+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
cheng9999 said:
Eagles made some comments in another discussion about GCMS notes, that CIC will use multiple ways/agencies to do the security check, depending on the person's history, nationality, etc.

I guess it really depends...and life is not fair in a sense...some people in some parts of the world deemed to be "less complicated" may likely get security check completed faster. And we do see many people with very fast cases, some in 4-5 months from start to finish.

It looks like a common thing CIC does is run it by the US agencies...it's also in my wife's and it came back "negative". She has never been to the US nor has any association with anything remotely American. This was done way in the beginning according to GCMS notes and not after passing eligibility. I don't know if this helps.
Thanks for your info. My wife studied in the states and we had to wait many months for the FBI report that showed she has no criminal record. They do, however, have better customer service than the Canadian side when you call to inquire.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
smoothsailing said:
Look at page 158 in this Hong Kong thread. I and Benitaagogo both advised you that your application seemed far too rushed. It seems you still sent it in the next day. It is not surprising to me it got returned. Spend many more hours checking every detail this time, starting with imm1344 but going through every other form and step in the guides.
Can't agree with you more!!

Hukou should be translated and "notarized" , like smoothsailing said, don't rush, otherwise you may live in regrets. You should gather every documents as required and carefully look through the guide and follow the instructions before submitting a incomplete application, this is not school assignment.

If you wanna ask for help on the forum then take the advise from people who have been through the process, if you just didn't do your study of the immigration process and threw a bunch of basic questions but did not listen to people's reply afterwards, you are taking other people's help for granted then don't waste their time to respond to your questions .

Now you forgot to attache the IMM1344 form (you said you've double checked the check list????) and came back to the forum crying for help again, this could have been avoided IF YOU HAD LISTENED AT THE FIRST PLACE.

20 is young yet old enough to be taken as a adult, mature up!

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
I called many times but only once did I ask if I am eligible. But she only check her mails not call the office. I will call again to verify. The rest of the story is correct.
You mentioned your notes has pointed out about your parent sponsorship status after you got the SA email letter of approval. Did the notes put the word approve. Can you advise which case sponsor rejected and need to pay back the welfare again.
Thanks
[/quote
Hi Cheng and everybody - please help urgent.
I want to apply no criminal record for my wife in Hong Kong police station. They agree to do it based on the AOR1 while my wife can do the finger print in Canada, no need to good to HK.
Sounds very good but today while I asked my friend to hand over the application letter to Hong Kong Police station, they ask where should this record send to.
If my understanding is correct it should be HKVO as the file has transferred to them. But Hong Kong police station told us that if this is wrong, they will not send another one to Missagua office. This is serious.
Since I have no AOR2 nor the notes request do to it, I do not know if it should go to HKVO or Misssagua office.
Kindly assist.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cicong said:
It's not finished, still at the background check stage, so yes, it is still "IN PROCESS".
Hi,
When did you apply? How many days ago before you got the reply?
I applied on March 26, 2016
Thansk

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
I called many times but only once did I ask if I am eligible. But she only check her mails not call the office. I will call again to verify. The rest of the story is correct.
You mentioned your notes has pointed out about your parent sponsorship status after you got the SA email letter of approval. Did the notes put the word approve. Can you advise which case sponsor rejected and need to pay back the welfare again.
Thanks
[/quote
Hi Cheng and everybody - please help urgent.
I want to apply no criminal record for my wife in Hong Kong police station. They agree to do it based on the AOR1 while my wife can do the finger print in Canada, no need to good to HK.
Sounds very good but today while I asked my friend to hand over the application letter to Hong Kong Police station, they ask where should this record send to.
If my understanding is correct it should be HKVO as the file has transferred to them. But Hong Kong police station told us that if this is wrong, they will not send another one to Missagua office. This is serious.
Since I have no AOR2 nor the notes request do to it, I do not know if it should go to HKVO or Misssagua office.
Kindly assist.
My understanding is that the police record should be sent to the VO, not Mississauga. If you read these sections or search the forum, you should be able to find out people asking for and submitting HK police cert.

Our AOR2 was deleted, and I only saw the contents in GCMS notes. It says "if you have not already done so, submit police certs...", which would basically mean to the VO and not CIC, since the request came from the VO.

