+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

leanneg

Mar 8, 2016
cicong said:
Is it email or actual mail? Nothing for us yet :( :'(

Also, has it changed to DM?
Not sure. I haven't checked the web thing yet. It's an email sent around 8:30 AM beijing time from the HKVO requesting my passport plus two photos to be sent within 30 days upon receipt. Yours should be on the way!!!

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
leanneg said:
Not sure. I haven't checked the web thing yet. It's an email sent around 8:30 AM beijing time from the HKVO requesting my passport plus two photos to be sent within 30 days upon receipt. Yours should be on the way!!!
I'm getting paranoid that something went wrong - like didn't send email / got deleted / etc.

What day did you resubmit your additional doc / re-medical? Hopefully they will be on it next week and nothing goes wrong... ??? :-X

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
dlee_ca said:
I did not wait AOR2 issued, I applied police Cert with Sponsor's UCI and the police department send to CIC Canada. Once the AOR2 arrived, I provided the receipt to HKVO.
Hi,
One question please help, did the HK police send to CPC Mississauga, Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4 which is the address on the AOR1. As I do not have the AOR2, HK police station can only send it to Canada no HKVO based on the email of AOR1. If there is any mistake, please correct me because in Canada finger print agent gave me a form Appendix but the address is CPC - Vegreville which I believe is wrong as the original application file send to CPC Mississauga.

summersunsunfan

Jan 27, 2016
Received from HKVO today:
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear xxxxx:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, the following information and documents are required:

xxx - xxxxxx:
> Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications). This must be received at this office by: 2016/05/08

(Date format is YYYY/MM/DD)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They didn't request my passport (I live in HK). Does it mean they will ask me to get my visa in person??

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
summersunsunfan said:
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear xxxxx:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, the following information and documents are required:

xxx - xxxxxx:
> Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications). This must be received at this office by: 2016/05/08

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They didn't request my passport (I live in HK). Does it mean they will ask me to get my visa in person??
Judging from when you get your AOR2 (Feb 3 2016) this will be crazy fast if you get approved for your PR. I think IMM 3999 is an old form but I can't be sure, since it is not listed as one of the form or guideline in the CIC website. Did you forget to include the 5 photos they asked for listed in the region specific form IMM 3903E?

summersunsunfan

Jan 27, 2016
JYC said:
Judging from when you get your AOR2 (Feb 3 2016) this will be crazy fast if you get approved for your PR. I think IMM 3999 is an old form but I can't be sure, since it is not listed as one of the form or guideline in the CIC website. Did you forget to include the 5 photos they asked for listed in the region specific form IMM 3903E?
HI JYC,

I submitted the 5 photos in the first place last November. I will submit the new photos (50mmx70mm) on Monday. My husband sent me a pdf IMM 3999 E (01-2010) which includes the latest photo instruction... Not sure where he found it...

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
summersunsunfan said:
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear xxxxx:

xxx - xxxxxx:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did a bunch of people get DM today? Im starting to worry why ours wasnt a part of it...

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
summersunsunfan said:
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear xxxxx:

xxx - xxxxxx:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So they only asked for the updated specifications passport photos and nothing else? This seems to be an interim request then. It is in order for them to continue processing rather than "processing is almost complete" that was in our letter. Your spreadsheet says your passport is a Mainland passport and you say you live in Hong Kong. Hong Kong passport holders don't need a visa but since you are a Mainland passport holder living in Hong Kong you will later be asked to send (or bring in person) your passport to the Hong Kong Visa Application Centre. It seems you are not at that step yet.

summersunsunfan

Jan 27, 2016
smoothsailing said:
So they only asked for the updated specifications passport photos and nothing else? This seems to be an interim request then. It is in order for them to continue processing rather than "processing is almost complete" that was in our letter. Your spreadsheet says your passport is a Mainland passport and you say you live in Hong Kong. Hong Kong passport holders don't need a visa but since you are a Mainland passport holder living in Hong Kong you will later be asked to send (or bring in person) your passport to the Hong Kong Visa Application Centre. It seems you are not at that step yet.
Yes they only asked for the passport photo. Thank you smoothsailing for the explanation :)

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016(police clearance request. PC sent to HKVO on 30-03-2016)
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
24-02-2015, 16-03-2016(redo)
Interview........
08-03-2016 (Approved at interview)
Passport Req..
No ppr(HK passport holder)
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016(COPR, no visa needed)
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
cicong said:
Did a bunch of people get DM today? Im starting to worry why ours wasnt a part of it...
Mine still in process.. :(