+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I add a new born in my application after getting Visa for Immigration?

TanTaniTaj

Oct 22, 2018
Dear Concern,

I and my spouse (as dependent) applied for PR in Express Entry Online.
We received our ITA, Submitted the Application, received COPR and also received the passport after getting Visa through Singapore Visa Office.

During this time we had a new born on September 30, 2018 (after receiving Passport & Visa).

On October 11-12 we raised a CSE to Singapore Visa Office using the Webform informing them about the new born and wanting to include the baby in our PR application and requesting for guidance and instruction.
However, since we didn't get the medical birth certificate or the national birth certificate we did not upload any documents.

It has been 10 days since then and I am anxious whether what I did was the right process. What more should I do? How should I process further? (Please note that after raising enquiry it was stated in the confirmation that a reply will be sent within 28 days.)

By this time I have collected the national birth certificate and applying for the passport.

Requesting for Advice, Guidance & Suggestion

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Dear Concern,

We received our ITA, Submitted the Application, received COPR and also received the passport after getting Visa through Singapore Visa Office.

During this time we had a new born on September 30, 2018 (after receiving Passport & Visa).

On October 11-12 we raised a CSE to Singapore Visa Office using the Webform informing them about the new born and wanting to include the baby in our PR application and requesting for guidance and instruction.
However, since we didn't get the medical birth certificate or the national birth certificate we did not upload any documents.

It has been 10 days since then and I am anxious whether what I did was the right process. What more should I do? How should I process further? (Please note that after raising enquiry it was stated in the confirmation that a reply will be sent within 28 days.)

By this time I have collected the national birth certificate and applying for the passport.

yes you did the right thing by raising a cse. now you just have to wait for their response for additional documents.

Reactions: TanTaniTaj

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Dear Concern,

Once you get the passport (if it doesn't take time) raise a case-specific inquiry via cic webform and attached both the passport and the birth certificate. And a new generic application form.

If they need any additional documents they will contact you.

Congrats on your new born!

TanTaniTaj

Oct 22, 2018
Thank You vorador.
I have a query in this regard. While raising a CSE in the Webform, there is a note saying "Please do not submit this form more than once"
Do they mean in every 28 days I can raise one CSE? Should I raise a CSE within that 28 days or after?

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Thank You vorador.
I have a query in this regard. While raising a CSE in the Webform, there is a note saying "Please do not submit this form more than once"
Do they mean in every 28 days I can raise one CSE? Should I raise a CSE within that 28 days or after?
No, they mean don’t raise the same query more than once. This is because some applicant sends them the same question or update more than once thinking that this will speed up the process.

I once raised 3 CSEs in one month.

TanTaniTaj

Oct 22, 2018
Hello Again,

As far as I know I have to fill up two form for inclusion of a newborn
IMM0008 and Imm5406e.

I am confused which IMM0008 form should I fill up and submit.

is it IMM0008-Generic Application form for Canada - October 2018

or IMM0008 DEP - Additional Dependents/ Declaration form - October 2018.

Please advice.

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
Hello @TanTani.

Could you please confirm your current status. Did you received the separate COPR for baby? How long it took to get confirmation for baby. I am also in same situation.

TanTaniTaj

Oct 22, 2018
Hello @TanTani.

Could you please confirm your current status. Did you received the separate COPR for baby? How long it took to get confirmation for baby. I am also in same situation.
I am in my 3rd year in Canada, it took me less than 2 months get the copr for the baby