+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi all,

My ECAS changed to decision made 2 days ago. I just have a few quick questions and see if anyone can help me with.

1. My passport is visa-exempted. Does that mean that I won’t receive the PPR and will get the COPR directly?

2. How will they send out the COPR? By post or by email? It will be sent directly to the PA (and I am the PA) or to the rep in Canada?

Thanks in advance for your kind help and frankly, I am quite nervous now.
Nothing to be nervous about ......Getting ready for Halloween?

In our case the PPR was emailed directly to sponsor ( rep. in Canada ).
You will have 30 days to send requirements ( passport, photo's, fees, with letter ) to the processing centre in Beijing.
Then PA will receive COPR and passport by courier within a few weeks depending on how busy they are.
Verify and make sure the address is correct !

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi and nice to meet you all!

My husband got invitation of pre-arrival email on September 5 then nothing afterwards... is it normal? I saw many got DM within 1 month after pre arrival email then got COPR... :oops:

Many thanks for advise
Yes, that is normal. Along with many who got DM within a month after pre-arrival letter, there are also many (or many more) who have beeing waiting for DM over 1,2,3,4,5,6,...months.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
My god, security screen can take this long!!!:eek:

This is from Auditor General of Canada report for 2011

2.51 Timeliness of security screening. We also examined whether the results of the CBSA’s security screening provided to Canada-based officers are timely. We found that, for the most part, the Agency responded in a timely manner for temporary residence cases.

2.52 The temporary residence screening manual indicates that the CBSA will reply to a visa officer’s referral within 10 working days. Our file review showed that the CBSA responded to the missions within 10 working days in 80 percent of the cases. However, we found that in at least 25 percent of those cases, it had not waited for CSIS input before providing the security screening results. Therefore, the results provided to Canada-based officers did not include the CSIS review. This occurred because the CBSA’s data system automatically sends a response to the missions after 10 days, unless an analyst has put a hold on the file. We were told, however, that if a concern is identified by CSIS after 10 days, the CBSA would notify the mission to stop the visa issuance. Nevertheless, the current practice allows for the exclusion of potentially important information due to the possibility that CSIS is unable to provide a response within 10 working days.

2.53 For permanent residence cases, we noted that there was a formal agreement on service standards in the 2006 memorandum of understanding between CIC and the CBSA, which stated that advice will be provided to visa officers within 9 to 18 months. Through our file review, we found that the CBSA had completed its analysis in less than 9 months in 67 percent of the cases and exceeded 18 months in 19 percent of the cases.

2.54 We also reviewed a sample of 10 percent of the 72 permanent residence cases analyzed by the CBSA after CSIS had completed its review for national security concerns. In the cases we examined, we found that CSIS took an average of 34 months to provide its results to the CBSA when there was information requiring further investigation. We noted that the CBSA concurred with the advice provided by CSIS but, on average, it took an additional 9 months to send the advice to the visa officer without adding specific details about the individual.

2.55 In responding to our survey, 46 percent of the Canada-based officers indicated they were concerned with the length of time it can take to obtain information or advice from security partners. The CBSA has recognized that timeliness is a concern and, at the end of our audit, had initiated measures to improve the timeliness of its screening.

Choco623

Oct 24, 2019
Yes, that is normal. Along with many who got DM within a month after pre-arrival letter, there are also many (or many more) who have beeing waiting for DM over 1,2,3,4,5,6,...months.

Thanks Ryester for the reply!
I worry if there’s any issues with the application... hahaha just worry too much

Hope we all get DM soon!

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hi all,

I want to do a TRV for my wife. They ask for a medical exam upfront. We passed one in August for her PR and don't wanna throw away 1700 yuan unnecessarily.

Should I just send screenshots of the gckey showing she passed? The TRV application is already linked to gckey anyways.

Thankful for any thoughts

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi all,

I want to do a TRV for my wife. They ask for a medical exam upfront. We passed one in August for her PR and don't wanna throw away 1700 yuan unnecessarily.

Should I just send screenshots of the gckey showing she passed? The TRV application is already linked to gckey anyways.

Thankful for any thoughts
Your wife should be given an information sheet after taking the medical exam. There is a IME number on the top right corner. If you wanna submit the medical exam info, this information sheet may be more helpful than showing the GCkey account screen capture.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
My god, security screen can take this long!!!:eek:

This is from Auditor General of Canada report for 2011

2.51 Timeliness of security screening. We also examined whether the results of the CBSA’s security screening provided to Canada-based officers are timely. We found that, for the most part, the Agency responded in a timely manner for temporary residence cases.

2.52 The temporary residence screening manual indicates that the CBSA will reply to a visa officer’s referral within 10 working days. Our file review showed that the CBSA responded to the missions within 10 working days in 80 percent of the cases. However, we found that in at least 25 percent of those cases, it had not waited for CSIS input before providing the security screening results. Therefore, the results provided to Canada-based officers did not include the CSIS review. This occurred because the CBSA’s data system automatically sends a response to the missions after 10 days, unless an analyst has put a hold on the file. We were told, however, that if a concern is identified by CSIS after 10 days, the CBSA would notify the mission to stop the visa issuance. Nevertheless, the current practice allows for the exclusion of potentially important information due to the possibility that CSIS is unable to provide a response within 10 working days.

2.53 For permanent residence cases, we noted that there was a formal agreement on service standards in the 2006 memorandum of understanding between CIC and the CBSA, which stated that advice will be provided to visa officers within 9 to 18 months. Through our file review, we found that the CBSA had completed its analysis in less than 9 months in 67 percent of the cases and exceeded 18 months in 19 percent of the cases.

2.54 We also reviewed a sample of 10 percent of the 72 permanent residence cases analyzed by the CBSA after CSIS had completed its review for national security concerns. In the cases we examined, we found that CSIS took an average of 34 months to provide its results to the CBSA when there was information requiring further investigation. We noted that the CBSA concurred with the advice provided by CSIS but, on average, it took an additional 9 months to send the advice to the visa officer without adding specific details about the individual.

2.55 In responding to our survey, 46 percent of the Canada-based officers indicated they were concerned with the length of time it can take to obtain information or advice from security partners. The CBSA has recognized that timeliness is a concern and, at the end of our audit, had initiated measures to improve the timeliness of its screening.

The report is old but hear your concerns......Hopefully the security check is going well !
Though it sure makes it easy for them to off load responsibility when using words like ' timeliness, and partners ' .
Wonder what measures were initiated at the end of the audit ? :rolleyes:

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
Congratulations!
Don't know about question 1.
For 2, it is sent through regular mail (or registered mail) and it is sent to PA.
Thank you. Hopefully the COPR will come soon.

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
Nothing to be nervous about ......Getting ready for Halloween?

In our case the PPR was emailed directly to sponsor ( rep. in Canada ).
You will have 30 days to send requirements ( passport, photo's, fees, with letter ) to the processing centre in Beijing.
Then PA will receive COPR and passport by courier within a few weeks depending on how busy they are.
Verify and make sure the address is correct !
Thanks. I guess I won't receive the PPR, as I haven't received it until now and my passport is visa-exempted.

Anyway, thanks all of you for your kind help during the process and I wish you all good luck and get DM soonest.

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
I still haven’t received any COPR, nor PPR. :(

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Did anyone get update in the couple days?
I got email back from ATIP saying my GCMS was due on Oct 3 but they are super busy and cannot meet the normal service standard. Now they put my request to "priority" but no promised when I can get the notes.

Basically nothing except they acknowledged that they received my request..:(.