+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

David9245

Jan 9, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I made an inquiry to the Hong Kong's visa office about the state of my application and got response from the Beijing Canadian Embassy telling me my file is in queue for review. Does this mean my file has been transferred to Beijing? Lastly, I am one of those 2014 applicant still waiting to hear from them in regards to my eligibility, though last GCSM says review required since July 2014. Can anyone make sense of this?

Note: I initially requested my application be processed at the Beijing office but they transferred it to Hong Kong straight from CIC in missisagau

dlee_ca

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015/05
AOR Received.
2015/07
File Transfer...
2015/09
Med's Done....
2015/08
VISA ISSUED...
2016/02
LANDED..........
2016/06
sashali78 said:
No one can know for sure, CIC work is unpredictable, sometimes they accelerate processing, sometimes it stuck on last stages for months. Order your GCMS, that's the best way to know what has been completed and what's not on your file.
Thank you for your advise. Just go to ATIP online to pay CAD$5 to see what going-on.

bigzerg

Jan 7, 2015
tryee said:
I was reading elsewhere. It says normally two weeks for Ottawa to send your passport back. I don't think visited visa has anything to do with the ppr process.
Thanks. 2 weeks should do perfectly in my case.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
tryee said:
I think they are opening the cases by whoever submit their app first. No?? I'm not sure. Just assumed it that way.
No. Haven't. But maybe soon. How about you?
I have. That is what got me irritated. While many who submitted theirs a month or two after mine have already received their decisions, mine says the process has not started ...aka they havent even opened it yet and is still waiting in queue. I know the process in Canada (Mississauga) for sponsorship is very fair as it is completely based on first come first serve. The process at the HK Office, however, seems to be not consistent.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
cicong said:
I have. That is what got me irritated. While many who submitted theirs a month or two after mine have already received their decisions, mine says the process has not started ...aka they havent even opened it yet and is still waiting in queue. I know the process in Canada (Mississauga) for sponsorship is very fair as it is completely based on first come first serve. The process at the HK Office, however, seems to be not consistent.

Hmmm. Idk whats going on. Maybe shoot them an email and see?

cutietal.

Aug 19, 2015
cicong said:
You are no the only one ><
i submitted mine in Dec 2014 and i believed it hasnt been started processing yet at this point.
i ordered note back to Nov 2015 and nothing was shown.
my agent sent the case inquiry and they just replied "it is on queue of being processed".
Im planning to go to the MP office directly next week to see if they can help since their office just newly opened on Jan 4.

a.lolo

Oct 28, 2015
cicong said:
Hi, first-timer here... From my experience the HK office definitely does not process cases on a first come first serve basis. This is my timeline:

Application received on Dec 3 2014
AOR from HK office - March 2 2015

My status online has been "In process" since then. According to the spreadsheet most people who applied at the same time or after I submitted have received their PR. Been sending emails to the HK office every month since October to follow up but all they've told me is "your application is in queue for review", until yesterday I got an email from them saying that my application has been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in HK for further processing and they require a 2nd medical exam since mine expired and police check certificate within 30 days.

I also received my GCSM notes just last week. It looks like they haven't even touched my application since it arrived in HK in March 2015. I got annoyed and sent them another email to follow up. I don't know if my follow-up email had anything to do with the email that I got yesterday asking for further documents.

My work's been put on hold for months because of this. Very frustrating but what can you do. You're not alone in this. Keep following up and hope for the best!!

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Just got email advising wife to go to HK for interview on March 1. That is about 11 months since we sent our appl".

They say bring all following documents (etc) unless they were included in our original application. So, what should wife take with her?
1- Passport
2- Get an interpreter
3- Copy of my Passport, all pages (not sure if we included all pages before) to show travel
4- All recent communications from QQ
5- New photos we sent each other ( like of flowers i sent her for birthdays)
6- Do they want an up to date Notice of Income from Canada Revenue
7- Any other ideas?

Please wish us good luck
wjmund

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
tryee said:
Hmmm. Idk whats going on. Maybe shoot them an email and see?
Emailing them is always useless. After a month of sending those emails, they will return a generic response. :mad:

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
cutietal. said:
You are no the only one ><
i submitted mine in Dec 2014 and i believed it hasnt been started processing yet at this point.
i ordered note back to Nov 2015 and nothing was shown.
my agent sent the case inquiry and they just replied "it is on queue of being processed".
Im planning to go to the MP office directly next week to see if they can help since their office just newly opened on Jan 4.
Yes, that seems like the right thing to do. The entire overseas assessment process is enshrouded in a dark cloud and lacks transparency and fairness. I emailed my MP 2 days ago, and still have not received any response. If he doesn't respond in a few more days, I will give him a call. These politicians when they want your vote, they will not hesitate to ring your doorbell, but when they are in office, they are too "busy" to return messages.

cutietal.

Aug 19, 2015
a.lolo said:
Hi, first-timer here... From my experience the HK office definitely does not process cases on a first come first serve basis. This is my timeline:

Application received on Dec 3 2014
AOR from HK office - March 2 2015

My status online has been "In process" since then. According to the spreadsheet most people who applied at the same time or after I submitted have received their PR. Been sending emails to the HK office every month since October to follow up but all they've told me is "your application is in queue for review", until yesterday I got an email from them saying that my application has been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in HK for further processing and they require a 2nd medical exam since mine expired and police check certificate within 30 days.

I also received my GCSM notes just last week. It looks like they haven't even touched my application since it arrived in HK in March 2015. I got annoyed and sent them another email to follow up. I don't know if my follow-up email had anything to do with the email that I got yesterday asking for further documents.

My work's been put on hold for months because of this. Very frustrating but what can you do. You're not alone in this. Keep following up and hope for the best!!
I just received mine today regarding my medical exam and police clearance.
Im currently in toronto and try to get it done asap, however the earliest date of the exam would be on the 27th ><
anyway, at least they have opened my file....

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
You have to stay on the top of your file. I got my GCSM and they have not done anything. I wrote back to them and I am also writing to my MP. I will see that I am doing what I need to keep things moving.

jmo1968

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 10 March 2015/AOR2:21 April 2015
File Transfer...
12 March 2015
Med's Done....
13 Aug 2014
Finally got my COPR hard copy in my mailbox , whole thing took almost a year . Thanks everyone for the help!

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
jmo1968 said:
Finally got my COPR hard copy in my mailbox , whole thing took almost a year . Thanks everyone for the help!
Congratulations! It's another nightmare for waiting PR card. It takes many months to get it

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
bukeluke said:
Congratulations! It's another nightmare for waiting PR card. It takes many months to get it
Yea.......I've booked a flight home in May, hopefully I will get the card before then, it seems like only people landed in early October have got the cards recently.