+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate

ap1105

Jan 28, 2019
Faced a similar situation. All you need to do is upload a document addressed to IRCC, mentioning that the HK Certificate of No Criminal Conviction requires an official request letter from IRCC and will be sent directly to them. This will enable you to complete your application and submit your eAPR. Once your application is processed and you will get your AoR. Post that after a 30-35 day period you should ideally get an update of "Medicals Cleared" and an Additional Document Request (ADR) requesting a HK Police Clearance. In the meantime, you should arrange to get official fingerprints from the police authorities wherever you live. They are a pre-requisite for the application to HK police department.
Hope this helps!
Hey... Thanks a lot. That helps. Got another question for you. While sending the requisite documents to HK police dept, is it required to send the original HK ID card or a photocopy of that works?

SamMS

Jan 22, 2019
Hi, I understand that HK Police needs a formal letter of request from CIC to issue the PCC. However, in the documents section of my online PR application I see a column requesting for "police certificate Hong Kong". Does the system generate it mistakenly or should I provide/mention anything there? Also, I am an Indian citizen living in Canada (applying on CEC in-land) and no option to upload Indian PCC. Any idea how to resolve these issues.

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Hey... Thanks a lot. That helps. Got another question for you. While sending the requisite documents to HK police dept, is it required to send the original HK ID card or a photocopy of that works?
Just send the photocopies of your HKID as well as your passport (originals not required)

Last edited:

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Hi, I understand that HK Police needs a formal letter of request from CIC to issue the PCC. However, in the documents section of my online PR application I see a column requesting for "police certificate Hong Kong". Does the system generate it mistakenly or should I provide/mention anything there? Also, I am an Indian citizen living in Canada (applying on CEC in-land) and no option to upload Indian PCC. Any idea how to resolve these issues.
I had the same issue , Here's what I did.

In the section asking for HK Police certificate , I uploaded the Indian police certificate. Separately, I provided a letter of explaination stating that I have uploaded the Indian police certificate in place of Hong Kong and will await a letter from IRCC to request PCC from Hong Kong as stated on IRCC website.

Later on I did receive a letter from IRCC which I used to process my HK police certificate.

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Here's my timeline for HK CNCC which may help to know the recent processing time

Timeline
-
Application sent- 5th Jan
- Application received by HK police - 8th Jan
- Processed Application sent by HK police -22nd Jan
- PCC received by IRCC -Feb 5

In case you like to get updates on your application or have any questions , please write to HK police or call them , they were really helpful and provided detailed answers to all my questions

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
Hi! Once IRCC receives it, did you call them to confirm it was received? Or it shows on GCKEY that the additional document requested was received? Thanks! Mine was sent out on Jan 28th.

Here's my timeline for HK CNCC which may help to know the recent processing time

Timeline
-

In case you like to get updates on your application or have any questions , please write to HK police or call them , they were really helpful and provided detailed answers to all my questions

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Hi! Once IRCC receives it, did you call them to confirm it was received? Or it shows on GCKEY that the additional document requested was received? Thanks! Mine was sent out on Jan 28th.
raised a CSE and got a reply within an hour from IRCC

Reactions: Monie

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
Thanks! I will give it a few more days and then enquire via webform then. Right now gckey shows “we need additional documents”. Was just hoping that will change so will know that they have received it.

raised a CSE and got a reply within an hour from IRCC

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Thanks! I will give it a few more days and then enquire via webform then. Right now gckey shows “we need additional documents”. Was just hoping that will change so will know that they have received it.
No problem . Just curious to know , why does it show " We need additional documents " ? Didn't you upload any supporting document to show your application is in progress such as receipt or application form etc since HK police will directly send the PCC to IRCC.

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
Since it was just a receipt and not the actual PCC then I only notified them on webform that I got it already and let them know they will receive soon. I did not upload it on gckey as it was not the actual PCC and had no validity dates.

After they issed the request letter for PCC the line on gckey has changed to that. I have heard after they have received and reviewed it should change.

Thanks so much! I hope they receive mine this week!

No problem . Just curious to know , why does it show " We need additional documents " ? Didn't you upload any supporting document to show your application is in progress such as receipt or application form etc since HK police will directly send the PCC to IRCC.

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Since it was just a receipt and not the actual PCC then I only notified them on webform that I got it already and let them know they will receive soon. I did not upload it on gckey as it was not the actual PCC and had no validity dates.

After they issed the request letter for PCC the line on gckey has changed to that. I have heard after they have received and reviewed it should change.

Thanks so much! I hope they receive mine this week!

You will need to upload a document for the status to change to " The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." You can use the tab on the top of the status page " View Submitted application" and there will be an additional column for "Police Certificate" where you need to upload a document . Since , you can't upload the police certificate as it is being directly sent , you can upload the receipt and the confirmation email from police where they state that the PCC has been sent to IRCC. You may wait till they receive the letter but as far as I understand it won't change automatically once they receive the letter .

SamMS

Jan 22, 2019

Timeline
-

I

SamMS

Jan 22, 2019
I had the same issue , Here's what I did.

In the section asking for HK Police certificate , I uploaded the Indian police certificate. Separately, I provided a letter of explaination stating that I have uploaded the Indian police certificate in place of Hong Kong and will await a letter from IRCC to request PCC from Hong Kong as stated on IRCC website.

Later on I did receive a letter from IRCC which I used to process my HK police certificate.
n case you like to get updates on your application or have any questions , please write to HK police or call them , they were really helpful and provided detailed answers to all my questions[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much. I'm planning to uploaded a LOE with request of letter for HK PCC at the this field, and added Indian PCC at supporting document along with a cover letter or LOE. DO you think it should be fine as well? Btw, how long did it take you to receive request for HK PCC from IRCC after eAOR?

SamMS

Jan 22, 2019
Hi all,

Regarding uploading educational documents, do I need to upload all my degree certificates even though I claim point only for the highest degree (PhD). I understand I must upload WES+IELTS+PhD degree. I've not done WES for MSc and BSc as I don't claim points for them. Do I need to add these degree certificates as well with PhD for the proof? I see some guys panic me about uploading transcripts (they're many pages). Does IRCC really require transcripts for the degrees that we don't claim points. Need some input. Thanks

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
n case you like to get updates on your application or have any questions , please write to HK police or call them , they were really helpful and provided detailed answers to all my questions
Thanks very much. I'm planning to uploaded a LOE with request of letter for HK PCC at the this field, and added Indian PCC at supporting document along with a cover letter or LOE. DO you think it should be fine as well? Btw, how long did it take you to receive request for HK PCC from IRCC after eAOR?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't get your question completely. But I will outline the steps . Hope that helps.

1) Please add the Indian PCC in the supporting documents where you find "police certificate Hong Kong" has been requested.
2) In the LOE , please request them to send you the letter with which you can apply for HK PCC and also explain that you uploaded Indian PCC in the supporting docs as you have lived in India for long and didn't find a section to upload the same

I received the request from IRCC around 33 days after my AOR