+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

arsenal-ozil

Aug 16, 2017
Wouldn't hurt, except for a few extra bucks spent.

To be honest, I can't say for sure if the one sent to Mississauga is fine or not. And I'm not entirely sure if there's any way you can find out. Can try contacting CIC to see... takes about 3 weeks for HK Police to send it out, plus whatever time it takes to arrive by registered post.

But I suspect CIC would send you a request for additional documents if it's not received?

In any case, I guess you need to upload something to them, like your HK PCC receipt and a letter explaining what this is.
Mine one was sent to Mississauga and no problem with it. Now, my whole package was sent to HKVO for next steps.

Jason Sche

Aug 28, 2017
some update,I got ppr yesterday and sent the passport to Ottawa since the applicant is visiting Canada now.
Hopefully would receive the visa within 2 weeks, fingers crossed for everyone!
Hi, I just have a short question about the step after DM. As you mentioned that the applicant in visiting canada, does it mean that you do not need send the applicant's passort to HKVO , but directly to Ottawa? sorry for this quesion, since I have same situation. I sponsored my daughter to Canada by outland process. All documents have been transferred to HKVO. but I decided to bring her to Canada via travelling visa till the final decision made.
I do not know what is the next step after DM, since she is already in Canada, How can I get the COPR letter ? Actually I insisit to send her passport somethere in Canada instead of sending back to HK. Thank you in advance.

Jason Sche

Aug 28, 2017
Hello group members, could you please help me to figure out this question? Thanks a lot.
I am sponsoring my daughter to Canada by outland process. All documents have been transferred to HKVO. At moment, I decided to bring her to Canada via travelling visa till the final decision made.
I do not know what is the next step after DM, since she is already in Canada, How can I get the COPR letter ? Actually I perfer to send her passport somethere in Canada VO instead of sending back to HKVO, what shall I do ? Thank you in advance.

goku17

Jun 7, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
24-2-2017
Doc's Request.
15-03-2017
File Transfer...
18-4-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
awaiting...

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi, I just have a short question about the step after DM. As you mentioned that the applicant in visiting canada, does it mean that you do not need send the applicant's passort to HKVO , but directly to Ottawa? sorry for this quesion, since I have same situation. I sponsored my daughter to Canada by outland process. All documents have been transferred to HKVO. but I decided to bring her to Canada via travelling visa till the final decision made.
I do not know what is the next step after DM, since she is already in Canada, How can I get the COPR letter ? Actually I insisit to send her passport somethere in Canada instead of sending back to HK. Thank you in advance.
yes, you can send her passport to Ottawa as long as she is in Canada . The applicant will receive an instruction letter , just fellow the steps which is pretty straight forward.
FYI we waited a month to get the passport back.

GCPY

Oct 4, 2017
Hi, I am holding a HK passport, may I know if I apply the Outland application and I will stay in Vancouver, can I extend my visitor visa? Thanks so much.

GCPY

Oct 4, 2017
Just read some previous message, may I know if I can do the medical check first and send the result together with the application? Thanks for help.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Just read some previous message, may I know if I can do the medical check first and send the result together with the application? Thanks for help.
dont think you can do it ahead as the clinic needs the IME # for the system

Homotope

Oct 11, 2017
Has anyone had their eligibility check finished lately? We can see from our gcms notes that our eligibility check was started 28/7/2017, but has still not been completed as of today. Anyone else stuck at this step?