+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Can I Get A SIN Number As An Undocumented Minor In Ontario Canada?<br>

Polianna Rose

Dec 17, 2017
I am 17 years old and i am an undocumented person in Canada. I am planning to apply for Humanitarian & Compassionate Grounds next month. However in the meantime i would like to work to support myself. I am aware that i cannot work an honest job as a woman without a sin number. I am hoping that someone can help me find programs or something that helps undocumented youth find work. I do not recieve social assistance due to my status so finding work and having a sin number is crutial for me. Plz help me out with any information you may have. Thank u.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am 17 years old and i am an undocumented person in Canada. I am planning to apply for Humanitarian & Compassionate Grounds next month. However in the meantime i would like to work to support myself. I am aware that i cannot work an honest job as a woman without a sin number. I am hoping that someone can help me find programs or something that helps undocumented youth find work. I do not recieve social assistance due to my status so finding work and having a sin number is crutial for me. Plz help me out with any information you may have. Thank u.
You cannot get a SIN right now. Who supports you?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
I can't think of any official programs that would help someone violate the law. It seems your only choice is the alt labour market until you can hopefully regularize yourself.

Polianna Rose

Dec 17, 2017
You did she receive citizenship without including you?
My entire family has citizenship in Canada. I do not however because my former guardians destroyed my application and did not comply with immigration Canada. My mother tried to sponsor me but she is unemployed and on social assistance right now. (she is looking for a job). I do not receive welfare just basic child tax that is expiring when i turn 18 in a few months. I am basically undocumented as my visitor status expired long ago.
Right now we are waiting on my passport to be renewed so that we can send in my H&C application as a last hope.

Polianna Rose

Dec 17, 2017
I just wanted to help myself find work because i see the way my mom is struggling to put food on the table. I am lost as to how to get a sin number or temporary permit etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My entire family has citizenship in Canada. I do not however because my former guardians destroyed my application and did not comply with immigration Canada. My mother tried to sponsor me but she is unemployed and on social assistance right now. (she is looking for a job). I do not receive welfare just basic child tax that is expiring when i turn 18 in a few months. I am basically undocumented as my visitor status expired long ago.
Right now we are waiting on my passport to be renewed so that we can send in my H&C application as a last hope.
This story is still weird. How are you not a PR at least? If your whole family is Canadian you either could have been Canadian by birth have been sponsored as a PR. Unless you were adopted and lived abroad I guess or a refugee in Forster care. Maybe your mother has been on welfare your whole life. Unfortunately you are going to run into more issues now that you are getting older. You don't have a SIN and can't work and don't qualify as a domestic student for college/university or for student loans.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This story is still weird. How are you not a PR at least? If your whole family is Canadian you either could have been Canadian by birth have been sponsored as a PR. Unless you were adopted and lived abroad I guess or a refugee in Forster care. Maybe your mother has been on welfare your whole life. Unfortunately you are going to run into more issues now that you are getting older. You don't have a SIN and can't work and don't qualify as a domestic student for college/university or for student loans.
OP's mother is in welfare, so she cannot sponsor her for PR.

Are there anything she can do to make a living without having a job?

Polianna Rose

Dec 17, 2017
I was born outside Canada. I have been in school in Canada since i was in grade 4. I was here on a visitor status and then it expired. i continued to live in Canada and was able to go to middle school then high school because its required by Ontario's laws.
I am ready to apply for Humanitarian & Compassionate grounds as a last resort to getting some Canadian status.
My issue now is work. So i asked if you guys know of a way for me to get a sin, work permit etc. please tell me.

I found out about something called LMIA and i want to know now if that would work for me being that i am still in highschool? would this work for a low wage job like restaurant server or team member? (not limited to fast food restaurant but high scale as well). I have some basic training from hospitality course and i have CPR training and Food Handler certificate. If i get an employer to do Lmia how does that process work.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No way to get SIN while you are illegal. Also if you work illegally you could be hurting your chances at H&C.

LMIA is not an option for you since you are in Canada illegally. Also unlikely to both find an employer to pay for an LMIA in the first place for a low wage job. Still makes no sense why your family hasn't sponsored you in 10 years even applied for H&C. You were also lucky that most Ontario school don't ask for immigration information. Not the case in all of Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was born outside Canada. I have been in school in Canada since i was in grade 4. I was here on a visitor status and then it expired. i continued to live in Canada and was able to go to middle school then high school because its required by Ontario's laws.
I am ready to apply for Humanitarian & Compassionate grounds as a last resort to getting some Canadian status.
My issue now is work. So i asked if you guys know of a way for me to get a sin, work permit etc. please tell me.

I found out about something called LMIA and i want to know now if that would work for me being that i am still in highschool? would this work for a low wage job like restaurant server or team member? (not limited to fast food restaurant but high scale as well). I have some basic training from hospitality course and i have CPR training and Food Handler certificate. If i get an employer to do Lmia how does that process work.
How did your mother become a PR? Were you included in her app as non-accompanying?

Reactions: canuck78