That said, would it hurt you if you wait for 2 more weeks for you to receive notes first? That way you find out the real problem of your application. If at this time police cert is not needed yet but you need to fix something else first, it may expire before everything is resolved and you have to do it again. It looks like HK Police will give you more problems as they do not want to do this twice.

dlee_ca

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015/05
AOR Received.
2015/07
File Transfer...
2015/09
Med's Done....
2015/08
VISA ISSUED...
2016/02
LANDED..........
2016/06
lucaskclai said:
Hi,
When did you apply? How many days ago before you got the reply?
I applied on March 26, 2016
Thansk
Police Cert sent to either HKVO or CIC Canada is OK, the most import is UCI is correct, the office staff will match to your case.

AOR2 asked applicants to sent to HKVO, but, the police department sent mine one to CIC Canada.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
dlee_ca said:
Police Cert sent to either HKVO or CIC Canada is OK, the most import is UCI is correct, the office staff will match to your case.

AOR2 asked applicants to sent to HKVO, but, the police department sent mine one to CIC Canada.
Hi,

I phoned the Polic department the officer Mr.Lau and the assistant told me there is a difference between sending to HKVO and CIC Canada.
They said that I must confirm the address to send as HK police will not send again.
I call CIC Canada if the file is in HKVO, the no criminal record should go to HKVO. I don't know if it sent to CIC Canada it will slow down the process.
Same question as the Medical exam. There is no need to put the UIC or application number as informed by the doctor here in Toronto. They said it will go to the web site for the officer to check.
Lucas

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
My understanding is that the police record should be sent to the VO, not Mississauga. If you read these sections or search the forum, you should be able to find out people asking for and submitting HK police cert.

Our AOR2 was deleted, and I only saw the contents in GCMS notes. It says "if you have not already done so, submit police certs...", which would basically mean to the VO and not CIC, since the request came from the VO.

That said, would it hurt you if you wait for 2 more weeks for you to receive notes first? That way you find out the real problem of your application. If at this time police cert is not needed yet but you need to fix something else first, it may expire before everything is resolved and you have to do it again. It looks like HK Police will give you more problems as they do not want to do this twice.
Hi Cheng,
Latest information from CIC call centre. Despite all the worries and frustration, I called again this morning and this time I asked the specific question about the approval of my sponsorship.
The reply is yes and already email to me on April 23, 2015 which I never receive. This is the same date as my MP provided in his email that "the application is complete and has been finalized on April 23, 2015". As they did not use the word approve, I asked if it has been approved to the CIC call centre. Call centre is going to ask them to re-send the email but I will only get it 6 weeks from now.
For all who is suffering the same, please take this into serious consideration and act properly.
It is quite possible that my wife email also got lost as we never receive AOR2 to apply police check. I think it is better to send out now the police check.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
dlee_ca said:

Hi,

When you received AOR2, you already got the UCI for the Principal Applicant. I suppose you gave this number to the HK Police department to send it out.
In my case, I never receive the AOR2 hence there is only the application number but not the UCI number. Do you think I should wait for the AOR2 with the UCI number for my wife to send it out.

Thanks

dlee_ca

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015/05
AOR Received.
2015/07
File Transfer...
2015/09
Med's Done....
2015/08
VISA ISSUED...
2016/02
LANDED..........
2016/06
lucaskclai said:
Hi,

When you received AOR2, you already got the UCI for the Principal Applicant. I suppose you gave this number to the HK Police department to send it out.
In my case, I never receive the AOR2 hence there is only the application number but not the UCI number. Do you think I should wait for the AOR2 with the UCI number for my wife to send it out.

Thanks
I did not wait AOR2 issued, I applied police Cert with Sponsor's UCI and the police department send to CIC Canada. Once the AOR2 arrived, I provided the receipt to HKVO.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
dlee_ca said:
I did not wait AOR2 issued, I applied police Cert with Sponsor's UCI and the police department send to CIC Canada. Once the AOR2 arrived, I provided the receipt to HKVO.
Thanks

leanneg

Mar 8, 2016
Dko said:
Congrats! Is the letter requesting you to mail your passport to the Beijing VAC within 30days?
Correct. Passport plus two photos. And depends on where the applicant currently live, in my case, it's Ottawa VO. :)