Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
Sorry, that is a million dollars question that I really don't have a answer for. As I said that at the very beginning both me and my lawyer thought that our case would be transferred to HK VO, and I even prepared for a possible interview, because our case had few so called "Red Flags". During the application preparation, I really did my home work and carefully collected all the evidences to paint our relationship into a picture. The strong side of our relationship is quite obvious that we are living together, have two wonderful children, happily married for 5 and half years, owned house together, I am on my wife's health insurance and is a beneficiary of her life insurance, and etc. But the difficult part is to convince the VO that our marriage isn't a marriage of convenience. The 5 and half years of marriage before applying immigration to Canada could reduce the risk to a point, but certainly it is not enough, so I carefully wrote several letters by presenting an idea to VO that the decision to move back to Canada is my wife's idea and a difficult decision to make for her (completely true), also, I asked my previous roommate, my parents, my wife's sister, niece and her friends to provide us supporting letters to support our relationship and specifically stated that if my wife and I should separated, it will cause unnecessary hardship for us and our children.

Anyway, just like what I said, there was a lucky part in play, that probably I was chosen as a case that met all criteria of OB570, which is the program runs by CIC for some straight forward cases processed by CPC-Mississauga.
Thanks for sharing! May I ask a favour? When you do relocate, would you be so kind as to let me know what company you decided on? I've seen a bunch of good and terrible reviews for the big movers as well as for the smaller ones... as well as prices being all over the place. Thanks again!

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for sharing! May I ask a favour? When you do relocate, would you be so kind as to let me know what company you decided on? I've seen a bunch of good and terrible reviews for the big movers as well as for the smaller ones... as well as prices being all over the place. Thanks again!
I will move to Canada from US, and most likely we probably just ditch most of our funitures. So, I may not help you on the moving part.

Reactions: huey9

melodyliaooo

Jul 7, 2017
I received this email today...is this a generic email? We have submitted everything already when we initially submitted our package..my husband is only 28 this year so our original schedule A would have included his history since 18 (also 10 years). What should we expect next?

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.

Ø If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-education-language.asp
• For information on employment, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/work/index.asp
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-move.asp

Planning Ahead

If your application for permanent residence is approved, you will be encouraged to use free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Several online and in-person services will be available to you, your spouse and your dependents once your application is approved. These services can help you find out more about living and working in Canada. They can also help you take steps to get your education, work experience, and professional licences/certificates recognized in Canada, and access other free settlement services once you have arrived in Canada.

To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website (canada.ca/pre-arrival-services). Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.

rlserenity

Sep 8, 2017
Hi, guys, I just got a passport request today Feb the 8th. I went in person to the Beijing visa office to hand in my passport right away. It was quite a surprise because I wasn’t expecting a dm till the end of this month or early March, because according to gckey, my bgc only changed to processing on Jan 9th. I’m a May applicant btw

I have a couple question, maybe you guys can help me answer.
1. Is it normal to get a ppr without getting a dm? (My gckey still has not changed, is it just lagging?)
2. How long does it normally take to get a CoPR from a ppr, I am planning to buy the plane ticket soon. (The lady at the bjvo told me it will take a month, I don’t think it will take that long even with the spring festival coming up)

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Last edited:

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
I

I received this email too back in Nov and i had sent in an updated Sch A since the original one was up to 10years in history and an IMM5406 (same as the original one sent in). I pretty much think everyone got this from HKVO from this forum. I have not heard of a word since the reply of these 2 docs. (3months)

coolw2k

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
yeah, I guess it's pretty standard one, I received same one, and I got the same question on history since 18 instead, I revised my 5406 & 5669 and mailed them with the letter to HKVO. Hope this helps

I received this email today...is this a generic email? We have submitted everything already when we initially submitted our package..my husband is only 28 this year so our original schedule A would have included his history since 18 (also 10 years). What should we expect next?

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.

Ø If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website (canada.ca/pre-arrival-services). Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.