+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Housing - Sponsorship

Reddude19

Feb 13, 2016
So , just a question , I checked with immigration and they confirmed that subisidized housing isn't a form of social assistance , but I want to check with you , when we got separated she informed the social worker that I am sponsoring her , and that I will be liable for any assistance so they should not give her any money , but they gave her a subsidized house for 1 year , all paid , but she did inform them that I am sponsoring here , and that I would be liable , and they informed her its not social assistance , can someone who has been in that situation confirm ?

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Well if you checked with immigration and they already confirmed you that it isn't social assistance, i think you already have your answer. Immigration is more trustworthy than random people on a forum.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So , just a question , I checked with immigration and they confirmed that subisidized housing isn't a form of social assistance , but I want to check with you , when we got separated she informed the social worker that I am sponsoring her , and that I will be liable for any assistance so they should not give her any money , but they gave her a subsidized house for 1 year , all paid , but she did inform them that I am sponsoring here , and that I would be liable , and they informed her its not social assistance , can someone who has been in that situation confirm ?
IRCC has nothing to do with determining whether is it welfare or not. You need to contact the provincial welfare authority.