+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
hicks74 said:
Perhaps, but I have read some posts in other categories when CSIS checks have taken many months, even a year or more. People even contact CSIS to get an update but they get a generic 'the check is in progress' type message back. Many of these posts are years old, so I don't know if CSIS has improved the process or not either.
I see. Well that is troubling, and discouraging... another hurdle to get by.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
Thanks for you advise, to reply your points.
1. Application: Fxxxxxxx. In this section, when was "Updated Date"? - 2016/02/07 14:22:29
2. SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS AND REFUGEE", does it show "SPR Eligibility: Not Started What is your understanding on SPR, sponsor or PA.
3. ASSESSMENTS - Security : Not Started Criminality: Not Started, Medical: Passed - Expired
4. "HISTORY" and also "ACTIVITY" - There are 11 Application status in History and 11 Activity.
5. There are 3 notes. Notes 2; Sponsor Eligibility Decision:passed
Hi Cheng and everyone
please help and advise!
In my GCMS notes which I try hard to learn now, I have noticed RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee) is OUTSTANDING. I check the web and it should be pay.
I paid already the application fee CAD475.00. Please tell me should I pay!

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng and everyone
please help and advise!
In my GCMS notes which I try hard to learn now, I have noticed RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee) is OUTSTANDING. I check the web and it should be pay.
I paid already the application fee CAD475.00. Please tell me should I pay!
Do not pay again if you already paid. I think they will update it later.

cece2016

Mar 8, 2016
hicks74 said:
Another person in my wife's qq group got their PPR today. I only know they had interview March 3, and did the medical on March 15.
hicks74 said:
Another update from the QQ group, someone interviewed on March 9th, did medical March 23, and just got their PPR on April 15.
Do you know when did they apply their applications?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
cece2016 said:
Do you know when did they apply their applications?
There are many sections to the Payment and Fees, and they go from most recent actions to the oldest time.

I don't know if there is a time which even this is not updated. I'll give you my example.

App received early Aug. AOR1 received early Sept.

Notes printed Dec 31, so reflected the status at that time.

PAYMENTS:
* updated: Sept 1
* payment date: Jul 27
* Amount paid: 1040
* Current balance: 0

Then FEES section has various entries of the breakdown of various sub-categories to allocate this 1040, also applied on Sept 1. There was one older entry in Aug where it said there was still amount owed (the 75 dollar fee).

So in my case, the payment was accounted for early on, right when I was about to get AOR1.

I would say that if you have AOR1 already, SA and file transferred to VO, you should have at least the Payments section which is up-to-date. So if you have PAYMENTS section, is the total amount what you paid? If yes, you are good.

If not, you should still have the PDF file of the payment receipt...I suggest you upload via case-specific-inquiry and explain that it looks like this is not reflected in GCMS notes. It cannot hurt...uploading will not even cost you a stamp as you would mail a letter.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
There are many sections to the Payment and Fees, and they go from most recent actions to the oldest time.

I don't know if there is a time which even this is not updated. I'll give you my example.

App received early Aug. AOR1 received early Sept.

Notes printed Dec 31, so reflected the status at that time.

PAYMENTS:
* updated: Sept 1
* payment date: Jul 27
* Amount paid: 1040
* Current balance: 0

Then FEES section has various entries of the breakdown of various sub-categories to allocate this 1040, also applied on Sept 1. There was one older entry in Aug where it said there was still amount owed (the 75 dollar fee).

So in my case, the payment was accounted for early on, right when I was about to get AOR1.

I would say that if you have AOR1 already, SA and file transferred to VO, you should have at least the Payments section which is up-to-date. So if you have PAYMENTS section, is the total amount what you paid? If yes, you are good.

