+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
I applied the electronic permanent residence file and it came today with 30 pages and 3 notes.
Note 1 : Regarding my wife name
Note 2 : I am eligibility to apply my wife. It was on April 24, 2015 which is the same story I got from the call center.
Note 3 : My daughters not included in the application

I am a bit concern on note 1. The old value is Hong Kong but the new value is Chinese province. My wife moved from China to HK 15 years ago and she is holding a HK passport. I checked my form and it was very clear I put down. There are too many acronym such as RPRF, HIRV, DHS that I don't understand in the file.

You mentioned that there is a notes in your previous sponsorship but I did not have any.
Anyone has experience.
Hi Lucas, at least you can sponsor, so that's not the problem. At this point, one can only guess.

I suggest that you ask for help from Eagle333, who supposedly has seen a lot of GCMS notes to help you. You can block out the personal information, and send it to him for him to give you some comments. (You can ask if it's ok, then email him...I think he also appreciates seeing more GCMS notes, so he gains more knowledge to help other people). You can check out another thread "GCMS notes as never explained before" and contact him. I don't think you need to worry about the acronyms.

You said you did not receive any emails to confirm that. So you confirm that Sponsorship has passed.

Let me try to walk you through a few things...this was how I read our notes.

Right in the beginning, Application: Fxxxxxxx. In this section, when was "Updated Date"? This gives an idea when the file was last touched. Then you find which section has been updated to see what the action was. In this section also, is it still "App status: Open", "App status reason: in progress"?

Then right after that, under "SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS AND REFUGEE", does it show "SPR Eligibility: Passed"? You said you never got email of SA. This is to double-check.

Then "ASSESSMENTS" which gives summary of various statuses: Eligibility, Security, Criminality, Medical. You Medical should be "passed" unless expired already. Eligibility, does it say "not started"?

Then "HISTORY" and also "ACTIVITY" sections, while there are not details here, you can see what has happened to your file, and when. Basically you can see when CIC has touched your file. If all the dates are old, then they did nothing for a long time, which hopefully you get some hints why in "NOTES" section.

Finally "NOTES" sections, this is where all the communications are. If you sent emails (but never got response), if CIC acted on them, they would put down what they did. Your MP making inquiries, they would also show up here. Any hints here?

My guess, guess only...your wife is missing some information which HKVO deemed need to be submitted before starting on her eligibility. But somehow, they have not asked you for it, so things are stuck. Your wife's situation could be the cause as you mentioned. As she did not have HK birth cert (my mom did not either, but that's because of after the war), and birth cert is required document, she would need her Hukou in China (my understanding is, Hukou is the key document in countries with Hukou system). Was that provided (I know, her Hukou would be cancelled upon immigrating to HK)? If yes, there's the difference in name spelling, so maybe that needs to be addressed somehow. And if your wife was after 18 when she moved to HK, she would also need to get her police cert from China.

Have you tried submitting a case specific inquiry to ask what's the problem and what could be missing?

Hope you sort this out soon.

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
I would like to get an update on all of your inputs.

Our original application went in Jan. 12, 2015. and we received letter on March 23, 2015 that we met the requirement for the application. My husband and I married 26 years and we filed through the Hong Kong Visa Office and thinking it will take 10 month. However we asked for the notes back in Nov. 2015 and showed nothing has been started in any of the items. We wrote to them further and we were requested to redo our medical examination which expired by Dec. of 2015. I redid the medical on Jan. 12, 2016 and submitted all the additional police reports the immigration asked for. And all were completed by end of Jan of 2016. Now we are told the process from beginning will take 17 month. Could someone tell me when they said 17 month, does it mean

• Does the 17 month means from the original application date of Jan. 12, 2015 or from the Hong Kong site of start processing my part of the application of March 30th?
I know a lot of people already got their Decision Made regardless of this 17 month. Does everyone realize and know why the process time has been change from 10 month to 17 month?

Also should I pay and ask them for another set of notes to know what is going on?

Or should I just wait and when they said 17 month, does many applicant pass this 17 month wait period?

Any suggestions?

17 month from the time or the original application of Jan. 12, 2015 or 17 month from something else?
Also

hicks74

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-07-2015
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
Interview........
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
  • rbbridge said:
    I know a lot of people already got their Decision Made regardless of this 17 month. Does everyone realize and know why the process time has been change from 10 month to 17 month?
    The CIC website says:
    Prior to December 31, 2015, processing times for many of our services were displayed by visa office. This was useful when applications for permanent or temporary residence were always processed by the nearest visa office. However, we now have the ability to move applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible. This means your application may not be processed at the office closest to where you live.

For many services, instead of asking about your nearest visa office, you are now asked for your country of residence. This provides you with a more accurate processing time. For other services, you may see a single processing time, no matter where you live. This is our commitment to process applications within that time. These processing times are updated on a weekly basis.

In addition, we redesigned the layout to be mobile friendly so that you can get the information you need anytime, on any device.
    I think the change is absolute BS. I highly doubt they are moving applications for PR from visa office to visa office. Maybe some other services can be moved, but I don't think PR can. Location, especially for interviews are important, no point processing a file for someone living in China in say, France, then trying to have the interview in HK.

At any rate, the 17 Months is still an average time for all cases worldwide. The actual time for HK is now more of a mystery than ever.

But since you have been waiting since Jan for something, you might want to get your notes, or ask your MP to investigate.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
rbbridge said:

Our original application went in Jan. 12, 2015. and we received letter on March 23, 2015 that we met the requirement for the application. My husband and I married 26 years and we filed through the Hong Kong Visa Office and thinking it will take 10 month. However we asked for the notes back in Nov. 2015 and showed nothing has been started in any of the items. We wrote to them further and we were requested to redo our medical examination which expired by Dec. of 2015. I redid the medical on Jan. 12, 2016 and submitted all the additional police reports the immigration asked for. And all were completed by end of Jan of 2016. Now we are told the process from beginning will take 17 month. Could someone tell me when they said 17 month, does it mean

• Does the 17 month means from the original application date of Jan. 12, 2015 or from the Hong Kong site of start processing my part of the application of March 30th?

Also should I pay and ask them for another set of notes to know what is going on?

Or should I just wait and when they said 17 month, does many applicant pass this 17 month wait period?

Any suggestions?

17 month from the time or the original application of Jan. 12, 2015 or 17 month from something else?
Also
Did you order another set of notes recently? Which stage are you at?

hicks74

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-07-2015
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
Interview........
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
My wife just told me that someone in a QQ group she joined, that had an interview at HKVO on March 3rd, 2016 just got their passport back today.

I don't know all the details only that there was no need for a new medical exam.

hicks74

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-07-2015
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
Interview........
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
Here is my timeline for the record:

19/05/2015 Applied
27/07/2015 AOR
21/03/2016 Interview (passed)
23/03/2016 Medical Completed (electronic submission)

And now I wait with everyone else. Reading some other threads it seems likely the hold-up is with the security clearance.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
hicks74 said:
Here is my timeline for the record:

19/05/2015 Applied
27/07/2015 AOR
21/03/2016 Interview (passed)
23/03/2016 Medical Completed (electronic submission)

And now I wait with everyone else. Reading some other threads it seems likely the hold-up is with the security clearance.
Did you read how long the hold up is?

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
rbbridge said:

Any suggestions?

Also
Hi,

Finally I have someone shared my story.
1. We filed on Feb 4, 2015
2. We married for 20 years and our daughters are Canadian studying in Canada now
3. I only got 1 email from CIC on Apr 1, 2015 AOR my application and the rest I need to call them, ask the MP to make inquiry, write to them etc.
4. So far my sponsorship to my wife is confirmed Okay but the file has been transferred to HK. Started to work on May 2015 until now Apri 2016!!!

I don't know why you submit the application to HK as it is clearly stated in CIC website that all application must go to CPC-Mississagua. The website also mentioned in last Jan there are 2 parts in the processing time.
The first part is the sponsor eligibility check which is normally 90 days and in my case is 78 days. The second part is the principle applicant eligibility check which depends on the Visa Office. Based on what you told me, it is in HKVO like me. Last Jan, the normal processing time is 7 months, then changed to 9 months in Aug 2015, later to 11 months in Oct 2015 and starting 2016 they don't bother to announce the processing time in all the Visa office. One of the reasons for the delay is they move most of the cases from BJVO to HKVO which I guess double their workload. Now, the website to check the processing time just mentioned 17 months from the date you started the application. I got the same reply from them that my case is still within the 17 months processing time. This means I cannot push them.However, this is very dangerous as HKVO was the fastest VO before only 7 months as there are other offices needs 17 to 24 months. I don't know how they come up with 17 months or they just move the cases to VO that is too fast.

