+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home ties for Visitor Visa

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
If you are in Canada for a TRV, yes. SOWP is for a person coming to live, not visit so invitation not required.
Ok so what I understood is that its not required but if i write it for my spouse SOWP application it would be beneficial since i am on PGWP

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Invitation is not required because spouse is coming to work, live and stay.
Ok and since my spouse doesn’t own any assets back home, is it a good idea that i can attach an affidavit of all the property owned by my father as a proof of home tie?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok and since my spouse doesn’t own any assets back home, is it a good idea that i can attach an affidavit of all the property owned by my father as a proof of home tie?
No, not a tie. Your father’s property ownership has nothing to do with her. She doesn’t own it. Also your dad is not really her family member.

Manny1989

Dec 19, 2022
Hello members,

I am on PGWP in Canada and want to apply for my spouse's visit visa. I know showing home ties are so crucial to get the TRV but she doesn’t have too strong ties with the country i.e no job, no property, no kids. I don't want to apply for SOWP as my PGWP will be expiring soon. Can you experts please suggest me a few doable ideas that i can possibly do in order to show strong ties to the home country? I know one of them is to get her admission in some diploma back home, do you have any other suggestions?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your time.
In addition to enrolling in a school, she can add any document that shows she is involved in any religious organization or community engagement(like charity stuff). Also having family like mum dad or biological siblings will help.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
It is not her property. She is over 22 and married so not a dependant. Her brother is not her immediate family. Their properties are not her ties.
Ok! so I am on a PGWP in Canada and would be applying for my wife's SOWP. I wonder if she needs to write an SOP and how long should that be? Should i also write a letter of support/invitation for her? How long does that need to be?

On the portal where do I submit these?

Can you please guide me? I am a bit confused.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok! so I am on a PGWP in Canada and would be applying for my wife's SOWP. I wonder if she needs to write an SOP and how long should that be? Should i also write a letter of support/invitation for her? How long does that need to be?

On the portal where do I submit these?

Can you please guide me? I am a bit confused.
No to both. She is not a student so no SOP. She is coming to work so you are not inviting her to visit.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
No to both. She is not a student so no SOP. She is coming to work so you are not inviting her to visit.
ok and if i want to attach the explanation for it, then where do i attach? I don’t see a separate section for SOP or Letter of invitation

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ok and if i want to attach the explanation for it, then where do i attach? I don’t see a separate section for SOP or Letter of invitation
Merge it with another document. Again the documents are not needed and may not help her applicaiton.

IsmaRashid

May 10, 2020
Hi everyone,
I want to apply for a visitor visa for my mom who is a home maker. I needed help to understand what documents should I show strong ties back at home.
I have her savings account and a property that was bought in her name sometime back.It the first time she would be traveling international and I do not want to take any chances of visa rejection. I have my unmarried siblings to take care of.Can this be considered a strong tie back home?
Please, I would appreciate your guidance here.

Thanks and Regards,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
I want to apply for a visitor visa for my mom who is a home maker. I needed help to understand what documents should I show strong ties back at home.
I have her savings account and a property that was bought in her name sometime back.It the first time she would be traveling international and I do not want to take any chances of visa rejection. I have my unmarried siblings to take care of.Can this be considered a strong tie back home?
Please, I would appreciate your guidance here.

Thanks and Regards,
Family ties are spouse and children under 22. Unmarried siblings are not ties unless under 22.
Ties to return are job, income property, pension, investments. Property may not be seen as a tie.

So her profile is weak without travel history, ties and family ties. Are you PR? If long visit and you meet LICO, consider a super-visa.

IsmaRashid

May 10, 2020
Family ties are spouse and children under 22. Unmarried siblings are not ties unless under 22.
Ties to return are job, income property, pension, investments. Property may not be seen as a tie.

So her profile is weak without travel history, ties and family ties. Are you PR? If long visit and you meet LICO, consider a super-visa.
thank you for the response!
I am a PR and have been working in Canada for almost 4 years now. Have been filing my taxes for all the years

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Include proof of your income and current bank statement. When I acquired a visitor visa for my mother in law I didn't even bother to submit her bank statement since she has no money.

I did, however, submit the deed to her apartment along with proof of her miserable monthly retirement check. Was about $12 per month at the beginning of the year although now it's only worth $8.

Write a letter of invitation and say that her visit will last two or three weeks. Your mom should also submit a letter that speaks to why she wishes to visit Canada. You can translate it.

Good luck.