Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
shama0724 said:
sorry, yeah i didn't explain my situation.

My husband is a Canadian who born in Canada, worked in HK for several years and in April 2015 he was being relocated back to Canada while i was 4th months pregnant. We submitted Outland application (via hk office) at early April and we had arrived Canada at the end of April.
On July 1, had stayed in Canada for more than 3 months and the first stage of sponsorship also been approved, MSP is covered.

Gave birth in early sept and did a medical exam in Vancouver in early Oct....
I had checked the CIC website for the status, but seems they still haven't received my medical exam result yet.

I don't have the driving license in hk either, so definitely need to learn driving here. So when can i start learning ? It's quite inconvenient, especially I have a baby now

Plus, does anyone know is it very common to have the interview with CIC officer recently? If yes, i think i really need to apply the passport for my baby quickly as he probably need to come to HK with me.

Thanks!! :)
Do you mean you covered by msp? Or just your husband? If you give birth in canada, you need to pay

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
bukeluke said:
Do you mean you covered by msp? Or just your husband? If you give birth in canada, you need to pay
Just checked eCAS that status just changed to DM. Seems it's not really update every Tues as I checked on Tues/Wed EST still IP. See when I will receive PPR or CoPR.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bukeluke said:
Just checked eCAS that status just changed to DM. Seems it's not really update every Tues as I checked on Tues/Wed EST still IP. See when I will receive PPR or CoPR.
Congrats. Yes, eCAS can change any day.

cutietal.

Aug 19, 2015
bukeluke said:
Congrat!!!
I believe you will receive PPR next week!

Mine is still nothing at all...><
I should receive my note by next week...let's see!

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutietal. said:
Congrat!!!
I believe you will receive PPR next week!

Mine is still nothing at all...><
I should receive my note by next week...let's see!
In my case, 11 days have passed since DM. Still no ppr...

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
bukeluke said:
Congrats! I am still waiting for PPR as well.

shama0724

Feb 15, 2015
bukeluke said:
Yes,I m totally covered by MSP and i didn't need to pay
there's 2 conditions need to be met tho: 1. Have to stay for at least 3 months 2. The first stage of PR application is being approved

for the driving license, really? since i m still in visitor status, i thought i cannot learn driving / study .

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
shama0724 said:
there's 2 conditions need to be met tho: 1. Have to stay for at least 3 months 2. The first stage of PR application is being approved

for the driving license, really? since i m still in visitor status, i thought i cannot learn driving / study .
Really? I thought only apply thru inland could apply MSP. What I need to provide in order to be covered by msp? Do you mean I can apply after stayed 3 months, or I can apply when arrive Vancouver even not getting CoPR. Please advise as I will arrive Vancouver next week. Thanks a lot!

shama0724

Feb 15, 2015
bukeluke said:
Really? I thought only apply thru inland could apply MSP. What I need to provide in order to be covered by msp? Do you mean I can apply after stayed 3 months, or I can apply when arrive Vancouver even not getting CoPR. Please advise as I will arrive Vancouver next week. Thanks a lot!
we thought i won't be covered too but after we had a consultation with the immigrant consultant, they all said i can be covered
As for me, the cost of giving birth can be massive, so we hired the consultant to do the immigration paper as we cannot bear any risk.
For the MSP, we applied once we arrived vancouver, once i got the first stage approval letter, MSP start kicking in.
so you can try to apply MSP once u arrived and once u got the first stage approval letter / email, u can just mail to MSP right away.

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
shama0724 said:
we thought i won't be covered too but after we had a consultation with the immigrant consultant, they all said i can be covered
As for me, the cost of giving birth can be massive, so we hired the consultant to do the immigration paper as we cannot bear any risk.
For the MSP, we applied once we arrived vancouver, once i got the first stage approval letter, MSP start kicking in.
so you can try to apply MSP once u arrived and once u got the first stage approval letter / email, u can just mail to MSP right away.
What doc I need to show/attach when apply MsP? I already got SA, and decision made in eCAS. Is that I can just attached sponsorship approval letter? Please help. Thanks!

jmo1968

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 10 March 2015/AOR2:21 April 2015
File Transfer...
12 March 2015
Med's Done....
13 Aug 2014
bukeluke said:
What doc I need to show/attach when apply MsP? I already got SA, and decision made in eCAS. Is that I can just attached sponsorship approval letter? Please help. Thanks!
I think this may help:
--------------------------
Adding Your Spouse and/or Your Children to Your Account

If you are covered by your employer, union or pension plan, contact your benefits office for the appropriate form. If you look after your own coverage, you can obtain an MSP Account Change Form (HLTH 203) online (online submission or PDF version - 586KB), by visiting a Service BC counter, or by contacting Health Insurance BC.

Most immigration documents, when submitted with the required MSP application, provide sufficient information for Health Insurance BC to determine whether a person qualifies for benefits. There are circumstances, however, where additional documentation is required. If, for example, a spouse/child has visitor status in Canada and his/her papers do not state “Case Type 17” or provide any other indication that permanent resident status has been applied for, the MSP application should be submitted with copies of as many of the following as possible:

a photocopy of any immigration document he/she may hold
any relevant letters issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
proof that the application fee for permanent resident status has been paid to CIC online or through a financial institution
the identity page of the spouse/child’s passport and any other pages stamped by CIC or the Canada Border Services Agency
a copy of the spouse/child’s birth certificate if he/she is a United States citizen.
pages one and two from the CIC e-Client Applications Status website showing the receipt date of the application and when the application was accepted for processing.
The above documentation from CIC is required in order for Health Insurance BC to determine eligibility and when, if appropriate, coverage should begin.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/are-you-eligible/applicants-for-permanent-resident-status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
shama0724 said:

You can study and work for sure as my agent said. However, not sure if you can get driver license as never heard.

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any recent DM (or old DM) received PPR today? Got DM 2 weeks ago but no response from HKVO. So frustrated...

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
jmo1968 said:
I think this may help:
--------------------------
Adding Your Spouse and/or Your Children to Your Account

If you are covered by your employer, union or pension plan, contact your benefits office for the appropriate form. If you look after your own coverage, you can obtain an MSP Account Change Form (HLTH 203) online (online submission or PDF version - 586KB), by visiting a Service BC counter, or by contacting Health Insurance BC.

Most immigration documents, when submitted with the required MSP application, provide sufficient information for Health Insurance BC to determine whether a person qualifies for benefits. There are circumstances, however, where additional documentation is required. If, for example, a spouse/child has visitor status in Canada and his/her papers do not state “Case Type 17” or provide any other indication that permanent resident status has been applied for, the MSP application should be submitted with copies of as many of the following as possible:

a photocopy of any immigration document he/she may hold
any relevant letters issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
proof that the application fee for permanent resident status has been paid to CIC online or through a financial institution
the identity page of the spouse/child’s passport and any other pages stamped by CIC or the Canada Border Services Agency
a copy of the spouse/child’s birth certificate if he/she is a United States citizen.
pages one and two from the CIC e-Client Applications Status website showing the receipt date of the application and when the application was accepted for processing.
The above documentation from CIC is required in order for Health Insurance BC to determine eligibility and when, if appropriate, coverage should begin.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/are-you-eligible/applicants-for-permanent-resident-status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks JMO1968, the info is really helpful. Let you know if I can apply successfully.

shama0724

Feb 15, 2015
bukeluke said:
You can study and work for sure as my agent said. However, not sure if you can get driver license as never heard.
oh! really ????? thanks! i will check with my consultant as well.
it will be awesome if i can do it now.