+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Housing recommendations in and around Surrey,BC

njoseph

Aug 28, 2019
Hello All,

I will be moving to BC in Sept and am looking for an apartment in a good locality close to the Surrey area. I have heard and read that Surrey is not very safe to live in. I did find a few apartments in Burnaby, Coquitlam and New Westminister but wanted to know more about these areas in terms of safety and commute. Please do suggest if there are any other areas I should be looking into as well since I really do want to get the apartment before I move and not have to quarantine in a hotel.
I am open to any apartment recommendations as well.

Thanks in advance!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
There are some parts of Surrey that are known for being on the rougher side (Newton in particular) but crime in Canada is generally low. Burnaby, New Westminster, and Coquitlam all have Skytrain stations for commuting.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello All,

I will be moving to BC in Sept and am looking for an apartment in a good locality close to the Surrey area. I have heard and read that Surrey is not very safe to live in. I did find a few apartments in Burnaby, Coquitlam and New Westminister but wanted to know more about these areas in terms of safety and commute. Please do suggest if there are any other areas I should be looking into as well since I really do want to get the apartment before I move and not have to quarantine in a hotel.
I am open to any apartment recommendations as well.

Thanks in advance!
I have been living in Surrey for fifteen years without any problem. Depending upon your workplace, you can decide any of the cities. Each location has its own merits and demerits. PM me if you wanted to know more about Surrey.

Last edited: