+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Iryna 1993

May 12, 2021
Dear all!
Just want to ask if someone of you had the similar situation.
I am waiting for my open work permit and the PR almost 2 years ( in April it’s going to be 2 years)
I don’t have any valid permits since 2020.
My health card is expired on June 2020 is well.
I am 7 months pregnant with the expired health card.
My family doctor and the OB didn’t charge me for the visits until November 2021.
Now I have to pay for everything. I am pregnant woman, without the any permits, I can’t work , can’t get any maternity help,I don’t have any income and don’t know how to support myself. I don’t know how to pay $15.000-$20.000 CAD for deliver the baby.
I was contacting IRCC with this matter, with all the proves that I am pregnant and I really need to obtain at least some kind of the Work Permit or the PR but anyway no luck, they can’t do anything.
I’ve contact the MP is well , she pushed the IRCC a little bit and they asked me and my past employer for additional documents with we provided.( Anyway, the officer from the IRCC was not happy with that how far I understand)
Since then ( 2 months ago) no news.
I don’t know what to do and whom do I have to contact ?
So guys, tell me please what to do ?
Wha is your advice to me ? I will appreciate any help .
Thank You all!!!

LBT15

Jan 17, 2022
Dear all!
Just want to ask if someone of you had the similar situation.
I am waiting for my open work permit and the PR almost 2 years ( in April it’s going to be 2 years)
I don’t have any valid permits since 2020.
My health card is expired on June 2020 is well.
I am 7 months pregnant with the expired health card.
My family doctor and the OB didn’t charge me for the visits until November 2021.
Now I have to pay for everything. I am pregnant woman, without the any permits, I can’t work , can’t get any maternity help,I don’t have any income and don’t know how to support myself. I don’t know how to pay $15.000-$20.000 CAD for deliver the baby.
I was contacting IRCC with this matter, with all the proves that I am pregnant and I really need to obtain at least some kind of the Work Permit or the PR but anyway no luck, they can’t do anything.
I’ve contact the MP is well , she pushed the IRCC a little bit and they asked me and my past employer for additional documents with we provided.( Anyway, the officer from the IRCC was not happy with that how far I understand)
Since then ( 2 months ago) no news.
I don’t know what to do and whom do I have to contact ?
So guys, tell me please what to do ?
Wha is your advice to me ? I will appreciate any help .
Thank You all!!!
Hi

I am similar situation regarding timeline. I’ve been on maintained status for just over one year with no healthcare.
However I am not pregnant so really can’t help as such. In regards to your situation of being pregnant, I have read on other forums that midwifes tend to be significantly cheaper and potentially opt for a home birth if possible. My heart goes out to you because I can’t imagine how worried you must be.

A lady contacted me on this forum previously too she found herself in a similar situation. She gave birth at home and her child is now 13 months andeven though the baby is Canadian her child also isn’t eligible for healthcare either: it’s so crazy!

I wish you all theluck in the world. I think it would be beneficial to contact the media in regards to this because it’s not okay at all. Also continue to call IRCC every day and your MP!
I wish I could be more help.

Reactions: Iryna 1993

Iryna 1993

May 12, 2021
Hi

I am similar situation regarding timeline. I’ve been on maintained status for just over one year with no healthcare.
However I am not pregnant so really can’t help as such. In regards to your situation of being pregnant, I have read on other forums that midwifes tend to be significantly cheaper and potentially opt for a home birth if possible. My heart goes out to you because I can’t imagine how worried you must be.

A lady contacted me on this forum previously too she found herself in a similar situation. She gave birth at home and her child is now 13 months andeven though the baby is Canadian her child also isn’t eligible for healthcare either: it’s so crazy!

I wish you all theluck in the world. I think it would be beneficial to contact the media in regards to this because it’s not okay at all. Also continue to call IRCC every day and your MP!
I wish I could be more help.
Thank you for your respond and your kindness ☺

jkb84

Jan 17, 2020
Hello everyone!!!
Today I got letter fron ircc to provide additional documents from the employer. They asked employer about 3 years NOA and info how he has been managing before application. Can someone please tell how and what to write in that letter. Thanks!!!

cool_boy007

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Hello everyone!!!
Today I got letter fron ircc to provide additional documents from the employer. They asked employer about 3 years NOA and info how he has been managing before application. Can someone please tell how and what to write in that letter. Thanks!!!
Your time line ?

carlosky

Jul 14, 2019
Can an outside applicant undergo his medical assessment here in Canada? Will it affect his Visa application approval under Home support worker?
Or is it advisable he goes back to his home country and undergo his medical and wait for final decision from IRCC.
Please your earnest suggestions will be higher appreciated.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Can an outside applicant undergo his medical assessment here in Canada? Will it affect his Visa application approval under Home support worker?
I don’t think so. But you will surely waste your money. they only allow upfront medical for some application because of the short processing times. They cannot give a negative approval for someone who just did an upfront (coz I have one existing from my previous work permit), that’s stupid for them to disapprove someone for that reason. It’s not even a crime! But again, you will surely waste your money

carlosky

Jul 14, 2019
I don’t think so. But you will surely waste your money. they only allow upfront medical for some application because of the short processing times. They cannot give a negative approval for someone who just did an upfront (coz I have one existing from my previous work permit), that’s stupid for them to disapprove someone for that reason. It’s not even a crime! But again, you will surely waste your money
Thanks for your response. Please read the message again.....

Or is it advisable he goes back to his home country and undergo his medical and wait for final decision from IRCC.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Thanks for your response. Please read the message again.....

Are you here in Canada but outside applicant? I don’t understand.
I took my medical here in Canada, but submitted my application in Israel for Live-in caregiver program. I was approved.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Yes, Outside home support worker applicant but here in Canada.
Gotcha. Yup, no problem with that. Just like what happened to me. Upfront medical here in canada when I was still in visitor visa, then went to Israel to submit my application for Live-In caregiver program last week 2018. Was approved. So it doesn’t matter where you took your upfront medical exam