+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate Problem and no response to CSE

FutureCandian

Dec 18, 2014
Hello fellow and senior applicants,

My application for PR is now being processed at the Manila VO, and since I lived in Hong Kong several years ago, I received a request for a Hong Kong Police Certificate (among other documents, which I submitted promptly).

The thing is, as noted on the CIC website, the Hong Kong police only sends out people's PCC directly to the corresponding visa office by postal mail. The request letter I received from my VO was sent electronically to me and does not contain their postal address. I asked the Hong Kong police whether this is acceptable and a police officer informed me via email that the letter MUST contain the address of the embassy that is requesting the police certificate. From the absence of a postal address on the request letter I thought that the Hong Kong police already knows the address of the Manila VO but apparently that is not the case.

I sent a case specific enquiry to the Manila VO on April 27 asking for a new request letter with their address and still received no reply... It has been almost three weeks and no reply, so I am just wondering if my understanding of the situation is correct.

Thanks in advance, and good luck to you all
Miru

huey9

Aug 3, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
Hi FutureCandian,

I'm in the same situation as you are. Just wondering if you have any updates... did IRCC send you a new letter with their address on it? How long did they take to reply?

Thanks!
Huey

FutureCandian

Dec 18, 2014
Hi FutureCandian,

I'm in the same situation as you are. Just wondering if you have any updates... did IRCC send you a new letter with their address on it? How long did they take to reply?

Thanks!
Huey
Hi Huey, I just saw your message. I guess at this time you've already solved the issue but I'll post a reply anyway for others to see. I sent them another email, and they sent me the request letter with full address. I feel like I should not have waited so long after sending the first message. Also, in my experience, email has a higher reply rate than case-specific inquiry form.

huey9

Aug 3, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
Hi Huey, I just saw your message. I guess at this time you've already solved the issue but I'll post a reply anyway for others to see. I sent them another email, and they sent me the request letter with full address. I feel like I should not have waited so long after sending the first message. Also, in my experience, email has a higher reply rate than case-specific inquiry form.

Hi FutureCandian,

No worries! And thanks for your reply. I did something similar. I'll post below what I did for future reference:

I submitted a "letter of explanation" via the online platform instead of the HK Polive Certificate (HK PCC), explaining that an official request with VO address is required. It was only AFTER the case was sent to the HK VO office that I received an official request with VO address
(by email). It seems that this is the usual procedure for applicants via the HKVO office.

I used this official request to apply through the HK Police Force, and they send the PCC by registered mail to the HK VO office (so applicants never get to see it). It takes about a month to be sent, so I applied for PCC this immediately upon receiving the official request, and then scanned/uploaded the receipt from HK Police along with another letter of explanation stating that the HK Police will send the PCC directly by registered mail. (This is apparently the usual practice for those applying via HK office as well.)

Again, thanks for your post and hope our posts will help future applicants! :)

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Thanks to both of you for your testimonials. I was looking for that information. So it's very useful. Thanks again.