+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ALGBVB11

May 8, 2016
hicks74 said:
Don't give up hope, you are a Hong Kong citizen yes? If so, that means when decision is made you get your COPR in the mail pretty fast, no need for a visa. It sounds like you are having a long security check, but it could be finished any day now.

You could order your GMSC notes, but you might not get them before a DM.
Hi Hicks74,

Yes, i'm HK citizen.

Finally, received CIC HK office feedback and they request additional document to prove my husband will resume his teaching job in Canada and his intention to stay in Canada before they issue visa for me.

My Husband just upload the additional documents thru Specific case portal and will print out the document and send to CIC HK office by register mail today. He want to make sure there is no more delay of the approval.

Hopefully, will receive DM and COPR in early of July. My husband just changed his flight, he will go back to Canada 1st in mid-June. I will stay in HK wait for the COPR.

finger-crossed!!! :D

Thanks for your advance.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
ALGBVB11 said:
Hi Hicks74,

Yes, i'm HK citizen.

Finally, received CIC HK office feedback and they request additional document to prove my husband will resume his teaching job in Canada and his intention to stay in Canada before they issue visa for me.

My Husband just upload the additional documents thru Specific case portal and will print out the document and send to CIC HK office by register mail today. He want to make sure there is no more delay of the approval.

Hopefully, will receive DM and COPR in early of July. My husband just changed his flight, he will go back to Canada 1st in mid-June. I will stay in HK wait for the COPR.

finger-crossed!!! :D

Thanks for your advance.
I assume that he showed his job arrangement already, and it's interesting that HKVO needed such further extent of proof that your husband will actually return. Have you ever ordered GCMS notes? You may see some comments when the officers talk about the sponsor.

Anyway, just a suggestion for you, if you feel the need.

You do have the option of going in as a visitor, and then wait out the rest of the process in Canada. If someone in HK can check your mail, once the COPR arrives, your friend/family can Fedex it over to you in Canada. Then you flag pole at the US border to land.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Hey guys, our case was received by CIC in early April and last week call centre agent told me SA was passed. However, until now I have not got any SA mail/email. My wife's ECAS is still showing app received. I saw some mid-April HKVO applicants already have their status changed to In Process. Congrats and hopefully my case wont be delayed.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
naticom said:
Hey guys, our case was received by CIC in early April and last week call centre agent told me SA was passed. However, until now I have not got any SA mail/email. My wife's ECAS is still showing app received. I saw some mid-April HKVO applicants already have their status changed to In Process. Congrats and hopefully my case wont be delayed.
eCas is not a reliable tool for showing you your status.

You are lucky you can call CIC and get someone to talk to you about your status.

Anyway, I assume you chose email for CIC to communicate to you, and you and your wife each have different emails. I also assume you did not use a representative.

SA would go to you as the sponsor, and subsequent communications will go to your wife (AOR1, AOR2, further requests for info, etc.).

If you use public email accounts such as Hotmail, Gmail, etc., there is a chance the emails will get into the SPAM box and get deleted. I used Gmail and I got SA email without any problems. It happened to my wife who used Hotmail...in fact, I can only suspect this as we never got that email, and only found out the VO sent out an email after ordering GCMS notes to read the contents.

The only way to be sure if any communications were sent out is to order GCMS notes. It would also tell you whether the contact details are correct as well. Even though things were barcoded on the forms when you printed them out, which means the information should be electronically transferred and therefore correct, who knows if errors still happen.

ALGBVB11

May 8, 2016
cheng9999 said:
I assume that he showed his job arrangement already, and it's interesting that HKVO needed such further extent of proof that your husband will actually return. Have you ever ordered GCMS notes? You may see some comments when the officers talk about the sponsor.

Anyway, just a suggestion for you, if you feel the need.

You do have the option of going in as a visitor, and then wait out the rest of the process in Canada. If someone in HK can check your mail, once the COPR arrives, your friend/family can Fedex it over to you in Canada. Then you flag pole at the US border to land.
Hi Cheng9999,

Do you know how to order GCMS notes? Thanks

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
ALGBVB11 said:
Hi Cheng9999,

Just search my earlier posts. I've commented on how to get notes, as have many other people.

