+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
Maybe they are not the same for all applicants on how the IP or application received. But is there a way to ask the Hong Kong Office and ask them to get all of us on the same standard? Can anyone write to them and so not so many of us are worry? The final question for everyone - What can we do about any of this, so that we are not so frustrated!!!!!.

Suggestions???? :eek:

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
cutietal. said:
I dont really understand how cic works to be honest with you.
Some people need 1-1.5 months to change from IP to DM whereas some people need only 5 days.
It seems like most people get their request for police clearance or medical exam on the same day or couple days after they have got IP.
I also went to other immigration forums, and found out many other applicants who applied in the late Dec have already DM.

Sometimes, i feel so frustrated. :(
I still not received any request about police cert since it changed to IP 3 weeks ago...don't know why and I sent the enquiries to them...

Ian C.

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
2 Mar 2015 / AOR ; 5 Mar 2015 / SA
File Transfer...
5 Mar 2015
Med's Request
30 Nov 2014
Med's Done....
30 Nov 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2015
rbbridge said:
I am so glad that you are providing the word of encouragement, as you did so well in your case.

I do not know if my case is simple or complex. My husband was born in Vancouver and we have been married for 25 years with two kids ( both with Canadian passport). I am a US citizen and my husband and I have been living around the world due to my international work assignments. We never lived together in Canada, therefore I never needed to apply for the PR until now. Now my husband wanted to move back to Canada since his parents are getting old and sick and our kids are in University in Canada. Since I am currently living in Taiwan, therefore I applied via the Hong Kong Visa Office since its processing time seems to be shorter than NY or LA. I have the following problems:

1. Hong Kong Visa Office seemed to change its 10 month time frame to 20 month and I was also informed that US processing directly through Ottawa only takes 6 to 8 month. I am wondering if I should change visa processing office and if I do, if that would be possible? How would I do this change and also if I should write to the CIC to change visa office or file a new application. We do not have any experience and do not know what would be the correct steps to take and whom we should be asking.

2. We received our sponsorship approval on March 23 2015 and filed the application on Jan 12, 2015, then my application is forever in "Application Received" mode. I wonder if the Hong Kong Office knows what to do with my application as I do not have a Taiwan passport or one from China.

I guess it is just that our application are not the "normal one" for the visa office and I just not sure if we are doing this correctly. My husband and I have been married for so many years and we have not be separate for a long time. We just hope we are doing the correct routing for my PR application.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much!!! ;D ;D

Hi Rbbridge,

You can write down your concerns to the Case Specific Enquiry (HK) website with your PA's UCI and ask why it takes so long and why no response so far. for the HKVO processing, now CIC updated to 11 months instead of 20 months. so it should be OK to apply outside Canada. Please go to CIC site to access the Case Specific Enquiry HK to provide your information and then HKVO will reply you soon

Hope I can answer your queries.

Ian

Ian C.

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
5 Mar 2015
Med's Request
30 Nov 2014
Med's Done....
30 Nov 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2015
LN9714 said:
Hi Ian

Are you preparing your B4 form?

LN9714

Hi LN9714,
yes, I am going to ask the Logistics quotation charges and then schedule the flight timetable as well. Once the landing date is confirmed ( not later than end of this year ), then choose the Logistics company and prepare the B4/B4a form

Ian

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Ian C. said:
Hi LN9714,
yes, I am going to ask the Logistics quotation charges and then schedule the flight timetable as well. Once the landing date is confirmed ( not later than end of this year ), then choose the Logistics company and prepare the B4/B4a form

Ian
What's the deadline for you to land? When you plan to land? And which city you plan to live?

driftcars

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
bukeluke said:
I still not received any request about police cert since it changed to IP 3 weeks ago...don't know why and I sent the enquiries to them...
I got IP in March and I didn't get police certificate request until May. And I sent my passport about a week ago, I am still on IP instead of DM, while a lot of people got DM when they received passport request.

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
Could someone confirm to me that if I receive my PR from the Canadian Government, do I still need to apply for a work permit or if I will be able to work. In other word DOSE PR automatic give you the right to apply for job? Just like in US, if you get green card, you should be able to work.

Recently I consulted a lawyer and the legal office indicate I can apply for express entry to get a job, as I have already applied the Family sponsorship for PR for almost 9 month, would you think there will not be much point to apply for the express entry?

driftcars

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
rbbridge said:
Could someone confirm to me that if I receive my PR from the Canadian Government, do I still need to apply for a work permit or if I will be able to work. In other word DOSE PR automatic give you the right to apply for job? Just like in US, if you get green card, you should be able to work.

Recently I consulted a lawyer and the legal office indicate I can apply for express entry to get a job, as I have already applied the Family sponsorship for PR for almost 9 month, would you think there will not be much point to apply for the express entry?
You can work once you become Permanent Resident and get your Social Insurance Number. I am not too sure about express entry, but HKVO processing time on spousal sponsorship is 11 months.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
rbbridge said:

You can't really apply for express entry to apply for a job. Instead you need a job to be able to apply for express entry if express entry approved your permanent residency you will be able to work without a work visa. And also. My personal opinion. I think your already half way through the sponsorship I would stick with it unless it's rejected. But if you want you can have other application goingaswell . Hope this helps.

qiuchanghk

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
bukeluke said:
same here

I received their request about police cert (China and HK), but I don't need to do China police cert. I sent the enquiries to them around 2 weeks and still don't receive any feedback from CIC :'(

Ian C.

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
5 Mar 2015
Med's Request
30 Nov 2014
Med's Done....
30 Nov 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2015
bukeluke said:
What's the deadline for you to land? When you plan to land? And which city you plan to live?

Hi Bukeluke,

My deadline for landing is the same as medical check date (30 Nov 2014) - 1 year duration. Thus I need to fly to Toronto for landing by 30 nov 2015. my plan will be at the beginning of November this year.

Ian

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Ian C. said:
Hi Bukeluke,

My deadline for landing is the same as medical check date (30 Nov 2014) - 1 year duration. Thus I need to fly to Toronto for landing by 30 nov 2015. my plan will be at the beginning of November this year.

Ian
HI Ian, hope you enjoy the life there, as it's freezing at that time...

tofuboi

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-03-2015 AOR2 16-04-2015
File Transfer...
30-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2014 2nd - 28-08-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-28-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
Anyone know how much it is to move a upright piano from HK to Toronto?

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
tofuboi said:
Anyone know how much it is to move a upright piano from HK to Toronto?
It depends on if you want it fast or slow. I was just trying to buy a car seat and bring it to China as a gift. I priced it out, if it's by planes it's about 300ish(about a week)forgot to ask the other option, and I doubt it will be cheap. But you can try to phone the local transportation company. Good luck :)