+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
I got "Bulletin 1: Important Information About your Immigration Application" email from HK office, after 3 days pre-arrival letter shown up on my CIC account page. is that normal for your guys?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I got "Bulletin 1: Important Information About your Immigration Application" email from HK office, after 3 days pre-arrival letter shown up on my CIC account page. is that normal for your guys?
Everything is normal in the process.

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Just added Buttetin 2 in my timeline after I got PPR. I've sent the passport to Ottawa, keeping my fingers crossed.

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Just added Buttetin 2 in my timeline after I got PPR. I've sent the passport to Ottawa, keeping my fingers crossed.
What's your plan to activate the PR once you get the passport back? We had planned to cross the border but it's shut down now.

vvvickyllll

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
I'm also from Hong Kong. I received a letter from HKVO for requesting additional documents and police certificate on December 2019. I have written letter to HKVO for the letter of requesting police certificate but no respond. May I know what you are doing to get thing work?
You already received the letter requesting the police certificate? Just bring the letter and the required document to apply the PCC in Hong Kong.

https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html

vvvickyllll

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
Anyone from Hong Kong? What happened after submitting the Hong Kong PCC? I applied the Hong Kong PCC 2 weeks ago, and I already did the medical test and biometrics. My case is still in Mississauga.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
What's your plan to activate the PR once you get the passport back? We had planned to cross the border but it's shut down now.
The border is still open for Canadian citizen and permanent resident and their direct relatives at this time.

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
I didn't consider this yet. Since my son is already inside Canada and I heard that I can go to some CIC offices inside Canada to do the landing, but just after researches I found through this way I might wait for months for the appointment, so, really don't know for now.
I am reducing any chances to go out due to the pandemic. What's your plan?

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I didn't consider this yet. Since my son is already inside Canada and I heard that I can go to some CIC offices inside Canada to do the landing, but just after researches I found through this way I might wait for months for the appointment, so, really don't know for now.
I am reducing any chances to go out due to the pandemic. What's your plan?
I just tried calling border services, they said that it would be considered "non-essential" travel and that we wouldn't be able to go through. So going through CIC offices might be the only option for the time being.