Interview........
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
Another person in my wife's qq group got their PPR today. I only know they had interview March 3, and did the medical on March 15.

candykwan

Aug 28, 2015
I finally got my PPR email today but ECAS still shows in process. You guys should check your Email or spam just in case.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
candykwan said:
No, I did mine after AOR2. You can check my timeline on the spreadsheet.
Ah I see. Should have not followed their site's instruction and just do it when we receive the AOR2 - and save a few hundred bucks.

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016(police clearance request. PC sent to HKVO on 30-03-2016)
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
24-02-2015, 16-03-2016(redo)
Interview........
08-03-2016 (Approved at interview)
Passport Req..
No ppr(HK passport holder)
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016(COPR, no visa needed)
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
candykwan said:
I finally got my PPR email today but ECAS still shows in process. You guys should check your Email or spam just in case.
Congrats!!!!

hicks74

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-07-2015
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
Interview........
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
Another update from the QQ group, someone interviewed on March 9th, did medical March 23, and just got their PPR on April 15.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
hicks74 said:
Another update from the QQ group, someone interviewed on March 9th, did medical March 23, and just got their PPR on April 14.
Good for them. Ours was passed on March 5, medical passed in Feb and still NOTHING! WTF is going on!

To say im an extremely dissatisfied citizen is an understatement.

hicks74

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-07-2015
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
Interview........
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
cicong said:
Good for them. Ours was passed on March 5, medical passed in Feb and still NOTHING! WTF is going on!

To say im an extremely dissatisfied citizen is an understatement.
I understand that exactly. The problem is there is not enough clear and frequent updates to the status of anyone's application to fully understand why some go fast and some go slow. There might be legitimate reasons why this happens, such as some saying some people get simple background checks while others get more detailed reviews. But without anyone knowing what is going on, its all just a big mystery.

This doesn't let us know if the delays are really with the Visa Office, the specific visa officer or with an outside agency.

In this day and age of computers and internet, I think there should be a lot more information available via the ecas system.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
hicks74 said:
Here is my timeline for the record:

19/05/2015 Applied
27/07/2015 AOR
21/03/2016 Interview (passed)
23/03/2016 Medical Completed (electronic submission)

And now I wait with everyone else. Reading some other threads it seems likely the hold-up is with the security clearance.
Hi,
Please explain the difference between security clearance and criminality. It seems criminality is proofed by no criminal record and security clearance can only be done by CIC invetigation.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
hicks74 said:
I understand that exactly. The problem is there is not enough clear and frequent updates to the status of anyone's application to fully understand why some go fast and some go slow. There might be legitimate reasons why this happens, such as some saying some people get simple background checks while others get more detailed reviews. But without anyone knowing what is going on, its all just a big mystery.

This doesn't let us know if the delays are really with the Visa Office, the specific visa officer or with an outside agency.

In this day and age of computers and internet, I think there should be a lot more information available via the ecas system.
I guess the fact that she studied in the States for a few years is complicating the matter - the FBI checks are notoriously slow

hicks74

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-07-2015
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
Interview........
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
lucaskclai said:
Hi,
Please explain the difference between security clearance and criminality. It seems criminality is proofed by no criminal record and security clearance can only be done by CIC invetigation.
Reading other forums I believe Criminality is done by the police in the country of origin. In the case of mainland China, you can get a criminal history check report from a police department, and get it translated and notorized yourself. I think in Hong Kong itself the police send the report directly to the visa office ( correct me if I am wrong please ).

Security clearance is done by CSIS, and is out of the hands of the VO.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
hicks74 said:
Reading other forums I believe Criminality is done by the police in the country of origin. In the case of mainland China, you can get a criminal history check report from a police department, and get it translated and notorized yourself. I think in Hong Kong itself the police send the report directly to the visa office ( correct me if I am wrong please ).

Security clearance is done by CSIS, and is out of the hands of the VO.
I'm suspecting CSIS takes care of all files by a first-come-first-serve basis. They then send the results to the VO - and then it is up to the VO people to input the data and update the files - and this is where some will get their PPR sooner than others who applied earlier because the VO people don't really follow any order.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Hi Lucas, at least you can sponsor, so that's not the problem. At this point, one can only guess.

I suggest that you ask for help from Eagle333, who supposedly has seen a lot of GCMS notes to help you. You can block out the personal information, and send it to him for him to give you some comments. (You can ask if it's ok, then email him...I think he also appreciates seeing more GCMS notes, so he gains more knowledge to help other people). You can check out another thread "GCMS notes as never explained before" and contact him. I don't think you need to worry about the acronyms.

You said you did not receive any emails to confirm that. So you confirm that Sponsorship has passed.

Let me try to walk you through a few things...this was how I read our notes.

Right in the beginning, Application: Fxxxxxxx. In this section, when was "Updated Date"? This gives an idea when the file was last touched. Then you find which section has been updated to see what the action was. In this section also, is it still "App status: Open", "App status reason: in progress"?

Then right after that, under "SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS AND REFUGEE", does it show "SPR Eligibility: Passed"? You said you never got email of SA. This is to double-check.

Then "ASSESSMENTS" which gives summary of various statuses: Eligibility, Security, Criminality, Medical. You Medical should be "passed" unless expired already. Eligibility, does it say "not started"?

Then "HISTORY" and also "ACTIVITY" sections, while there are not details here, you can see what has happened to your file, and when. Basically you can see when CIC has touched your file. If all the dates are old, then they did nothing for a long time, which hopefully you get some hints why in "NOTES" section.

Finally "NOTES" sections, this is where all the communications are. If you sent emails (but never got response), if CIC acted on them, they would put down what they did. Your MP making inquiries, they would also show up here. Any hints here?

My guess, guess only...your wife is missing some information which HKVO deemed need to be submitted before starting on her eligibility. But somehow, they have not asked you for it, so things are stuck. Your wife's situation could be the cause as you mentioned. As she did not have HK birth cert (my mom did not either, but that's because of after the war), and birth cert is required document, she would need her Hukou in China (my understanding is, Hukou is the key document in countries with Hukou system). Was that provided (I know, her Hukou would be cancelled upon immigrating to HK)? If yes, there's the difference in name spelling, so maybe that needs to be addressed somehow. And if your wife was after 18 when she moved to HK, she would also need to get her police cert from China.

Have you tried submitting a case specific inquiry to ask what's the problem and what could be missing?

Hope you sort this out soon.
Hi Cheng,
Thanks for you advise, to reply your points.
1. Application: Fxxxxxxx. In this section, when was "Updated Date"? - 2016/02/07 14:22:29
2. SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS AND REFUGEE", does it show "SPR Eligibility: Not Started What is your understanding on SPR, sponsor or PA.
3. ASSESSMENTS - Security : Not Started Criminality: Not Started, Medical: Passed - Expired
4. "HISTORY" and also "ACTIVITY" - There are 11 Application status in History and 11 Activity.
5. There are 3 notes. Notes 2; Sponsor Eligibility Decision:passed

hicks74

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-07-2015
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
Interview........
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
cicong said:
I'm suspecting CSIS takes care of all files by a first-come-first-serve basis. They then send the results to the VO - and then it is up to the VO people to input the data and update the files - and this is where some will get their PPR sooner than others who applied earlier because the VO people don't really follow any order.
Perhaps, but I have read some posts in other categories when CSIS checks have taken many months, even a year or more. People even contact CSIS to get an update but they get a generic 'the check is in progress' type message back. Many of these posts are years old, so I don't know if CSIS has improved the process or not either.