Hong Kong timeline

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutietal. said:
:mad: :'( What a great news!

Just received my note today...feeling so sad and frustrated now...
it seems nobody has even touched my file since March.
The last activity was in July and everything shown "not started" except medical which is going to expire couple days later...

Contacted my agent and see what he will suggest me to do ><
Im thinking of doing another med....
Contact your MP. Although it has not been yet 11 months since your process have started it is very close to it and MP inquiry may initiate some movement on your file. And yes, doing another medical would be probably a good idea and will save you some time afterwards.

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sashali78 said:
Contact your MP. Although it has not been yet 11 months since your process have started it is very close to it and MP inquiry may initiate some movement on your file. And yes, doing another medical would be probably a good idea and will save you some time afterwards.
Hi sashali78, you are very knowledgeable about the sponsorship process. I have a question hope you know the answer. Why some people who just got DM last week received PPR email today, while I received DM at the end of Oct but still no PPR or any response? Is it due to the way that different VO handles the case differently? I mean some VOs sent PPR right after DM, but some sent PPR while he/she completed hole pile of applications? I'm nervous and also frustrated. Thank you in advance!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
braveblade said:
Hi sashali78, you are very knowledgeable about the sponsorship process. I have a question hope you know the answer. Why some people who just got DM last week received PPR email today, while I received DM at the end of Oct but still no PPR or any response? Is it due to the way that different VO handles the case differently? I mean some VOs sent PPR right after DM, but some sent PPR while he/she completed hole pile of applications? I'm nervous and also frustrated. Thank you in advance!
There are definitely big gaps between how different VOs operate, some are even asking for passport before decision is being made.
For HKVO, i believe there is an additional complexity which lies with the fact that it handles applications from both mainland China, Taiwan and HK - this way it creates a 2-step process, where the passport request will not necessarily be generated from the same office which makes decision on your case (for example HKVO makes decision and Beijing VAC process the immigrant visa).
But this is just my "educated guess" as neither I or anyone else could really know what really is going on in there...

vanhk

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-09-2014(1st) 22-08-2015(2nd)
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Decision Made 13-11-2015

vinsss

Jun 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2015
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-03-2016
shama0724 said:
Yes,I m totally covered by MSP and i didn't need to pay
there's 2 conditions need to be met tho: 1. Have to stay for at least 3 months 2. The first stage of PR application is being approved

for the driving license, really? since i m still in visitor status, i thought i cannot learn driving / study .
Hi shama0724 ,

can you pleaes advise what do you mean by "the first stage of PR application is being approved" I got a letter from immigration canada of hong kong. saying my file has been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing. and they are requesting for additional document. Is this consider as the "first stage of PR being approved". and Yes i got my sponsor approved.

Yes you can get a driver license even you are a visitor. my wife just got one 2 weeks ago.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
littlemeatball said:
Hi tryee, I was just checking the Hong Kong timeline spreadsheet and saw that you never received AOR2 from the Hong Kong office? I am asking this because we had never received AOR2 from Hong Kong.
I'm not sure about aor2. My rep is doing all the stuff for me so they don't really keep me updated unless I ask them or they need anything from me. So I'm really not sure if they send me one or not.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tryee said:
I'm not sure about aor2. My rep is doing all the stuff for me so they don't really keep me updated unless I ask them or they need anything from me. So I'm really not sure if they send me one or not.
That's one of the downsides of dealing with CIc through a 3rd party. You should check with your rep what documents he sent and whether AOR2 was received. Not trying to scare you but ultimately, you are the one responsible for your applications and documents/forms which were submitted to CIC.
One would assume that immigration lawyer/consultants know what they are doing but its not always the case...

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
vinsss said:
Hi shama0724 ,

can you pleaes advise what do you mean by "the first stage of PR application is being approved" I got a letter from immigration canada of hong kong. saying my file has been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing. and they are requesting for additional document. Is this consider as the "first stage of PR being approved". and Yes i got my sponsor approved.

Yes you can get a driver license even you are a visitor. my wife just got one 2 weeks ago.
What doc need to show in order to get driver license? Need to show SA letter? What province U from?

vanhk

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-09-2014(1st) 22-08-2015(2nd)
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Decision Made 13-11-2015
cutietal. said:
:mad: :'( What a great news!

Just received my note today...feeling so sad and frustrated now...
it seems nobody has even touched my file since March.
The last activity was in July and everything shown "not started" except medical which is going to expire couple days later...

Contacted my agent and see what he will suggest me to do ><
Im thinking of doing another med....
contact your mp!

smile1212

Oct 28, 2014
Hi friends, just to share my case as reference and wonder if anyone has reference for my questions below.
My husband sponsor me and we apply outside of Canada. I did my medical check back in Nov 2014 when I submitted my application.
My application was transferred to HK VO in March this year. Then in late August, I was requested to provide the Police Cert. and also to provide evidence of our plan moving to Canada (for example house hunting trip).
In late October, I was requested to do medical check within 30 days. I have scheduled the check in mid Nov.

my question, should I expect the next step after medical check is done again will be asking for my passport?
anyone has idea on how long VO will keep my passport before I get the COPR? one week? it is because I have frequent travel in my current job, I just want to be prepared if I may not have my passport due to this. I hope to try to estimate the timeline of roughly when I may get to final approval and get the COPR.

thanks for any reference.

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
smile1212 said:
Hi friends, just to share my case as reference and wonder if anyone has reference for my questions below.
My husband sponsor me and we apply outside of Canada. I did my medical check back in Nov 2014 when I submitted my application.
My application was transferred to HK VO in March this year. Then in late August, I was requested to provide the Police Cert. and also to provide evidence of our plan moving to Canada (for example house hunting trip).
In late October, I was requested to do medical check within 30 days. I have scheduled the check in mid Nov.

my question, should I expect the next step after medical check is done again will be asking for my passport?
anyone has idea on how long VO will keep my passport before I get the COPR? one week? it is because I have frequent travel in my current job, I just want to be prepared if I may not have my passport due to this. I hope to try to estimate the timeline of roughly when I may get to final approval and get the COPR.

Have your status changed to DM?

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
smile1212 said:

Your case is similar to mine in terms of the sequence of events. After I submitted my re-medical in mid-Aug and Police cert in beginning of Sep, I got DM in the beginning of Nov. I am still waiting for PPR email. Based on the spreadsheet of others' timelines, it seems like it will take between 2 days and 1 month to get PPR. After you submit the photos and passport (if required), it will take between 2 and 4 weeks to get COPR (based on the timeline of others again). Of course, some VO process it faster and some slower.

vinsss

Jun 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2015
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-03-2016
bukeluke said:
What doc need to show in order to get driver license? Need to show SA letter? What province U from?
i am from ontario, i only provided the HK ID, HK Passport, Credit card

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
vinsss said:
i am from ontario, i only provided the HK ID, HK Passport, Credit card
Thanks a lot! Not sure same apply to BC. Let me try.

smile1212

Oct 28, 2014
Hi ymsever
Just to see if I understand correctly.
it means you did 2nd medical check, 2 more months later then status changed to DM on Nov 2. Based on others cases from DM, still need to wait ranges from 2 days to one month to get PPR?
You said still waiting for PPR and it is already Nov 12 today - ten days after your status changed DM.

My status still shows In Process. My 2nd medical check will be Nov 14.

Thanks .