+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Hello Everyone

Last week, in the Ecas, we got a new line "we started processing your application on PR Side.

And yesterday we received AOR2 email from hongkong visa office.

In the AOR2 Email, it states some of the docs that they need in order to process the application, like the Medical test, police certificate, household register, right of PR fees. etc...

However, we submitted all of that documents already...we paid all the fees. In the Ecas, the PR side even showed that Medical result received.

Is this just a standard email to everyone? or is it a document request email?

I am confused, please advice. Thank you so much !!!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SkyOcean said:
Hello Everyone

Last week, in the Ecas, we got a new line "we started processing your application on PR Side.

And yesterday we received AOR2 email from hongkong visa office.

In the AOR2 Email, it states some of the docs that they need in order to process the application, like the Medical test, police certificate, household register, right of PR fees. etc...

However, we submitted all of that documents already...we paid all the fees. In the Ecas, the PR side even showed that Medical result received.

Is this just a standard email to everyone? or is it a document request email?

I am confused, please advice. Thank you so much !!!
This is just a standardized AOR2 email. You should provide them just with the documentation which is still missing or needs correction.

duriandidi

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
sashali78 said:
Seems like you just got an AOR2, congrats. If you already provided them with the requested documents you don't need to provide those again - part of this email is just a generic repky. However, history since age of 18 is a requirement and failing to provide it may delay your file and put your application through further scrutiny.
I have a question. Do they mean that I need to update my personal history as in Question 8 Personal History of IMM5669? Because the Question 7 Education does cover my wife personal history.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duriandidi said:
I have a question. Do they mean that I need to update my personal history as in Question 8 Personal History of IMM5669? Because the Question 7 Education does cover my wife personal history.
IMM5669 form must be completed only by the principal applicant, i.e. the sponsored person. It has to cover all personal history from age 18.
Now I am a bit confused, rrom your longer post, i understand that your wife is the principal application and that she had a difficulty to fill in all of the required information since age 18 due to lack of space in the form? If that is the case, you must use additional piece of paper, label it with the form #/question # you are replying to and include there the missing information. You, the sponsor, do not need to complete IMM5669 or any personal history since age 18. Does that answer your question?

duriandidi

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
sashali78 said:
IMM5669 form must be completed only by the principal applicant, i.e. the sponsored person. It has to cover all personal history from age 18.
Now I am a bit confused, rrom your longer post, i understand that your wife is the principal application and that she had a difficulty to fill in all of the required information since age 18 due to lack of space in the form? If that is the case, you must use additional piece of paper, label it with the form #/question # you are replying to and include there the missing information. You, the sponsor, do not need to complete IMM5669 or any personal history since age 18. Does that answer your question?
Actually the IMM5669 only ask for (Question 8) personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent. Thy why it is very confusing. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf

duriandidi

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
sashali78 said:
Correct, and I agree it is confusing. Nevertheless many VOs ask to update information since age 18.
Alright, I wonder why they don't just put it in the form. I will just mail it in.

Yuapyuap

Jul 30, 2015
sashali78 said:
Seems like you just got an AOR2, congrats. If you already provided them with the requested documents you don't need to provide those again - part of this email is just a generic repky. However, history since age of 18 is a requirement and failing to provide it may delay your file and put your application through further scrutiny.
Thanks a lot sashali78! So am I reaching the last stage of my processing ??

Thanks!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yuapyuap said:
Thanks a lot sashali78! So am I reaching the last stage of my processing ??

Thanks!
Not quite, but you are at the most important stage now, the review of your relationship and principal applicant by CIC.

Yuapyuap

Jul 30, 2015
sashali78 said:
Not quite, but you are at the most important stage now, the review of your relationship and principal applicant by CIC.
ohhhhh ~~ btw. I, as the only principal sponsor, still haven't received any emails from CIC yet.....Indeed, only my wife, which is the only principal applicant, received an email. Is this normal? I thought CIC would inform me as well during the processing~~

Thanks !

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yuapyuap said:
ohhhhh ~~ btw. I, as the only principal sponsor, still haven't received any emails from CIC yet.....Indeed, only my wife, which is the only principal applicant, received an email. Is this normal? I thought CIC would inform me as well during the processing~~

Thanks !
It happens. Unless you selected on your forms to continue on with your wife PR application even in case you have been found ineligible to sponsor, AOR2 means that you are already accepted as a sponsor.

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Do you how long background check takes? I submitted police clearance 3 weeks ago and now waiting DM and PPR.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bukeluke said:
Do you how long background check takes? I submitted police clearance 3 weeks ago and now waiting DM and PPR.
Unfortunately, that's the most "dark horse" of CIC, even on GCMS notes they disclose very little on this subject. It can take anywhere from weeks to many months. I know how frustrating it can be, just hang in there...

shama0724

Feb 15, 2015
tofuboi said:
We need to know more about your timeline before we can answer. For example, my police request didn't come up until 8 months after my application is submitted.

Also, how did you get pregnancy covered on visitor visa? I am confused of your status in Canada. You should be able to drive with you HK drivers licence if you are here for the initial 6 months, afterwards, you can apply for a BC Drivers Licences if you past the 6 month period (dependent on your visitor record expiry date), or you can apply early if you can prove your visitor record expiry is longer than 6 months.
Thanks

sorry, yeah i didn't explain my situation.

My husband is a Canadian who born in Canada, worked in HK for several years and in April 2015 he was being relocated back to Canada while i was 4th months pregnant. We submitted Outland application (via hk office) at early April and we had arrived Canada at the end of April.
On July 1, had stayed in Canada for more than 3 months and the first stage of sponsorship also been approved, MSP is covered.

Gave birth in early sept and did a medical exam in Vancouver in early Oct....
I had checked the CIC website for the status, but seems they still haven't received my medical exam result yet.

I don't have the driving license in hk either, so definitely need to learn driving here. So when can i start learning ? It's quite inconvenient, especially I have a baby now

Plus, does anyone know is it very common to have the interview with CIC officer recently? If yes, i think i really need to apply the passport for my baby quickly as he probably need to come to HK with me.

Thanks!! :)

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shama0724 said:
sorry, yeah i didn't explain my situation.

My husband is a Canadian who born in Canada, worked in HK for several years and in April 2015 he was being relocated back to Canada while i was 4th months pregnant. We submitted Outland application (via hk office) at early April and we had arrived Canada at the end of April.
On July 1, had stayed in Canada for more than 3 months and the first stage of sponsorship also been approved, MSP is covered.

Gave birth in early sept and did a medical exam in Vancouver in early Oct....
I had checked the CIC website for the status, but seems they still haven't received my medical exam result yet.

I don't have the driving license in hk either, so definitely need to learn driving here. So when can i start learning ? It's quite inconvenient, especially I have a baby now

Plus, does anyone know is it very common to have the interview with CIC officer recently? If yes, i think i really need to apply the passport for my baby quickly as he probably need to come to HK with me.

Thanks!! :)
I believe you can learn to drive and get a driving license in Vancouver regardless of your status. Also i believe your baby is a Canadian by birth, so make sure you apply for a Canadian passport :)