+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How about your point for EE.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
ei8hteen said:
Hi all,

I've been working in one of Canada's leading bank for over a year now. I came here as a student from India, completed 2 years (24 months) studies and got a full time, permanent job in Toronto. NOC B. My total points come up to 1039 if I calculate 600 points for the Job offer and 439 if not.
Question is, Should I calculate 600 points?

Please advise,
Thansks,
If you have LMIA, you can add Job Offer. If you don't...

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
idefix said:
If you have LMIA, you can add Job Offer. If you don't...
Thanks idefix,
I don't have LMIA, and I am sure the bank won't have it either. Isn't full time, permanent + currently working + 1 year of work experience enough to get a spot? I was in an impression that the LMIA thing was for somebody who is looking for a Job. I already have one.

Thanks again

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
ei8hteen said:
Thanks idefix,
I don't have LMIA, and I am sure the bank won't have it either. Isn't full time, permanent + currently working + 1 year of work experience enough to get a spot? I was in an impression that the LMIA thing was for somebody who is looking for a Job. I already have one.

Thanks again
Welcome to the club man. Already working full time permanent in Canada, but no LMIA, so no 600 points.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
cecandconfused said:
Welcome to the club man. Already working full time permanent in Canada, but no LMIA, so no 600 points.
You are cranky :p! Your first +1 to cheer you up!

But you do get a lot of points for Canadian Experience...up to 80 points, plus it's easier to get CRS.

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
idefix said:
You are cranky :p! Your first +1 to cheer you up!

But you do get a lot of points for Canadian Experience...up to 80 points, plus it's easier to get CRS.
Hahaha that made my day Idefix! Thanks buddy. Yea, Canadian experience definitely helps with the CRS. I'm coming up pretty short in Skills Transferability though. Vast majority of people seem to assume full 100 on that spreadsheet. I guess we'll find out.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
cecandconfused said:
Hahaha that made my day Idefix! Thanks buddy. Yea, Canadian experience definitely helps with the CRS. I'm coming up pretty short in Skills Transferability though. Vast majority of people seem to assume full 100 on that spreadsheet. I guess we'll find out.
With a good IELTS (CLB 9+) it is not that hard to get 100 points on CRS... I got it and I'm quite sure it's correct.

How many points have you got total? Please add your profile to the SS (link in my signature).

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
idefix said:
With a good IELTS (CLB 9+) it is not that hard to get 100 points on CRS... I got it and I'm quite sure it's correct.

How many points have you got total? Please add your profile to the SS (link in my signature).
I have CLB 12 (or 10+ as CIC views it), but only 1 year of Canadian Work Experience with Bachelors (from Canada) and no foreign work experience. So that makes my "Skills Transferability" at only 38 (25+13). Total 444, which is ok, but not great. I'll put my stuff in that spreadsheet soon.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
cecandconfused said:
I have CLB 12 (or 10+ as CIC views it), but only 1 year of Canadian Work Experience with Bachelors (from Canada) and no foreign work experience. So that makes my "Skills Transferability" at only 38 (25+13). Total 444, which is ok, but not great. I'll put my stuff in that spreadsheet soon.
That's correct - 38 points for CRS.

But your score will increase over time as your Canadian Experience will grow.

So don't worry - even if you are not in the first draw, you will be called soon :)

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
402 points
And still waiting for my AINP nomination certificate