+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hi thanks. Do you guys know how long ppr takes from HK after pre arrival?

Here is my timeline.
27.09.19 Aor1 Sydney
03.11.19 SA
14.11.19 Bio req
18.11.19 Med req
19.11.19 Bio passed
23.11.19 Med passed
03.12.19 LVO transfer to HK
13.12.19 AOR2 and ADR
10.03.20 Pre Arrival email

Hoping to receive ppr soon, missing my children and wife dearly.
I received pre arrival in oct 2019... still waiting for DM

Last edited:

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Sorry about that, seems depends on case by case from my research so far but experts can chime in some advise.
No need to say sorry. Just venting :) my wife hopes to go to University in September so hopefully she'll get PR before she has to pay tuition.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hey guys and gals, this is kinda urgent. I just got DM on my ECAS for my wife's Sponsorship. I haven't gotten an email or anything.

It just so happens that I was gonna leave my wife and baby here tomorrow back to Canada. My plane ticket is none refundable. My wife of course would like me here to help her bring our daughter over.

How long will I be waiting for the PPR and then once sent, how long till the passport comes back? We are in Chengdu.

I'm not sure whether it's worth leaving tomorrow then coming back within a month. Any guesses on whether it will be that quick are appreciated. Cheers

longt

Mar 12, 2020
Hello everyone! My application was an in-land application and I received a letter for a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) from HK. For the fingerprint requirements, the local police office and consulate will not provide ink and roll fingerprints for this. The HK website says that "fingerprints from private / commercial agency will not be accepted". I was thinking of getting the fingerprints at an agency that is accredited by the RCMP with an explanation letter. Does anyone have experience with this, or knows if this will be an issue with the HK police department?

flyingColours

Jan 31, 2019
Hey guys, has anyone received two emails from the Hong Kong office? one is document request while the other is titled medical examination?

I’m sponsoring my husband and he’s passed his medical in January this year already. Is the email sent out just as a clarification on the 90 days extension or is it customary to do two medical exams if visa office happens to be in Hong Kong? Meaning we should expect another email for medical request soon? Thank you in advance for any insights!

the medical examination email looks like below.————————————————————-
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please note that you will be receiving a request to complete a medical examination by an IRCC panel physician online or via email in the near future. The medical examination request states that you must complete the medical examination within 30 days of receipt however, due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, you will have90 days from the date of receipt to complete the medical examination.
If you are unable to provide proof of the completed medical examination within the 90 days, please advise our office by e-mail. We understand that it may be difficult to complete a medical examination at this time. Your application will not be refused because you are unable to do so within the allotted timeframe.
————————————————————

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Hi guys, I checked the ECAS and found out it said "DM" 2 days back, but till now neither did I receive any email nor any messages in the IRCC account, is there anyone in the same circumstances?? When can I send a passport?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys and gals, this is kinda urgent. I just got DM on my ECAS for my wife's Sponsorship. I haven't gotten an email or anything.

It just so happens that I was gonna leave my wife and baby here tomorrow back to Canada. My plane ticket is none refundable. My wife of course would like me here to help her bring our daughter over.

How long will I be waiting for the PPR and then once sent, how long till the passport comes back? We are in Chengdu.

I'm not sure whether it's worth leaving tomorrow then coming back within a month. Any guesses on whether it will be that quick are appreciated. Cheers
From DM to PPR, it is anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. In our case, it took 5 weeks thanks to Corona virus breakout in China.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi guys, I checked the ECAS and found out it said "DM" 2 days back, but till now neither did I receive any email nor any messages in the IRCC account, is there anyone in the same circumstances?? When can I send a passport?
Congratulations! Wait for the PPR email to the principle applicant.

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019