+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How about Ph.D in computer science in Canada universities?? Lifestyle?? job opportunities after studies??

NaveenDonthu

Oct 3, 2020
Hey people,

I am experienced software professional with Masters degree in Computers. Like to pursue my Ph.D and further career in Canada.

Please explain lifestyle of Ph.D's
Earnings of Ph.D's
Post study opportunities
opportunities while studying Ph.D
IELTS requirements for Ph.D's
Safety for family and my single girl child???

Most iportant point is I am orthopedically challenged person and how Canada treats a Person with disabilities and how about their day to day living in Canada.

Please get the most helpful information from your disabed friends, family members, neighbours and others

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You apply to PhD programs, and if accepted figure out what your funding package is like. You would generally spend your time doing research and teaching or working a lab as part of your package. So you shouldn't pay tuition, but it's not an extravagant lifestyle. After graduation, competition for academic jobs is heavy. Industry might be more favourable but it still depends on your ability to network and make yourself a desirable candidate.

You should ideally have IELTS band 8 or 9. Canada is a perfectly safe country with extensive protections for persons with disabilities. As long as you don't have any extremely expensive medical conditions, you shouldn't have any problems in that respect.

Reactions: NaveenDonthu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thankbyou
Would agree that a PhD lifestyle isn’t extravagant but better than an arts PhD. You will usually do so e teaching or be a TA will bring in some extra money. Depending on your disability the cost of your medical care could factor into both student permit approval and PR approval. Depending on the province international students get medical care through a provincial plan or through an international student health plan. If you have medical needs or equipment needs you’d have to look at the coverage provided by especially the student plan. For PR you need to be u dear a certain threshold to be determined medically admissible. Not all healthcare is covered in Canada. Partial coverage is the best description and coverage varies by province.