+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I chang another new employer?

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Hi all,

If I find a new employer and they will take over sponsor me too. Can I renew my work permit within Canada or do I need to go to Seattle renew, cause my US visa is expired. The other thing is what should I do if I want to leave my current employer? Thanks for reading!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can change your status within Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Give notice (resignation letter) if you want to leave your current employer. Check the termination or breaking the contract clause from your copy and give as much days/weeks as stipulated on your contract.

VILLAGEHUA said:
Hi all,

If I find a new employer and they will take over sponsor me too. Can I renew my work permit within Canada or do I need to go to Seattle renew, cause my US visa is expired. The other thing is what should I do if I want to leave my current employer? Thanks for reading!

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
I wonder how long does LMO and renew work permit take? Can I still working for my current employer till I got my renew work permit? Does anyone know that? Thank you!

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Yeah, you can look for an emPloyer now and apply for the LMO and when your work permit is ready that's the time you can give notice to your employer. I just don't know how long this would take now. Just look into Cic website.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
LMOs are taking longer to process nowadays; 6-12 weeks, could be longer. WP for new employer is 48 days as per CIC website. Yes you can continue working for your present employer till you receive your new WP. Remember that you should give notice, so have enough time to notify your employer before you start working for the new one.

VILLAGEHUA said:
I wonder how long does LMO and renew work permit take? Can I still working for my current employer till I got my renew work permit? Does anyone know that? Thank you!

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
I called an agency here based in edmonton 2 weeks ago, they said it will take 5 months now. from the time they posted it in job bank to issuing of work permit.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yup. Could take that long. For a live in caregiver already in Canada, no need for the advertisement. Sign a contract with the new employer, send LMO app together with all the requirements. Wait out the 6-12 weeks for the LMO to come out. WP about 48 days (could be less). The agency you called probably is giving you a conservative estimate. They're not optimists so as not to give false hopes to the caregiver applicant.

riaivy1980 said:
I called an agency here based in edmonton 2 weeks ago, they said it will take 5 months now. from the time they posted it in job bank to issuing of work permit.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Thank you so much you guys helpful information! I have one year to go but my employer can't afford to pay me full time like that long, so I have to find another employer for my self to finish my program. Wish they can let me work more 2-3 months.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What province are you in and what nationality are you?

VILLAGEHUA said:
Thank you so much you guys helpful information! I have one year to go but my employer can't afford to pay me full time like that long, so I have to find another employer for my self to finish my program. Wish they can let me work more 2-3 months.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
There are lots of employers looking for live in nannies/caregivers in BC. Use an agency if you need to. Remember you don't pay anything if you used an agency in BC.

VILLAGEHUA said:
Hi Job_Seeker,

I am in BC and from Taiwan. Thank you!

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Hi Job_Seeker again,

Another question is when should my employer apply ROE (Record of Employment) for me?

Thank you!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You employer should give you your ROE when you leave her employ (I think should be within a week after you terminate/break the contract).

VILLAGEHUA said:
Hi Job_Seeker again,

Another question is when should my employer apply ROE (Record of Employment) for me?

Thank you!