+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hope for best!

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hello All,

I do understand this application might be important for us because we want to be "Canadian" and we love this country very much. correct?

But we are already in this country and things are going pretty smooth and I am sure this application is not affecting someone's life on personal level or work level (except people under urgent processing)

But when I look at the people who are waiting for their PR application result, work permit application, work permit extension and most of them are running out of time and their application is having a big impact on their life because
They might lose their job
They don't wanna buy a new car because they don't know if they are going to stay in this country or no
They are thinking about the circumstances what if they haven't got their work permit approved or extend, they think of the embarrassment while going back to their home country after spending couple of year in Canada

Guys, we are so lucky as compared to those people! let's have some patience! I do understand this application is very important for us but if I won't get AOR, or decision made according to my expectation or current timeline, that's ok.

I wish good luck to everyone who is waiting for their citizenship application.

Note: The purpose of this post was to encourage everyone who is waiting for their application

Thank you,

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Hello All,

I do understand this application might be important for us because we want to be "Canadian" and we love this country very much. correct?

But we are already in this country and things are going pretty smooth and I am sure this application is not affecting someone's life on personal level or work level (except people under urgent processing)

But when I look at the people who are waiting for their PR application result, work permit application, work permit extension and most of them are running out of time and their application is having a big impact on their life because
They don't wanna buy a new car because they don't know if they are going to stay in this country or no
They are thinking about the circumstances what if they haven't got their work permit approved or extend, they think of the embarrassment while going back to their home country after spending couple of year in Canada

Guys, we are so lucky as compared to those people! let's have some patience! I do understand this application is very important for us but if I won't get AOR, or decision made according to my expectation or current timeline, that's ok.

Note: The purpose of this post was to encourage everyone who is waiting for their application

Thank you,
Ur right man! So many would give anything and everything to be in our shoes.
Few months from now we will all be true Canadians.. go on with our individual life as if this never existed ❤

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
you are right..some ppl here behave as if there pants are on fire and Canadian govt is discriminating against them by not serving them their citizenship on a platter...there are petitions started because one office is slower than others. if you have multiple offices, then of course there will be some slow ones and some fast ones.

reality is in most cases, the actual timelines are far better than their guideline of 12 months.

Feveraldo

Oct 18, 2017
Hello All,

Thank you,

Hanzo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
you are right..some ppl here behave as if there pants are on fire and Canadian govt is discriminating against them by not serving them their citizenship on a platter.
People deal with mental stress differently. It's like waiting for your exam results and you aren't sure if you passed or failed. Some people will wait patiently while others will be anxious and restless.

Reactions: backendcode

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Honestly, I feel the best way to deal with the anxiety regarding the citizenship application, if really severe, is to leave this forum altogether or at least limit the effect it has on the applicant.

Worrying about getting a RQ when the application is kinda straightforward, few holidays, no job history issues, clear pattern showing life well established in Canada, is definitely over the top. People are not even supposed to know what a RQ is.
Same goes for counting the days between AOR and IP, comparisons between IRCC offices or within the same office between people. General rule, and 200k new citizens every year are here to back it, is that everything is going to be fine for mostly everyone.

The citizenship process is an exam where the vast majority pass, and pretty much easily, and I feel this obvious reality, burried under the hurdles exposed in the forum (and it's normal, noone talks about trains arriving on time!) should be what every applicant tells himself :)

We're all privileged to live and be established in one of the best countries in the world, by all measures (weather excepted ? :p), and while it's completely understandable that becoming a citizen is a big deal (and it is, if anything, the canadian passport is a real upgrade compared to my current one...), we should keep the big picture in mind, and the big picture says : hey, your an RP in Canada, relax :)

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I agree with you in general. A lot of people are going through a lot of trouble to stay here. Citizenship is justifiably the ultimate step to complete our immigration journey. While some people are very pessimistic and has no empathy, some have gone through a lot of stress to get here... they just want to get this over with; some well-educated PRs are frustrated with their careers because of the systemic prejudices in the workplace coded as "Canadian Experience"... and so on and so forth. While I am a patient person, I can understand those who are weary. However, like I always say to my kids, be grateful for what you have and where you are now, because many wish they could be you.

Reactions: backendcode

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
actually Immigration and Citizenship are 2 completely separate units (Departments) with their individual mandates, budget and staff.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Ur right man! So many would give anything and everything to be in our shoes.
Few months from now we will all be true Canadians.. go on with our individual life as if this never existed ❤
I would love to be Canadian even though it takes 24 months instead of 12 months but that's ok
Well, you got your 7 likes out of your 17 by making this post. I was gonna give one too but when I check your background, you were preparing your application about 4 months before you were eligible. Most of the people here look at things 7-14 days before or after not before 100 days . So you are telling people to relax but not relaxing yourself. lol.
Hey Stalker,
Nothing wrong to prepare yourself in advance and I think its smart move to get prepared by not leaving things at last minutes but I don't complain about the process and omg my AOR is not coming or I can't see my status and this is killing me, let's start petitions blah blah.
Btw thank you for checking on me, I feel like a celebrity! yay

Damm thanks for telling me I got 17 likes :) you are the best and please keep an eye on me and give me update. I feel like I have personal assistant now lol

Good luck!

Thank you,

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
100 days to prepare citizenship application? You do need a personal assistant. I won't serve without money or your back but you need to find a job to kill time and pay assistant. lol.
I am thinking to hire you because you are doing a great job so far. How you impressed me by telling about my likes and that service was free. Maybe to get this job? Oh boy! go get some life and stop checking on people and their posts. LMFAO.