+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can i change my embassy address!

misty02

Apr 13, 2010
Hello pals,
I would appreciate if someone cold shade light on my confused thought.
I have applied for FSW,My visa office is Manila,In the next 3 months i will be leaving for Alberta for arranged employment which will last from 2010-2012.
My worry is, where will i change my visa office to in other to be able to get my correspondents from the embassy.
Some help!
Misty.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

misty02 said:
Hello pals,
I would appreciate if someone cold shade light on my confused thought.
I have applied for FSW,My visa office is Manila,In the next 3 months i will be leaving for Alberta for arranged employment which will last from 2010-2012.
My worry is, where will i change my visa office to in other to be able to get my correspondents from the embassy.
Some help!
Misty.
1. You can only change your mailing address, as CIC/CHC will not transfer the file as you have moved outside their processing area. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob180.asp

Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone does not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120 day deadline allotted by the CIO.

misty02

Apr 13, 2010
Thanks PMM,
So as it stands i will need to go back home should the embassy require me to appear for interview in manila?

My friend who will be traveling with me has not yet send her documents to CIO,where do you advice she chose as visa office instead of Philippines?
Thanks as usual

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

misty02 said:
Thanks PMM,
So as it stands i will need to go back home should the embassy require me to appear for interview in manila?

My friend who will be traveling with me has not yet send her documents to CIO,where do you advice she chose as visa office instead of Philippines?
Thanks as usual
1. Yes.
2. Once she is admitted to Canada for at least one year, she can choose Buffalo, BUT if she doesn't have a US visitor visa, not a good idea if an interview is required.