+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

horrible system express entry

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
cyt0plas said:
The system isn't horrible - it works surprisingly well, given it's design.

Canada doesn't want open borders, or for everyone who wants to come to come. Express Entry is a way to help sort out qualified applicants from non-qualified, and it works reasonably well to do so.

Once the system accept you in a pool we all are deserving candidates. They already sorted you out with their requirements of NOC, IELTS, WES and Experience. So everyone in the pool is equally qualified which is certified by the Express Entry itself. So dont say the system sort out qualified from non qualified. They may give priority to the best one from the lot but calling others as non qualified is not fair.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Once the system accept you in a pool we all are deserving candidates. They already sorted you out with their requirements of NOC, IELTS, WES and Experience. So everyone in the pool is equally qualified which is certified by the Express Entry itself. So dont say the system sort out qualified from non qualified. They may give priority to the best one from the lot but calling others as non qualified is not fair.
They're not equally qualified though, hence why people have different scores.
Being accepted into the pool means you at least meet the basic criteria of any stream. The system then works to choose those most eligible ie highest scoring. It's not a perfect system but it does what Canada wants it to.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
purplesnow said:
They're not equally qualified though, hence why people have different scores.
Being accepted into the pool means you at least meet the basic criteria of any stream. The system then works to choose those most eligible ie highest scoring. It's not a perfect system but it does what Canada wants it to.
It was just because he said non qualified ( all who are accepted in pool are qualified), instead use words like more competitive or more preferable. e.g last draw they preferred applicants over 543, may be they prefer the applicants over 350 one day. Or else Canada is the boss.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
bestofluck said:
It was just because he said non qualified ( all who are accepted in pool are qualified), instead use words like more competitive or more preferable. e.g last draw they preferred applicants over 543, may be they prefer the applicants over 350 one day. Or else Canada is the boss.
He said NON qualified, not unqualified. Clear difference. One may be fully qualified in their field, but may not qualify for migration to Canada because of various factors.

defintelyguru

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
One thing I've noticed... People seems to think immigrating to Canada is easy, they just have to apply and door will open up for them.
Well guess what, that's not how it works ! Doors are closed, and if you want to get in, you're gonna have to prove yourself, or find the tiny hole in which you can get through.

I am over qualified, speaking both French and English, and working in a field that is only growing. On paper, I should have been on the top list of Canada's candidates. Instead, I've been struggling to get work permits, not able to find a company willing to go through the LMIA, or having them to fail it big time.

But with time, and the will to never give up, I managed to get everything I needed to be qualified through the CEC stream and get enough points to be sure to get selected (IELTS, TEF, Canadian + Foreign work, Bachelor Degree). It took me 2 years to achieve it, and a lot of bad days, deceptions, unfairness, back stabbing, etc. Today, my application is in process, and I'm a just a few weeks from getting PR.

So if you want it, do what you need to get the points. And don't count on any rounds below a 470 score.
Stop blaming the system, it will get you nowhere...

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
defintelyguru said:
One thing I've noticed... People seems to think immigrating to Canada is easy, they just have to apply and door will open up for them.
Well guess what, that's not how it works ! Doors are closed, and if you want to get in, you're gonna have to prove yourself, or find the tiny hole in which you can get through.

I am over qualified, speaking both French and English, and working in a field that is only growing. On paper, I should have been on the top list of Canada's candidates. Instead, I've been struggling to get work permits, not able to find a company willing to go through the LMIA, or having them to fail it big time.

But with time, and the will to never give up, I managed to get everything I needed to be qualified through the CEC stream and get enough points to be sure to get selected (IELTS, TEF, Canadian + Foreign work, Bachelor Degree). It took me 2 years to achieve it, and a lot of bad days, deceptions, unfairness, back stabbing, etc. Today, my application is in process, and I'm a just a few weeks from getting PR.

So if you want it, do what you need to get the points. And don't count on any rounds below a 470 score.

Hi +1 for you. It makes no sense to me that people thing they are entitled to getting PR status in Canada.

The other day I had someone tell me, that the Canadian government should be giving foreign students who come here and pay University fees in the thousands processing priority over other Applicants.

I informed her that the foreign students were coming here of their own free will (due to the students own appreciation for the quality of higher education in Canada as compared to their own countries). I really don't understand the thinking of this 'entitlement culture'.

Just like you I cam here of my own free will on a 'Working Visa'. It has not been easy for me but I applied for jobs on my own and was diligent enough to change my resume and the way I answered questions in an effort to demonstrate to employers I had the skill set and the education credentials to add value to their organization.

I feel that the 'Entitlement culture' way of thinking by some of these people like the person I spoke to is what is leading their applications to fail. They have to understand that its a sense of having to work hard and not just getting handed something because they feel they are entitled.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
defintelyguru said:

I know about bad days, deceptions, unfairness, back stabbing too well! had to jump through hoops myself...

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration status is a privilege, not a right.

Just had to put that out there because it's incredibly annoying to continue reading posts from people who act as if they're owed everything. Not to mention bad mouthing refugees who have lost everything. What happened to being our brother's keepers? Why is it OK for some to seek a better life in Canada but refugees are somehow looked at with disdain?

I'm not playing Monday-morning quaterbacking just because I have my PPR. I looked at Canada after putting in 16 years in a country (grad school, taxes, steady job, family roots etc.,) where my permanent status was stuck in limbo. Frustrating? You bet. Do I hold a grudge against the place/the system? Not at all.

Hope folks remember that it's their country, their rules. Either agree to play by them or seek opportunities elsewhere.

Rant off\