+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hostel lease which visa ?

gorogattila

Mar 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are a young Dutch couple living in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We are planning to lease a hostel in British Columbia, which would be for us like a dream come true. We have already agreed on certain aspects of the contract with the owner but we still need to know if and how we will receive a work permit.

We were wondering which type of working visa is the most suiteable for this purpose? Which program do we fall into? Do we belong to the class 'Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed persons' (Business Immigration Program) or is there another category more suitable for our purpose (i.e. leasing a hostel)?

There is one problem with the Business class in our case: as an investor or entrepreneur you have to make an investment of 800.000 or 300.000 dollars which we don't have. And the self-employed category doesn't contain hostel owner as a profession (also it takes more than 2 years to get a visa).

Are there any other possibilities? Any ideas? And how long will it last? Ideally we would like to leave for Canada end of this year.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours,

Attila

mrs B

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
hello, my husband and I are living in Calgary, we are also from the Netherlands, what are your reasons for wanting to move to Canada???? we have been here 6 years and are still in the process of getting my husbands pr....do you both speak dutch?? if you'd like you can mail us we both speak dutch..... groetjes