Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi

I want to claim extra 5 points although I am already well above the 67/100 thereshold but I think it would be better for my application.

I have my grandparent, aunts, uncles and nephews in canada but CIC profile only allows to show one. So I am going to show my Uncle (mother's brother). How can I prove my relationship to him?

Please guide

Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
rocky789 said:
Hi

I want to claim extra 5 points although I am already well above the 67/100 thereshold but I think it would be better for my application.

I have my grandparent, aunts, uncles and nephews in canada but CIC profile only allows to show one. So I am going to show my Uncle (mother's brother). How can I prove my relationship to him?

Please guide

Thanks
You show your birth certificate which has your mother's name. And then you show your mother's and your uncle's birth certificate which will have their parent's name. Same parents name, means blood relation.

rocky789

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA Received 04 May
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Thanks Maverick

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Maverick28 said:
You show your birth certificate which has your mother's name. And then you show your mother's and your uncle's birth certificate which will have their parent's name. Same parents name, means blood relation.
Optionally, you can show your uncle's passport (if it's Canadian it will not have parent's name) and your and mother's passport highlighting the family name/surname. I did this for Canadian visitor visa and it worked.

rocky789

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA Received 04 May
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
karthik2479 said:
Optionally, you can show your uncle's passport (if it's Canadian it will not have parent's name) and your and mother's passport highlighting the family name/surname. I did this for Canadian visitor visa and it worked.
Yup you are right my uncle's apssport doesnt have fathers name. for my mother's passport, it has husband's name. no family name.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
rocky789 said:
Hi

Please guide

Thanks
Dear you get points for blood relatives only which are parents, brothers, sisters etc not for uncle aunty and cousins

rocky789

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA Received 04 May
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

It states you get 5 points

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
I have an aunt in canada, as proving my relationship to her is hard (husband family name taken) , hence is it compulsory that i mention that i have relatives there? i have enough points atm to get the ITA.

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi!

Durjng express entry profile, i admitted of having relatives in canada, my uncle, even though i dont need to claim points for it.

In my PR application, is it fine to mention that i have no relatives in Canada and write a LOE explaining that i'm having difficulties getting the supporting documents from him? Or else just provide whatever documents i have?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
You will have two sections to upload.
1- proof of relationship to your host. Here you upload birth certificates showing where the blood relationship meets.
2- proof of status. You upload a scan of PR card or canadian passport of your relative in canada.
Please keep in mind that CIC clearly states that if you have enough points above the minimum 67 for FSW, and your proof is not good enough, you will NOT be rejected.
I personally answered yes as my uncle is a permanent resident in canada, simply out of being honest. Didnt want to risk answering no and getting accused of misrepresentation. His birth certificate translation shows same parents as my father, but spelling when translating the same arabic name to english sometimes differs. And seen as its hard for me to get hold of him everyday and bothering him to go back and forth changing the translation to match mine, so i just uploaded what he gave me knowing i already have enough points without it.
Good luck

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Just Don't do it if you already got 67/100. CRS is the determinating factor for ITA.

Amakyzuu

Nov 18, 2016
Hello. H
Hi!

Durjng express entry profile, i admitted of having relatives in canada, my uncle, even though i dont need to claim points for it.

In my PR application, is it fine to mention that i have no relatives in Canada and write a LOE explaining that i'm having difficulties getting the supporting documents from him? Or else just provide whatever documents i have?
Hello. Pls how did you solve this problem?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi there,

But in this case, do we still need to point out how they are related in the letter of explanation or its fine to just upload the documents?

Does the Uncle need to write a letter confirming that my mother and him are siblings?

Thank you.
You can write a line or two in the LOE to make it easier for the visa officer.

Your Uncle does not need to write any letter.