If not, you should still have the PDF file of the payment receipt...I suggest you upload via case-specific-inquiry and explain that it looks like this is not reflected in GCMS notes. It cannot hurt...uploading will not even cost you a stamp as you would mail a letter.
Hi Cheng,
You paid 1040. If my understanding is correct, the breakdown is as follows:-
Application fee $75.00 for sponsor
Application fee for PA $475.00 for sponsored spouse
RPRF - $490.00 - I did not pay this.
I must pay now correct!!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
You paid 1040. If my understanding is correct, the breakdown is as follows:-
Application fee $75.00 for sponsor
Application fee for PA $475.00 for sponsored spouse
RPRF - $490.00 - I did not pay this.
I must pay now correct!!
yes, I paid everything upfront.

The thread I pointed you to about GCMS notes started by Eagle333, he said that there's advantage in paying RPRF when asked to do so. He thought that it would be a prompt from the VO that your case is completed. If everything is done upfront, he would not know when it would be near the end, as eCas is not reliable.

If you have not paid it, it would not hurt to do so as you would need to do that eventually.

If I were in your situation, I too would also try to do as much as I can to get the VO to react, take some action. Anything at all...that way when I order notes again, I would see if these things got into the notes.

I would suggest that you keep ordering notes in order to see if things have progressed. It's the only way to see if the VO has taken any action. I feel sorry for you and other posters here where the VO appears not to have not done anything on the file for abnormally long time.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
yes, I paid everything upfront.

The thread I pointed you to about GCMS notes started by Eagle333, he said that there's advantage in paying RPRF when asked to do so. He thought that it would be a prompt from the VO that your case is completed. If everything is done upfront, he would not know when it would be near the end, as eCas is not reliable.

If you have not paid it, it would not hurt to do so as you would need to do that eventually.

If I were in your situation, I too would also try to do as much as I can to get the VO to react, take some action. Anything at all...that way when I order notes again, I would see if these things got into the notes.

I would suggest that you keep ordering notes in order to see if things have progressed. It's the only way to see if the VO has taken any action. I feel sorry for you and other posters here where the VO appears not to have not done anything on the file for abnormally long time.
Hi Cheng,
Thanks! From the note, they sent AOR2 on May 6, 2015 but we never receive. I don't know if they ask us to pay but I will pay now to speed up the process.

Jenny Yu

Apr 8, 2016
Hello Everyone; I am June 26 applicant. One question need you guys help

I received GCMS note in this morning. Eligibility: Passed. Paper file location : C review. Can someone know what is C review?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Jenny Yu said:

I received GCMS note in this morning. Eligibility: Passed. Paper file location : C review. Can someone know what is C review?
If I have to guess, it means criminality review. Your eligibility passed, remaining steps are criminality and security.

When was your eligibility completed?

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Jenny Yu said:

That's what I have too, since first week of March. Who knows how long the background check will take.

Jenny Yu

Apr 8, 2016
Cheng9999 and Cicong Thanks you guys reply.

Eligibility completion date is Feb 12 2016. I got addition documentation request on Mar-16 and responded on Mar-18-16 for updating Schedule A.

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016(police clearance request. PC sent to HKVO on 30-03-2016)
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
24-02-2015, 16-03-2016(redo)
Interview........
08-03-2016 (Approved at interview)
Passport Req..
No ppr(HK passport holder)
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016(COPR, no visa needed)
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
Jenny Yu said:
Cheng9999 and Cicong Thanks you guys reply.

Eligibility completion date is Feb 12 2016. I got addition documentation request on Mar-16 and responded on Mar-18-16 for updating Schedule A.
Hi there, just wondering if your Hong Kong citizen?

Jul 19, 2010
Hi everyone,

I can see that my wife's (PA) status is now decision made (changed on Friday). But when we check, there are no notes in her ECAS. She is a mainland citizen. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for them to get in touch with the PA on average? Thanks.

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
ChineseDreamer said:
Hi everyone,

I can see that my wife's (PA) status is now decision made (changed on Friday). But when we check, there are no notes in her ECAS. She is a mainland citizen. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for them to get in touch with the PA on average? Thanks.
I heard all mainland application processed by Beijing office now