Google it, and follow the instructions and links.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
ALGBVB11 said:
Hi Cheng9999,

Hello, here is the link, good luck.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

ALGBVB11

May 8, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Just search my earlier posts. I've commented on how to get notes, as have many other people.

Google it, and follow the instructions and links.
Thanks Cheng9999, should i order it now or wait one or two weeks later?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
ALGBVB11 said:
Thanks Cheng9999, should i order it now or wait one or two weeks later?
If you order now, it takes at least 30 days to get to you (some lucky ones reported shorter times, but not too many). My suggestion is that the earlier you get it, the earlier you get to see if everything is in order.

Another poster has put out a link. Just a reminder, it's your sponsor that is the one applying (the PR or citizen), not you. Instructions are there for a form indication authorization to release information...this one you have to sign, and fill in the sponsor as the person authorized to receive information about your case.

ALGBVB11

May 8, 2016
cheng9999 said:
If you order now, it takes at least 30 days to get to you (some lucky ones reported shorter times, but not too many). My suggestion is that the earlier you get it, the earlier you get to see if everything is in order.

Another poster has put out a link. Just a reminder, it's your sponsor that is the one applying (the PR or citizen), not you. Instructions are there for a form indication authorization to release information...this one you have to sign, and fill in the sponsor as the person authorized to receive information about your case.
Thanks Cheng9999,

I will apply it within this week.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Sorry that I did not have enough time going through this thread. Does any HKVO applicant submitted early this year already get CoPR back?

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
cheng9999 said:

Hi, i just wanna let u know, i just got my COPR yesterday. thank you for helping me before. i have one more question, i saw some ppl mentioned about B4 form before, is it everyone need it to enter Canada?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
conniecheng said:
Hi, i just wanna let u know, i just got my COPR yesterday. thank you for helping me before. i have one more question, i saw some ppl mentioned about B4 form before, is it everyone need it to enter Canada?
Congratulations. Now your GCMS notes will just be interesting reading.

The B4 form is needed if you bring things with you which are not accompanying you on the landing trip/flight. If you use logistics company to send things over, you'll need to fill that up as the goods are not accompanying you.

I have heard that if you bring things later (not logistics company even), say you will go back in a few months and bring a few things over on your flight (say a computer or other valuable items)...these things should also go on the B4. Basically, when you go through customs, the officer will stamp the B4, meaning that your goods are cleared to go into Canada without any duties. I don't know if there's a time limit on how long the time is after you land (or for returning citizens who take up residence again in Canada).

Others online say you need to have 4 copies, each need to be stamped by the border guard. So once you filled them in, make a few photocopies just in case.

By the way, the files of the forms are named "bsf186a.pdf" and "bsf186-eng.pdf"...the 2nd one is basically extension. The form only has 8 lines, which is not enough to fill in all your goods.

We are also in the process of packing things up, and sorting out what to bring over.

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Congratulations. Now your GCMS notes will just be interesting reading.

The B4 form is needed if you bring things with you which are not accompanying you on the landing trip/flight. If you use logistics company to send things over, you'll need to fill that up as the goods are not accompanying you.

I have heard that if you bring things later (not logistics company even), say you will go back in a few months and bring a few things over on your flight (say a computer or other valuable items)...these things should also go on the B4. Basically, when you go through customs, the officer will stamp the B4, meaning that your goods are cleared to go into Canada without any duties. I don't know if there's a time limit on how long the time is after you land (or for returning citizens who take up residence again in Canada).

Others online say you need to have 4 copies, each need to be stamped by the border guard. So once you filled them in, make a few photocopies just in case.

By the way, the files of the forms are named "bsf186a.pdf" and "bsf186-eng.pdf"...the 2nd one is basically extension. The form only has 8 lines, which is not enough to fill in all your goods.

We are also in the process of packing things up, and sorting out what to bring over.
what about.if i.dont have anything.to.send. i only have one suit.case.with me go on the flight, do I still.need B4?