+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I apply for work permit with LMIA letter while my Express entry PR application is in process

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Currently, my PR application (FSW Outland) is at post AOR, Biometric done stage and estimated completion time is March 2020.

Now, I am in process of getting a job offer and LMIA letter from one employer from Canada who wants me to join in December 2019 only.

My question is how should I proceed with this situation?
Employer wants me to apply for work permit and says there will be no impact on my PR application.
Is it correct ?
Also, I have paid complete fee of my PR application including RPRF.
Do I have to pay the RPRF again for work permit?

Please suggest

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Currently, my PR application (FSW Outland) is at post AOR, Biometric done stage and estimated completion time is March 2020.

Now, I am in process of getting a job offer and LMIA letter from one employer from Canada who wants me to join in December 2019 only.

My question is how should I proceed with this situation?
Employer wants me to apply for work permit and says there will be no impact on my PR application.
Is it correct ?
Also, I have paid complete fee of my PR application including RPRF.
Do I have to pay the RPRF again for work permit?

Please suggest
You will need to apply through online route : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply.html

It should have no impact upon your existing PR application. However, you will need to explain that you received this offer and LMIA after your AOR.

You don't need to pay any RPRF for work permit.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
You will need to apply through online route : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply.html

It should have no impact upon your existing PR application. However, you will need to explain that you received this offer and LMIA after your AOR.

You don't need to pay any RPRF for work permit.
How should I contact IRCC for updating about my Job offer ?
I didn’t find any option in PR application to update any information.
Do I have to call them over phone or is there any other preferred way of doing it?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
How should I contact IRCC for updating about my Job offer ?
I didn’t find any option in PR application to update any information.
Do I have to call them over phone or is there any other preferred way of doing it?
You work permit application is irrelevant to your PR application. There's nothing to update

wohaa!

Mar 5, 2020
Hi,

I am also in the same boat, where my PR application is in progress and my employer is filing for LMIA based work permit.

Did your move to Canada expedite your PR application?
Would really appreciate your response, thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am also in the same boat, where my PR application is in progress and my employer is filing for LMIA based work permit.

Did your move to Canada expedite your PR application?
Would really appreciate your response, thanks!
You are asking people prior to Covid so processing is much different. LMIA can take months to process and then approved, you apply for closed work permit. Again many months.