Anyway, I think they screen us out for marriage for too long as there is no urgency for us to reunite in Canada. We don't need to come to give birth or they think we just come back for retire why the rush!!!

Keep me update as we are the only one here with long marriage!!

In your case is even absurd, it seems you have to start from the beginning.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
cicong said:
I'm April 7, 2015 - another applicant (late March) just received her DM last Friday. No idea why some get fast tracked (DM in 7 months) while others get screwed. An absolutely unfair process if you ask me.
Yes the whole process seems unfair. They have increased processing time to 17 months to silence critics in countries where processing was very slow earlier too. It gives license to efficient VOs to become inefficient without being answerable in any way for 17 months. It certainly doesn't reflect well on a country that takes pride in accepting thousands of refugees every year, to force families to stay separately for such long periods. The new liberal government says it is committed to uniting the families fast. Let's see when we see any tangible change for the better. What sense it makes to ask applicants to get the medicals done upfront when processing time is 17 months? Each AOR reminds us to get the medical done if not already done. It seems to make only panel doctors richer as validity of medicals is only 12 months.

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
My wife landed yesterday. :) :)

Just over 8 months from application to getting back passport with visa and COPR. She took another 2.5 months to get ready to travel and maybe get past Canadian winter shock, and still half a month before first medical expiry. Hong Kong processing was 10 months when we started, and it changed to 17 months later on. So for those still early in the process take heart and keep your hopes up that it shouldn't take 17 months waiting for Hong Kong visa office to get your application fully approved. For those of you experiencing frustrating delays or further requirements I can only wish you luck and do whatever they ask to get the process continuing, and get your notes. I will still look in on the forum.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
smoothsailing said:
My wife landed yesterday. :) :)

Just over 8 months from application to getting back passport with visa and COPR. She took another 2.5 months to get ready to travel and maybe get past Canadian winter shock, and still half a month before first medical expiry. Hong Kong processing was 10 months when we started, and it changed to 17 months later on. So for those still early in the process take heart and keep your hopes up that it shouldn't take 17 months waiting for Hong Kong visa office to get your application fully approved. For those of you experiencing frustrating delays or further requirements I can only wish you luck and do whatever they ask to get the process continuing, and get your notes. I will still look in on the forum.
Do you know how long your background check process was? - the time between the date of eligibility passed and security/criminality passed?

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
We did apply for at CPC-Mississagua for the entire package first, then they forwarded to Hong Kong as I was living in Taiwan.

I think we made a mistake regarding our application in its approaches. First we have been married so long, they do not care if we are reunited. Also we are waiting so I did not start a job in Taiwan and they think I am not actively working. I want my PR and then start to look for a job in Canada. I have some new clean energy products and I wanted to start to market once I have my PR and a permeant place to live. I think I should have applied from the USA or inside Canada, so that I can be with my family.

The MP said 17 month. And my 17 month of processing time is up. What should I do next?

Any suggestion from anyone?

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
rbbridge said:
We did apply for at CPC-Mississagua for the entire package first, then they forwarded to Hong Kong as I was living in Taiwan.

I think we made a mistake regarding our application in its approaches. First we have been married so long, they do not care if we are reunited. Also we are waiting so I did not start a job in Taiwan and they think I am not actively working. I want my PR and then start to look for a job in Canada. I have some new clean energy products and I wanted to start to market once I have my PR and a permeant place to live. I think I should have applied from the USA or inside Canada, so that I can be with my family.

The MP said 17 month. And my 17 month of processing time is up. What should I do next?

Any suggestion from anyone?
If they received your file on Jan 12, 2015, then 17 months should be May 12, 2016. You are still within their processing time. After that, you can file a request form or ask MP again.
You can bring your spouse to Canada like me and change the address. But you still need to wait for the result of this application, it would be waste to drop it now.

cece2016

Mar 8, 2016
For those who are experienced huge delays on their applications, did you get any emails from HKVO requesting additional documents in order to process the applications or nothing at all?

Ronnn

Nov 26, 2015
cece2016 said:
For those who are experienced huge delays on their applications, did you get any emails from HKVO requesting additional documents in order to process the applications or nothing at all?
I don't have huge delay.
But they did request additional document back in Feb 2016.
I submitted to them, but I have no idea whether they received it or not.
I don't even know they receive HK police cert or not.