually i would say finding a job offer from outside canada is really the toughest bet....so i would suggest to keep improving ielts skills and wait for upcoming draws...

SWASDEC02

Dec 4, 2017
ACtually i would say finding a job offer from outside canada is really the toughest bet....so i would suggest to keep improving ielts skills and wait for upcoming draws...
Sure Dolly143.. will keep trying for that ..fingers crossed.. hopefully he might be able to get it through some day.

atsui

Dec 28, 2017
hi, I am 64 years old and will be retired next year. I want to sponsor my brother who is 67 years old. My situation is my brother and I have never married, no children, no other brother or sister, parents are deceased. Firstly, am I qualified to sponsor him to come to Canada? Secondly, do I need minimum income for sponsor him ? Thirdly, how long do I have to sponsor him (3 years /10 years/20 years....)? Fourthly, how long does it take after submitting an application ? hank you for your time. Atsui

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
hi, I am 64 years old and will be retired next year. I want to sponsor my brother who is 67 years old. My situation is my brother and I have never married, no children, no other brother or sister, parents are deceased. Firstly, am I qualified to sponsor him to come to Canada? Secondly, do I need minimum income for sponsor him ? Thirdly, how long do I have to sponsor him (3 years /10 years/20 years....)? Fourthly, how long does it take after submitting an application ? hank you for your time. Atsui
As long as you don't have any spouse/common-law partner, no kids, and no family (uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces) who are citizens/PRs, then you would be eligible to sponsor your brother.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5196-sponsorship-adopted-children-other-relatives-sponsor.html

For family size of 2 (you + your brother) you must show 2017 income of at least $30,625.

The undertaking for "other" family class, is 10 years. So in case he goes on social assistance/welfare during first 10 years, you'd need to pay all that money back to government.

Current processing time for "other" relatives shows 31 months.