+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how about pending security clearance?

Oct 22, 2017
Dear friends,
Here we are, a group of people who support a family of sudanes refugees to come to Canada. The sponsorship group is in Winnipeg, praying the family could be settle as fast as possible. They are living right now in Egypt, and the situation in Cairo for african refugees is really hard.
And here our question: how much time would it take the security clearance?
The family has gone through the Embassy interview ten month ago. It was succefully. Then, they did all the physical exams, and everything was okey. Only the dad had a problem who was immediately treated by IOM Egypt. The family is waiting. We are waiting. I had sent a question to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo, the answer is always the same (in fact, we have sent two emails): pending security clearance....
Have anyone here knows how much time can take? I know it is not possible to have this information in an accurate way, but approximaly...
we need to tell the family....they are waiting....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nobody will be able to tell you. On top of that Canada only accepts a certain number of private sponsorships per year so that will also have an impact on their application.

hasib116

Oct 21, 2017
Dear friends,
Here we are, a group of people who support a family of sudanes refugees to come to Canada. The sponsorship group is in Winnipeg, praying the family could be settle as fast as possible. They are living right now in Egypt, and the situation in Cairo for african refugees is really hard.
And here our question: how much time would it take the security clearance?
The family has gone through the Embassy interview ten month ago. It was succefully. Then, they did all the physical exams, and everything was okey. Only the dad had a problem who was immediately treated by IOM Egypt. The family is waiting. We are waiting. I had sent a question to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo, the answer is always the same (in fact, we have sent two emails): pending security clearance....
Have anyone here knows how much time can take? I know it is not possible to have this information in an accurate way, but approximaly...
we need to tell the family....they are waiting....
We are on the same boat my friend... we have sponsored my cousins from india and they have done interview+ medical exams..... but the security screening/ background checks are not done.... its been more than 8 months..... I really don't know whyyyyy

Oct 22, 2017
Thank you very much for your answers. When they were through the interview and medical exams people from Canada, from the sponsorship group told them that it would me something like four of five months. This is what they expected. I know that the timing process is long but once you go through the interview and the medicals things should have to be faster....that is what i understood.

Oct 22, 2017
I know it, but they were through the previous steps with success. So once they go through interview and medicals the follow step is to leave. So? Can also that step take years??????

hasib116

Oct 21, 2017
my brothers sponsored my other cousins, they had their interview almost at the same time with my other cousins... but 1 family is in pakistan and the other is in India..... interview and medical exams 5 days difference from each other.... but the family in pakistan got their approval and now they are waiting for the visa.... but the family in India is still under security screening... we dont know when they are going to be done..... plz let me know you get any updates from cic when you call them...thanks

Oct 22, 2017
Of course I will do. I promised the family to send the require question once a month, so they can feel we worry for them. Hope Canada will take note that our dears are in risk....