+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

floppydisk

Sep 5, 2019
Hi all,

We are in our last mile of the application, received pre-arrival last month and expecting passport request / COPR etc. in the coming weeks. I am still confused about when we have to land after reviewing many posts pertaining this in particular. Assuming we receive our COPR in August 2020, what is true?

1. Land prior to the expiry of the medical check, which is 1 year from passing the medical exam as indicated on GCKey

2. Land prior to spouse's passport expires, which still has 7 years from this year (Doesn't make too much sense)

3. Land as indicated and request on the COPR itself (I've not seen any post related to any indication on the COPR)

4. Land prior to the issued Canadian travel visa (seems reasonable)

5. Land before a (fixed period) which I may have overlooked or not aware from within the application process

As we're all aware of the current worldwide situation and over the news today in Hong Kong of new, local infection cases the government has just announced extensions to some current in placed restrictions. I guess, not just myself would now very much wish to have a crystal ball and see when and how this will eventually ends but to me and my family, I think I need a plan B....(Can my kid made it in time for the September school year in Toronto etc...)

Many thanks in advance, cheers.!

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hi all,

We are in our last mile of the application, received pre-arrival last month and expecting passport request / COPR etc. in the coming weeks. I am still confused about when we have to land after reviewing many posts pertaining this in particular. Assuming we receive our COPR in August 2020, what is true?

1. Land prior to the expiry of the medical check, which is 1 year from passing the medical exam as indicated on GCKey

2. Land prior to spouse's passport expires, which still has 7 years from this year (Doesn't make too much sense)

3. Land as indicated and request on the COPR itself (I've not seen any post related to any indication on the COPR)

4. Land prior to the issued Canadian travel visa (seems reasonable)

5. Land before a (fixed period) which I may have overlooked or not aware from within the application process

As we're all aware of the current worldwide situation and over the news today in Hong Kong of new, local infection cases the government has just announced extensions to some current in placed restrictions. I guess, not just myself would now very much wish to have a crystal ball and see when and how this will eventually ends but to me and my family, I think I need a plan B....(Can my kid made it in time for the September school year in Toronto etc...)

Many thanks in advance, cheers.!
Land prior to the expiry of the medical check, which is 1 year from passing the medical exam as indicated on GCKey

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
floppy disk, To be honest, about your kids school in the Toronto area, you may land on time for your kid to go to school, but Ontario and Quebec is a coronavirus swimming pool, kids going to school in September is a very touchy subject at this time with there cases going up daily, BC just opened school for the kids and is running at 35% so if you are just going to receive your COPR soon and if your medical has time, would let the water cool down. how much time do you have on your medical?

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
It has been confirmed that the restrictions will be extended for another month
Thank you very much for your update! More waiting... I saw that news on their website just now for sure. And it seems they are going to make 14 days quarantine request as a regular rule without expired date.

I wonder when I will be able to have the interview this year.

Last edited:

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thank you very much for your update! More waiting... I saw that news on their website just now for sure. And it seems they are going to make 14 days quarantine request as a regular rule without expired date.

I wonder when I will be able to have the interview this year.
As you know Hong Kong is in a mess.
Your application is probably waiting in a queue for review until things calm down, so be patient It's just bad timing now.
The Consulate office there was efficient and sure they will have guidance regarding the interviews.

Things are getting better here....Though it was only 11 degrees outside this morning.
Give it a few more weeks and then we'll see what happens with all the issues. :eek:

Reactions: jerry22880

floppydisk

Sep 5, 2019
Hi @Matthewcares ,

Many thanks for responding to my earlier question about COPR, now is cleared.!! Appreciate the concern around the virus / kids school and can only hope it'll get better with time. Spouse only passed medical in March a few months ago so there will be time, our 1 year timeline on ECAS will be up in August. Cheers.!

floppy disk, To be honest, about your kids school in the Toronto area, you may land on time for your kid to go to school, but Ontario and Quebec is a coronavirus swimming pool, kids going to school in September is a very touchy subject at this time with there cases going up daily, BC just opened school for the kids and is running at 35% so if you are just going to receive your COPR soon and if your medical has time, would let the water cool down. how much time do you have on your medical?

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
ryester, Air canada cancelled my wife's flight again, 3 times in a row, did you find any flight in July from China to Vancouver?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
ryester, Air canada cancelled my wife's flight again, 3 times in a row, did you find any flight in July from China to Vancouver?
I learned a lesson after my June's ticket cancellation. So I am just monitoring the flight information now without booking. I am planning to book in the middle of June until Air Canada gets permission to fly China again and settle down the schedule. What time is your booked ticket to fly to Canada? July?

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I learned a lesson after my June's ticket cancellation. So I am just monitoring the flight information now without booking. I am planning to book in the middle of June until Air Canada gets permission to fly China again and settle down the schedule. What time is your booked ticket to fly to Canada? July?
well I am planning end of July we have not set up a date yet, because there is not much option right now, I am looking to spend around $2500.00 to $3000.00 maybe more for my wife and daughter, so I need to do some extensive research on flights as I don't want to get cancelled again. this situation can be so deflation.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
well I am planning end of July we have not set up a date yet, because there is not much option right now, I am looking to spend around $2500.00 to $3000.00 maybe more for my wife and daughter, so I need to do some extensive research on flights as I don't want to get cancelled again. this situation can be so deflation.
The ticket AC cancelled was for July?

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
yeah July was cancelled, seen some tickets for around $5000.00 to $8000.00 from China air and Cathay Pacific, also I notices that the IRCC is not saying to much about anything these days as well. last time they made contact was with that email.