+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How are Backlogs Counted For Student Visa in Canada..???

Raaj21

May 20, 2018
I had 24 backlogs. I got in Dalhouise University. It makes a little difference.

You should try Lakehead University. You will have higher changes of getting it.
Hey bro,
I am in need of your reply. Trust me badly need your precious two minutes of your time . this is my India whatsapp Number 7 2 00 33 8 441 ping me for just 2mins bro.

Jenit737

Feb 1, 2014
Greetings,

I completed my BE in Information Technology in 2018.
I'm applying for fall 2019 in some Universities.
I had 7 backlogs (Maths 1 and Maths 3)
CGPA: 7.83
IELTS: 7.5 (L:8.5, R:7.5, W:6.5, S:6.5)
I have a good SOP.

Which Universities should I apply for MSc. in Computer Science and my chances for admission are high?

saksham07

Apr 12, 2019
I had 10 backlogs in BE Electronics and Communication Engineering. And its completed with 6.2 cgpa. I want to take admission in spp college( for 1-2 year certificate course). Am i eligible for spp. I have 63 overall score in PTE. My consultant told me there is new rules come up from feb 2 2018.
Rule: there is 6 backlogs are accepted by spp colleges

Is it right? Please give me advice.
Hello, I have seen people getting visas under spp even with 10 backlogs.

saksham07

Apr 12, 2019
Hello, my queries to people stating that they got canada study permit even with backlogs are:
1) Did you mention about your backlogs in your SOP? Did you explain reasons?
2) Did you provide backlog mark sheets along other documents to VFS?
3) Did you provide transcripts or all semester mark sheets? And did your transcripts contain backlogs?
If you could explain all these questions, it will be of much help. Thanks.

Sahil313

May 2, 2019
Thanks a lot for replying...
But i wish to go to canada more than US or NZ... :)
Any Other Suggestions Plz??
13 are still fine bro you can easily get in. I have 24 backlogs and still, I have hope. I am working on SOP and LOR'S. I have decided that i will never give up on my Great Canadian Dream. Wish you luck buddy.

Sahil313

May 2, 2019
Can anyone help me out with a few doubts I have:
1) Should I mention my 24 backlogs (16 backs + 8 reattempts) in SOP. ( I am getting a mixed answer for this hence need clarification)
2) Am I eligible for the master's program that too from university? ( Consultants are telling me to go for PG Diploma, which I am not interested in)
I will be thankful if anyone helps me out with his/her case similar to mine.

Sahil313

May 2, 2019
Hello, my queries to people stating that they got canada study permit even with backlogs are:
1) Did you mention your backlogs in your SOP? Did you explain the ons?
2) Did you provide backlog mark sheets along with documents to VFS?
3) Did you provide transcripts or all semester mark sheets? And did your transcripts contain backlogs?
If you could explain all these questions, it will be of much help. Thanks.
I Can help you with your 2 questions.
2)My consultant told me there is no need to submit Marksheets to VFS while applying for a visa. She told we will directly apply your file without mark sheets because I have 24 backlogs
3) Transcripts have all the final grades you secured irrespective of any backlogs, Backlogs are only mentioned in Marksheets.
Plus i have not explained about my backs in SOP, I still need clarification on that

graduate12

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Can anyone help me out with a few doubts I have:
1) Should I mention my 24 backlogs (16 backs + 8 reattempts) in SOP. ( I am getting a mixed answer for this hence need clarification)
2) Am I eligible for the master's program that too from university? ( Consultants are telling me to go for PG Diploma, which I am not interested in)
I will be thankful if anyone helps me out with his/her case similar to mine.
If you got admission in college or university, then it is of least importance for a visa officer to reject your case for backlogs. Try to submit your application in SDS category. Here is what I submitted for my case for my academics.

Marksheets for 10th, 12th, Graduation.
Transcript for only graduation.
IELTS score of overall 7 not less than 6.5 in any module.

Reactions: Sahil313

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you got admission in college or university, then it is of least importance for a visa officer to reject your case for backlogs. Try to submit your application in SDS category. Here is what I submitted for my case for my academics.

Marksheets for 10th, 12th, Graduation.
Transcript for only graduation.
IELTS score of overall 7 not less than 6.5 in any module.
Visas have and will continue to be refused because of missing marksheets. The admission to a Canadian university is important in a visa decision, but it is not determinative. Read a number of the threads here where people are rejected, and notice how one of the reasons for rejection is "missing marksheets."

Missing marksheets make it look like you're hiding your backlogs. Visa officers are interested in your academic performance because it helps them understand if your current proposed studies are reasonable given your past performance.

graduate12

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Visas have and will continue to be refused because of missing marksheets. The admission to a Canadian university is important in a visa decision, but it is not determinative. Read a number of the threads here where people are rejected, and notice how one of the reasons for rejection is "missing marksheets."

Missing marksheets make it look like you're hiding your backlogs. Visa officers are interested in your academic performance because it helps them understand if your current proposed studies are reasonable given your past performance.
Yes, marksheets must be submitted. In my case, I got a separate backlog certificate from my college which I did not submit with my application.
Apart from that, if one has some work experience and course is related to that experience, chances for success are bright.

Sahil313

May 2, 2019

Missing mark sheets make it look like you're hiding your backlogs. Visa officers are interested in your academic performance because it helps them understand if your current proposed studies are reasonable given your past performance.
Thank you so much for your reply. It was really helpful. But I have one fair doubts since my backlogs are so many I guess my visa will be rejected due to that how to deal with that now. Since I am working now will be completing my one year of experience in a couple of months. Will that bolster my case along with Good IELTS band like 8?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Backlogs are something you have to deal with in one way or another. Work experience, if it is related to your proposed area of study, may help. Strong language skills will also help.

Sahil313

May 2, 2019
I had 24 backlogs. I got in Dalhouise University. It makes a little difference.

You should try Lakehead University. You will have higher changes of getting it.
hello bro, Even I have 24 backlogs I am doing rigorous research kindly help me I am also looking for DAL, But all consultants are saying no.
Kindly help me out i hope you understand the pressure and mental trauma i am going through, I am looking for Jan 2020 intake