+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I apply my PGWP when my study permit was expired..

i1wc1

Sep 16, 2015
I have a question for you about my application of PGWP. I have put myself in a very embarrassing situation.

I finished my last course on 2nd Aug(so I have to apply before 2nd Oct), and I have my graduation comfirmation letter already.

HOWEVER, my work permit already expired on 1th Sep, but I did't apply for my PGWP yet. So I am very not sure what should I do now...

Can I apply for the restoration and PGWP same time? I saw a option to restore my statues and also apply for a work permit on the form IMM5709E. But the CIC website said I need a valid work permit when I apply PGWP. So I am not sure if I can do this.

Could you give me some suggestion about that?

Thank you in advance!

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Hi Guys,

I'm in the same situation!

I completed the requirements for my degree today (September 18th) my study permit expired on (Aug12th). Can I apply for PGWP? Does anyone have experience with that! Please help!!!

ethoeng

Dec 2, 2015
Hi all,
just got the same situation here.
I was applying for PGWP, but somehow didn't realize that my credit card payment is declined.
So I was thinking for a long time that I have submitted it.

Have you guys found out a way of applying for PGWP with expired student visa ?

Please kindly reply since it is urgent for me...
thanks

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicants must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from the educational institution indicating that they have met the requirements for completing their program of study. Calculation of the 90 days begins the day when the student’s final marks are issued or when formal written notification of program completion is received.”2

"Your study permit must continue to be valid when you submit your application for a work permit."3 If your Study Permit expires before the end of this period, you can apply for an extension. You must apply for the extension of your Study Permit before it expires.

if you have a valid study permit and it has not been 90 days after you received your final mark then you can apply for PGWP.
BUT
If your study permit is expired and already passed 90 days, not sure you can apply for bridge study permit.
if so, you need to talk to international centre in your school.