+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

wg-au

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
Hi there... I have done the medical check and did the police cert end of Jan 2018, anyone know the timeline it takes for a decision made? Checking mailbox everyday! Getting anxious!
this is for family sponsorship btw!

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi there... I have done the medical check and did the police cert end of Jan 2018, anyone know the timeline it takes for a decision made? Checking mailbox everyday! Getting anxious!
i did the medical and police cert on Oct last year and still waiting for background check. expect at least 8months for the whole process from HKO

wg-au

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
i did the medical and police cert on Oct last year and still waiting for background check. expect at least 8months for the whole process from HKO
Wow! That long? I thought they would have already done the background checks before asking me to go for Medical Check and getting the Police Cert~~

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Wow! That long? I thought they would have already done the background checks before asking me to go for Medical Check and getting the Police Cert~~
Medical and Police Cert are in the early stage of the process. Have you got a email confirming HKO is handling your file?

ginsan

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Finally, my turn to receive the pre-arrival letter when checked GCkey this morning!
Changed to DM today in ECAS. But BGC still not yet started in GCKey. Is that normal for this situation?
Well, hope not another long wait and hope good news is near.
BTW, how long to get the COPR if the DM is positive? Thanks.

Reactions: Almostmove

harvey70

Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
There are not much people dealing with HKVO in the forum and in the spread sheets of 2017 and 2018, so it is hard to figure out the timeline of HKVO on average.

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Changed to DM today in ECAS. But BGC still not yet started in GCKey. Is that normal for this situation?
Well, hope not another long wait and hope good news is near.
BTW, how long to get the COPR if the DM is positive? Thanks.
Congratulation, BGC will start very soon in your GCKey.
I believe you will get the COPR within a month.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Congratulation, BGC will start very soon in your GCKey.
I believe you will get the COPR within a month.
Hi all HKVO applicants. I believe most of you have gone through this PFL from HKVO as I have been reviewing this thread. It seems very common to ask for one here. Ok, I got this letter today and I am a Aug Applicant, the PFL is asking for details of the sponsor intention to move back with the me since we are both working in HK. May I know what did you provide to the officer and did you attach any emails with the doc? What I am thinking is, providing them all the communications with real estate agent, kid's school, tax accountant/lawyer (for tax purposes once we move back), Canadian bank account, travel details back to Vancouver last year (twice), relocating/moving company and job search etc..... would these be good evidence to prove that my intent to move back. TIA

ginsan

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi all HKVO applicants. I believe most of you have gone through this PFL from HKVO as I have been reviewing this thread. It seems very common to ask for one here. Ok, I got this letter today and I am a Aug Applicant, the PFL is asking for details of the sponsor intention to move back with the me since we are both working in HK. May I know what did you provide to the officer and did you attach any emails with the doc? What I am thinking is, providing them all the communications with real estate agent, kid's school, tax accountant/lawyer (for tax purposes once we move back), Canadian bank account, travel details back to Vancouver last year (twice), relocating/moving company and job search etc..... would these be good evidence to prove that my intent to move back. TIA
It would be more convincing if you include the resignation letter, in addition to what you have mentioned. For my case, I also included my Employer's acknowledgement letter regarding my resignation.

harvey70

Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
Hi,
I need your advice.
I was asked for updating Schedule A (IMM5669) to since 18 years old not recently 10 years from HKVO, so the problems for me are:
1, some addresses don't have street number, or street name such as rural area, how do I fill it and validate
2, PA forgot some detailed addresses, only remembered street name vaguely.

Any advice are appreciated.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
It would be more convincing if you include the resignation letter, in addition to what you have mentioned. For my case, I also included my Employer's acknowledgement letter regarding my resignation.
I feel like very awkward for the resignation thing. The thing is, I need my wife to take care of my kids when I move back to Canada, and what if she doesnt get the PR and cant stay there with me, what am i going to do?