+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Doesnt HK Office look at applications based on a first come first serve basis? Does anyone have an insight into this? I have already wrote to my MP asking about this, so hopefully he will respond soon.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicong said:
Doesnt HK Office look at applications based on a first come first serve basis? Does anyone have an insight into this? I have already wrote to my MP asking about this, so hopefully he will respond soon.
Generally yes, but practically not that much.
The order will be messed up due to missing documents/additional requests for some applicants, or if 2nd review/interview required for others. Also, each case assigned for specific visa officers, some move through their pile faster than others as their specific cases vary.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
sashali78 said:
Generally yes, but practically not that much.
The order will be messed up due to missing documents/additional requests for some applicants, or if 2nd review/interview required for others. Also, each case assigned for specific visa officers, some move through their pile faster than others as their specific cases vary.
Maybe the latter is possible for my case. They haven't even started to look at my files yet, while others have received their decisions after submitting their applications more than a month after me.

duriandidi

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
Do they send PPR to the applicant or sponsor?

duriandidi

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
sashali78 said:
PPR is for applicant, all communication beyond sponsorship part goes to the PA/applicant.
Is it through mail or email? if mail, does it send to the current address of the applicant?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duriandidi said:
Is it through mail or email? if mail, does it send to the current address of the applicant?
If you have provided an email, it will be sent to email address on the application. Otherwise on the registered address. As i mentioned above, after sponsorship part have been approved, all further communication goes to the principal applicant and not the sponsor.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
cicong said:
Maybe the latter is possible for my case. They haven't even started to look at my files yet, while others have received their decisions after submitting their applications more than a month after me.
You are not the only one, just try to be positive and patient. It comes whenever it's the right time. Everyone has different situations so you can't really use first come and first serve rule. Just hanging there. Life goes on.

bigzerg

Jan 7, 2015
Would anyone know how long it takes for CPP Ottawa to return the passport? My wife's case was approved by HKVO but since my wife is in Canada as visitor, we want to send the passport to Ottawa. Is the visitor visa process time on cic website applicable in this case? Thanks.

zbon

Jan 12, 2016
They would send the COPR to the applicant's 'mailing address' not their 'current address' correct?

Strange, I could have sworn we provided an email address but we have received no email following the 'decision made.'

For reference:

Taiwan applicant

App sent: 05-26-15
AOR1: 07-04-15
AOR2: 08-11-15
DM: 01-06-16

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
zbon said:
They would send the COPR to the applicant's 'mailing address' not their 'current address' correct?

Strange, I could have sworn we provided an email address but we have received no email following the 'decision made.'

For reference:

Taiwan applicant

App sent: 05-26-15
AOR1: 07-04-15
AOR2: 08-11-15
DM: 01-06-16
Hi zbon! Welcome to the forum, another Taiwan applicant !! :) And congrats on your DM, would you please add your timeline to our spreadsheet? We need more Taiwanese applicants' timeline for the future applicants to take as references.

Here's the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eOaxOWPSTJxIFaEYCcAYBAbzv62DPAUH9hYXZ3jSvfI/edit#gid=972172818

To your question, yes, COPR will be mailed to the mailing address, and HKVO will not send you any correspondence email of the second DM, you may be required to take new photos when you get the COPR though.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
tryee said:
You are not the only one, just try to be positive and patient. It comes whenever it's the right time. Everyone has different situations so you can't really use first come and first serve rule. Just hanging there. Life goes on.
Then the way they do it is inherently flawed. I'm not saying decisions should be made on a first come first serve basis - rather the order in which they start to open the application should be based on a first come first serve. I'm fine with waiting as long as the process is fair like the line-up at the rollercoaster rides. ::)

Btw, did you get a GCMS yet?

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
cicong said:
Then the way they do it is inherently flawed. I'm not saying decisions should be made on a first come first serve basis - rather the order in which they start to open the application should be based on a first come first serve. I'm fine with waiting as long as the process is fair like the line-up at the rollercoaster rides. ::)

Btw, did you get a GCMS yet?
I think they are opening the cases by whoever submit their app first. No?? I'm not sure. Just assumed it that way.
No. Haven't. But maybe soon. How about you?

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
bigzerg said:
Would anyone know how long it takes for CPP Ottawa to return the passport? My wife's case was approved by HKVO but since my wife is in Canada as visitor, we want to send the passport to Ottawa. Is the visitor visa process time on cic website applicable in this case? Thanks.
I was reading elsewhere. It says normally two weeks for Ottawa to send your passport back. I don't think visited visa has anything to do with the ppr process.