+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I know if the government recognizes my work experience?

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,
A person that I know has recently registered business to run a property rental company and offered me a skilled job (not LMIA just regular job). Is there any way that I can make sure that employment agreement is going to be legit and also when he issues employment letter for my PR it is recognized by the government?

Not that he might scam me but I want to know the process to make everything legit and original since it is a new company.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,
A person that I know has recently registered business to run a property rental company and offered me a skilled job (not LMIA just regular job). Is there any way that I can make sure that employment agreement is going to be legit and also when he issues employment letter for my PR it is recognized by the government?

Not that he might scam me but I want to know the process to make everything legit and original since it is a new company.

Thanks in advance.
To make sure it's recognized, you need to make sure your employer will be issuing you a T4 at the end of the year for tax purposes (you want to avoid being classified as self-employed since this work experience cannot be counted towaards CEC). You also need to make sure the salary you are going to be paid is reasonable given the NOC and location where you will be working. If your salary falls below the "low" for that NOC in your region, IRCC may doubt that you actually worked a skilled job. Your employer obviously also needs to complete all CRA submissions, deduct the required tax, etc.