+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I bring my son with me?

newbiex

Apr 22, 2020
Hello all!
need urgent help!
My son is born outside of Canada unfortunately due to health reasons. I have added him as a dependent in my husband’s spousal sponsorship application.

I applied for his TRV but got refused saying I need to apply for limited validity canadian passport. None of us is Canadian.

this is the link they shared for more info:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/security/limited-validity-travel-document.html

I contacted a lawyer and they saying they have made a mistake thinking my son is eligible for canadian passport.

does anyone know if LVTD is an option for my son?
I need to travel back to Canada to resume work and I can’t leave my 3 months old behind

please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all!
need urgent help!
My son is born outside of Canada unfortunately due to health reasons. I have added him as a dependent in my husband’s spousal sponsorship application.

I applied for his TRV but got refused saying I need to apply for limited validity canadian passport. None of us is Canadian.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/security/limited-validity-travel-document.html

I contacted a lawyer and they saying they have made a mistake thinking my son is eligible for canadian passport.

I need to travel back to Canada to resume work and I can’t leave my 3 months old behind

please help.
Your child needs a TRV since you and your spouse are not Canadian citizens, nor is the child. The link for LVTD is for Canadian citizens who do not have a passport, and are eligible based on all three reasons in the link.

newbiex

Apr 22, 2020
Your child needs a TRV since you and your spouse are not Canadian citizens, nor is the child. The link for LVTD is for Canadian citizens who do not have a passport, and are eligible based on all three reasons in the link.
Yeah but they keep rejecting TRV so I am not sure how to go about it

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah but they keep rejecting TRV so I am not sure how to go about it
How many ties have you applied? The chances of a TRV are very low because the child has sponsorship application underway. IRCC knows child is not visiting and cannot show ties to return and both parents in Canada. You may need to wait until child has COPR to land.

newbiex

Apr 22, 2020
How many ties have you applied? The chances of a TRV are very low because the child has sponsorship application underway. IRCC knows child is not visiting and cannot show ties to return and both parents in Canada. You may need to wait until child has COPR to land.
One time and asked them to review it again because they said in refusal letter to apply for passport which didn’t make sense. Even after reviewing they didn’t change the decision.
The problem is I have sponsored him now but for that I should return back as well and I can’t really go back without my 3 months old kid. He’s dependent on me for feeding. His father is out of country for work as well so I am not sure what options I am left with.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
One time and asked them to review it again because they said in refusal letter to apply for passport which didn’t make sense. Even after reviewing they didn’t change the decision.
The problem is I have sponsored him now but for that I should return back as well and I can’t really go back without my 3 months old kid. He’s dependent on me for feeding. His father is out of country for work as well so I am not sure what options I am left with.
So is your husband in Cananda working? He needs to be in Canada for outland sponsorship of your child. You cannot be sponsoring him if you are not in Canada. You need to reapply for TRV.

newbiex

Apr 22, 2020
So is your husband in Cananda working? He needs to be in Canada for outland sponsorship of your child. You cannot be sponsoring him if you are not in Canada. You need to reapply for TRV.
Nope, no one is in Canada actually, my husband got CoPR and we added a dependent by that time so it's not valid anymore.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nope, no one is in Canada actually, my husband got CoPR and we added a dependent by that time so it's not valid anymore.
So one of you must be in Canada to sponsor your child. So are you PRs? When did you become PRs? If child is only 3 months old, how can you add child if not in Canada. You must meet RO to do so too. Did you apply for citizenship too? Because that may be why IRCC thinks child is citizen.

Sarzii

Nov 2, 2023
Hello all!
need urgent help!

please help.
Hi, how did you resolve the issue? Were you able to travel back to Canada with your child?

newbiex

Apr 22, 2020
Hi, how did you resolve the issue? Were you able to travel back to Canada with your child?
Hello! I applied for his TRV twice but it was rejected saying one of the parent is canadian citizen so need to apply for his passport which isn’t the case. None of us is. I sponsored him then, hired a lawyer and they took up the case, explained the situation that I was unable to travel due to high risk pregnancy and hence stuck outside. So it’s approved and we’re travelling in Dec together now.

Reactions: Sarzii

Sarzii

Nov 2, 2023
Hello! I applied for his TRV twice but it was rejected saying one of the parent is canadian citizen so need to apply for his passport which isn’t the case. None of us is. I sponsored him then, hired a lawyer and they took up the case, explained the situation that I was unable to travel due to high risk pregnancy and hence stuck outside. So it’s approved and we’re travelling in Dec together now.
Great! Congrats! What did you mention about why do you need to go back ? What supporting documents you showed ? I’m also in your situation, I need to go back ASAP for my own health checkups (I also had a high risk pregnancy) school, jobs.

newbiex

Apr 22, 2020
i have a job in Canada and was on leave, so resuming that. Added that, plus add doctor’s notes, a valid address in Canada.

Reactions: Sarzii

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to withdraw your spouse and child’s sponsorship application and apply again. You had to remain in Canada in order to qualify to sponsor them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Great! Congrats! What did you mention about why do you need to go back ? What supporting documents you showed ? I’m also in your situation, I need to go back ASAP for my own health checkups (I also had a high risk pregnancy) school, jobs.
Depending on how long you have been outside Canada you may need to reapply for provincial healthcare even if you have a valid health card. You must have met the residency requirement to qualify for healthcare in that province and have a valid health card to qualify for healthcare or else you can be asked to pay back any care you received. This is to prevent people from coming back to Canada to seek medical care.

Sarzii

Nov 2, 2023
Depending on how long you have been outside Canada you may need to reapply for provincial healthcare even if you have a valid health card. You must have met the residency requirement to qualify for healthcare in that province and have a valid health card to qualify for healthcare or else you can be asked to pay back any care you received. This is to prevent people from coming back to Canada to seek medical care.
So, I’m a Canadian citizen. I came outside Canada 2021 November to take care of some family responsibilities. Got married in 2022 here and soon after marriage I conceived so I couldn’t travel back to Canada and got stuck here. Now I want to go back to Canada ASAP to finish my studies, work, healthcare and also to reunite with my family .
If my infant’s citizenship certificate takes several months, I want to apply for temporary passport or limited time validity passport. What supportive documents should I show them in order to show the urgency of going back ?