File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
First you need to find an employer in Canada who is willing to offer you a job. That employer then needs to apply for a Labour Market Opinion. If the Labour Market Opinion is approved, you can then apply for a work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - I don't know of any.

It's quite difficult to find employers who are willing to hire a foreign worker because most are not willing or interested in going through the Labour Market Opinion process.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
you dont have to look for what type of jobs indemand in canada...you have to find jobs similar to your experience to qualify.

madziaska

Nov 24, 2011
Hi,

I am currently in Montreal Quebec on IEC , WHP. The program allows me to work in Canada up to one year. I am hired by the family, who wants me to stay for 2 years to take care of children.
So I would like to extend my stay after IEC program is finished.

Do you know if it's possible to apply for a work permit from Canada when I am on IEC? First I wanted to stay under live-in program but I would have difficulties to prove my experience ( I was an English teacher to children in Poland and I don't know if such experience counts)

So I decided to apply for a regular work permit. How does it work when I'm already in Canada. I know my employer has to get the positive LMO from Quebec government. Should I leave Canada ?

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madziaska said:
I am currently in Montreal Quebec on IEC , WHP. The program allows me to work in Canada up to one year. I am hired by the family, who wants me to stay for 2 years to take care of children.
So I would like to extend my stay after IEC program is finished.

Do you know if it's possible to apply for a work permit from Canada when I am on IEC? First I wanted to stay under live-in program but I would have difficulties to prove my experience ( I was an English teacher to children in Poland and I don't know if such experience counts)

So I decided to apply for a regular work permit. How does it work when I'm already in Canada. I know my employer has to get the positive LMO from Quebec government. Should I leave Canada ?
Hi Madziaska,

Found this link on CIC Website. Please follow the link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob242.asp

Good luck :)

madziaska

Nov 24, 2011
Thanks so much.

I also have another question. I was also thinking about applying for a live -in caregiver program, but now it's impossible, because I can't prove my experience.
I am on IEC WHP working as a caregiver full time. To apply for a live-in I need a year of full time experience in similar field.

Would it be possible to apply just before the end of my IEC visa when I have the 12 month experience with the family I work for and get an implied status which would allow me to continue working before I get the live-in visa?

Which is more likeable to get? Live in work permit or regular work permit which requires positive LMO, but no experience as I think?

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
madziaska said:
Thanks so much.

I also have another question. I was also thinking about applying for a live -in caregiver program, but now it's impossible, because I can't prove my experience.
I am on IEC WHP working as a caregiver full time. To apply for a live-in I need a year of full time experience in similar field.

Would it be possible to apply just before the end of my IEC visa when I have the 12 month experience with the family I work for and get an implied status which would allow me to continue working before I get the live-in visa?

Which is more likeable to get? Live in work permit or regular work permit which requires positive LMO, but no experience as I think?
are you presently working with this family as a full time caregiver? if you do. you can ask them to make you a letter of employment stating your job descriptions and attached your T4 slips as proof they hired you as a nanny/caregiver.

you also have to apply outside canada to be qualified for the program.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
madziaska said:
Is experience needed to get the work permit?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/apply-who.asp

At least six months’ training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years

To claim work experience, you need to have worked for one year, including at least six months of continuous employment for the same employer. This work experience must be in a field or occupation specific to what you will do as a live-in caregiver. This experience must have been acquired within the three years immediately before the day on which you make an application for a work permit as a caregiver.

To claim training, it must have been full-time training in a classroom setting. Areas of study could be early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid.