kitty0303

Jul 23, 2015
My timeline is
27-01 Application received
15-03 Document resubmitted
28-03 Application number received
30-03 SA
10-04 Medical checkup email and done

I haven't received any message afterwards.
I called the Mississauga office last month and they said their office is moving.
They will handle my case to HKVO and asked me don't call them again within 3 months.
So worry.

wintermao

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Dear all,

I received an email of Document Request: Application for Permanent Residence from General of Canada in Hong Kong, requesting

1. if not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan
2. Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
3. Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specification

However, I have already included them to Canada processing center during t my first family sponsor application.

Do I need to re-submit these documents, or I just wait for further information?

Thanks in advance!
Have you re-submitted the above documents to HKVO? I have the same issue and just waiting for further instruction. Thank you.

Oct 4, 2016
Congratulations!!!
May I ask the time CIC requires you to land in Canada? Is it the day one-year after your medical exam? or some times earlier? thanks.
The following is from the PPR email:

Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.
So, definitely arrive before, not after! If you don't arrive before, you'll have to start EVERYTHING over:

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.
Eep! :eek:

Reactions: ginsan

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
My timeline is
27-01 Application received
15-03 Document resubmitted
28-03 Application number received
30-03 SA
10-04 Medical checkup email and done

I haven't received any message afterwards.
I called the Mississauga office last month and they said their office is moving.
They will handle my case to HKVO and asked me don't call them again within 3 months.
So worry.
Try this link, may help.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Or try email to HKVO, give them the UCI and application number and ask for the situation.

HKONGIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

ginsan

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi heystop, Do you mean something like below?
we got 2 emails, another one is document request, we sent the documents to HKVO by courier last week. Should we just wait for the next hints? nothing we can do? thanks.

Great News! Your application for Permanent Residence has arrived in Hong Kong. We are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada!

It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful. Over the next few months, we’ll send you additional messages while your application is being processed, to provide more information and useful tips about moving to Canada and about life in Canada. There’s a lot to learn and hopefully these links will help you on this exciting path!
I received the above email few days ago. Is it the AOR2 (that I have been continuously waiting for)?

JoyceMey

Aug 17, 2017
Can anyone help me PLEASE?
My husband is sponsoring me and my son (from my previous marriage) who is 18 this year for PR within Canada. Does my son need to complete IMM0008 and IMM5406 by his own?

goku17

Jun 7, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
24-2-2017
Doc's Request.
15-03-2017
File Transfer...
18-4-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
awaiting...
Anyone knows the cureent situation about HKVO?

felixchung

Sep 30, 2016
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
11-03-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
My wife is a February applicant and her background check hasn't even started yet.

Anyone knows the cureent situation about HKVO?

rlserenity

Sep 8, 2017
Hi, everybody, I posted my timeline below, hoping someone who went through this tell me what should I be expecting next or when should I be expecting a DM or PPR, thanks!

5.24, Application sent
6.28 AOR
7.10 SA
7.11 ME
7.14 MEP
8.10 ADR(Schedule A form)
8.16 sent to HKVO
8.29 ADR (Updated Schedule A Form and Updated Additional Family Member Information Form)
9.08 I prepared document and sent to HKVO, It took so long because I prepared a police record check in April, but got a new one just in case!