+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hours counted for EE

AshR2624

Mar 23, 2020
Hi All!

I have a doubt can someone please clarify:

My husband received an ITA, but there is a confusion - his last day of college was on april 25, but due to issues at college they only recieved the completion letter in May and he applied for his work permit on july 6. But he was working full time from May till july as someone told him he could, we got the ITA but are confused as a lawyer said work experience will only be calculated from July6.

thanks in advance :) appreciate all the information and help.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I guess it depends. Does he need a work permit to legally work? I'm assuming this is all happening in Canada. Was this last year? Does he have 1-year of continuous work experience? Does he need those 2 months?

In my case, I finished college on the summer 2018 semester, but my diploma was awarded on December 2018. I had, however, been working since I got out of college (July 2018). I mentioned this in LOE and my work experience letter makes a reference to this as well.

Reactions: AshR2624

AshR2624

Mar 23, 2020
I guess it depends. Does he need a work permit to legally work? I'm assuming this is all happening in Canada. Was this last year? Does he have 1-year of continuous work experience? Does he need those 2 months?

In my case, I finished college on the summer 2018 semester, but my diploma was awarded on December 2018. I had, however, been working since I got out of college (July 2018). I mentioned this in LOE and my work experience letter makes a reference to this as well.
Hi,
thank you for replying, yes we are in Canada and his study permit was valid for another 4 months and he has now 3 years of experience and it was due to it being 3 years we got the ITA so that’s why I wasn’t sure if it would impact the approval of our permanent residency.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All!

I have a doubt can someone please clarify:

My husband received an ITA, but there is a confusion - his last day of college was on april 25, but due to issues at college they only recieved the completion letter in May and he applied for his work permit on july 6. But he was working full time from May till july as someone told him he could, we got the ITA but are confused as a lawyer said work experience will only be calculated from July6.

thanks in advance :) appreciate all the information and help.
Next time he should check with IRCC, not "someone". The lawyer is correct that work will only be counted from July 6; the work done between the completion date in May and July 6th was illegal. He needs to fully declare the illegal work in his app.