Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
A couple years ago my step daughter came to leave with us she was 13 years old what we did was get the mom to give up custody of her so that her dad to sponsor her. I think the OP mom could of sponsored her from the day she came to Canada if she had full custody of the child even if she was on welfare.I don’t understand how the mom get child benefits for her if she don’t have any documentation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
A couple years ago my step daughter came to leave with us she was 13 years old what we did was get the mom to give up custody of her so that her dad to sponsor her. I think the OP mom could of sponsored her from the day she came to Canada if she had full custody of the child even if she was on welfare.I don’t understand how the mom get child benefits for her if she don’t have any documentation.
No, the mother couldn't sponsor while on welfare. As already said, there is a lot missing from this story.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, the mother couldn't sponsor while on welfare. As already said, there is a lot missing from this story.
Asked similar questions but never got an answer. Definitely more to this story. Seems like someone else had custody. Hopefully she at least was listed as non-accompanying.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was born outside Canada. I have been in school in Canada since i was in grade 4. I was here on a visitor status and then it expired. i continued to live in Canada and was able to go to middle school then high school because its required by Ontario's laws.
I am ready to apply for Humanitarian & Compassionate grounds as a last resort to getting some Canadian status.
My issue now is work. So i asked if you guys know of a way for me to get a sin, work permit etc. please tell me.

I found out about something called LMIA and i want to know now if that would work for me being that i am still in highschool? would this work for a low wage job like restaurant server or team member? (not limited to fast food restaurant but high scale as well). I have some basic training from hospitality course and i have CPR training and Food Handler certificate. If i get an employer to do Lmia how does that process work.
An LMIA won't help you. You have been in Canada without status for too long to apply for a work permit with an approved LMIA. All that will do is bring attention to the fact you are in Canada without status and likely put you on CBSA's radar for removal.

There's no way to you to easily or quickly get a SIN or be allowed to work.

If you apply for H&C and get first stage approval, then you'll be able to apply for a work permit. However first stage approval can take 8-14 months to reach - so it would be a bit of a wait.